PDA

View Full Version : Football Depth Chart

Walkerhill
05-31-2018, 04:51 AM
Is there anywhere I can find a reasonably accurate 2 deep football depth chat?

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 07:51 AM
At this point no because none of them will take into account freshmen and newcomers.

bostondawg
05-31-2018, 10:04 AM
I also feel like since we'll roll both a 4-3 and a 3-4, a depth chart would be difficult to write down. (we'll also run a 4-2-5 with Shoop right?)

Jack Lambert
05-31-2018, 10:31 AM
I also feel like since we'll roll both a 4-3 and a 3-4, a depth chart would be difficult to write down. (we'll also run a 4-2-5 with Shoop right?)

All I know is we have some players on Defense. We were able to move Green to defensive end. I think that move is going to help his draft stock.

msu15
05-31-2018, 11:11 AM

Isn't 4-2-5 our base defense actually? Thought I've seen that somewhere

bostondawg
05-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Isn't 4-2-5 our base defense actually? Thought I've seen that somewhere

You might be right here. Having trouble remembering all the different packages the forum has talked about.

bostondawg
05-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Posting the depth chart that's on OurLads below. It's made for a 4-2-5 defense and I think it's accurate for that package. (source: http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/mississippi-state/91211)

The only comments I might make is that this is a very early-year depth chart. I think you might see Dantzler over Rayford at some point. And then we've had plenty of debates on here about WR. But it feels like Guidry and Williams will find a way to start, or at least play a ton.

https://snag.gy/gFr7Zy.jpg

ETA: Maybe a few other comments. It feels like Hoyett is gonna play a lot at the other DT spot. I'd also expect Rivers to get on the field a lot. I could see Hoyett on the field for 40% of snaps. Maybe 30% for Rivers. 30% for Willie Gay.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Posting the depth chart that's on OurLads below. It's made for a 4-2-5 defense and I think it's accurate for that package. (source: http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/mississippi-state/91211)

The only comments I might make is that this is a very early-year depth chart. I think you might see Dantzler over Rayford at some point. And then we've had plenty of debates on here about WR. But it feels like Guidry and Williams will find a way to start, or at least play a ton.

ETA: Maybe a few other comments. It feels like Hoyett is gonna play a lot at the other DT spot. I'd also expect Rivers to get on the field a lot. I could see Hoyett on the field for 40% of snaps. Maybe 30% for Rivers. 30% for Willie Gay.

By H receiver you mean Z and by slot you mean Y right?

H is for the TE/H-back. Not to be a football nazi but Im just saying.

Btw Devonta Jason is better than Couch and Todd, Alec Murphy plays LB not DB. Rayford may start the first game but he wont be for long. Danztler Peters and Williams will be our best CBs.

bostondawg
05-31-2018, 12:14 PM
By H receiver you mean Z and by slot you mean Y right?

H is for the TE/H-back. Not to be a football nazi but Im just saying.

Btw Devonta Jason is better than Couch and Todd, Alec Murphy plays LB not DB. Rayford may start the first game but he wont be for long. Danztler Peters and Williams will be our best CBs.

Uh, sure? I made no assertion of which receiver was playing which position. If you have an issue with that depth chart, you're welcome to take it up with OurLads. Of course I agree that the H receiver on this chart should be the Z receiver. And also, I'm pretty sure that the terms slot and Y are pretty interchangeable. I don't think we have an understanding in the Moorhead offense how he will use the X and Z differently. It's less pronounced than in the NFL.

And yeah, I agree that Jason is better than Couch and Todd. I could easily some "starting" combo of Guidry, Williams and Whop between the X and Z positions. They'll all clearly play a lot.

And good catch on Murphy.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2018, 12:17 PM
Coach Moorhead in Atlanta talked about our LBs are good but Willie Gay is going to be Very Special. Gay and Kylin Hill were the only ones he kind of talked about separately like that other than Green and Fitz showing great leadership.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2018, 01:56 PM
Willie Gay and Errol Thompson are the best 2.

This is a do or die year for LL. He hasnt lived up to the hype. I think he will even admit that

Jack Lambert
05-31-2018, 02:31 PM
You really don't fully grasp how much experience we have until you look at that depth chart. Except for Austin Williams every one of them you know their names because they played a lot last season.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2018, 02:39 PM
You really don't fully grasp how much experience we have until you look at that depth chart. Except for Austin Williams every one of them you know their names because they played a lot last season.

Austin Williams should have played last fall but Mullen gonna Mullen. If he continues what he did in the spring, watch out.

mstatefan91
05-31-2018, 03:30 PM
Is Heath coming or no?

Ari Gold
05-31-2018, 04:10 PM
Is Heath coming or no?

No Co- Lin

Ari Gold
05-31-2018, 04:21 PM

Guidry will start at WR
Whop will get his share of snaps
Spencer is ahead of Kobe
Dantzler and Williams will get lots of reps
Marcus Murphy will play as a true freshman
Kilby-Lane will be running with the 2’s at LB before long. ( dude played as a freshman at FSU)
Keep and eye of Webb the true freshman might get a shot to play at KOR and PR.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2018, 08:37 PM
Guidry will start at WR
Whop will get his share of snaps
Spencer is ahead of Kobe
Dantzler and Williams will get lots of reps
Marcus Murphy will play as a true freshman
Kilby-Lane will be running with the 2’s at LB before long. ( dude played as a freshman at FSU)
Keep and eye of Webb the true freshman might get a shot to play at KOR and PR.

Kobe Jones might be our worst DL that plays. And he is a good player. Me personally I like him more than I like Hoyett but Im not slighting any of them. We are playoff ready on the DL.

Was a big deal too get Brian Baker back to coach them as well

Ari Gold
05-31-2018, 08:57 PM
Kobe Jones might be our worst DL that plays. And he is a good player. Me personally I like him more than I like Hoyett but Im not slighting any of them. We are playoff ready on the DL.

Was a big deal too get Brian Baker back to coach them as well

Kobe is solid player. Reminds me of Issac Gross.
But just hard to get many reps with this 2 deep.
Hell Adams started a few games last year and will be 3rd string