PDA

View Full Version : How much of Schloss's success is attributed to Kirk Saarloos?

BHildreth3
05-30-2018, 06:45 PM
I'm just curious - i haven't kept up with Saarloos since he kicked our ass in a regional years ago.

Martianlander
05-30-2018, 07:30 PM
11.82%-Seriously I don't know but Schloss was the man in charge.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2018, 07:33 PM
In the 4yrs before Saarloos got to TCU they went to a CWS & 2 other Supers. Saarloos is a great pitching coach but Schlossnagle was winning before he got there.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 07:47 PM
Schlossnagle was Coach of the year and at the CWS 2 years before Saarloos was nsme TCU pitching coach. Just shows he can hire talented folks.

Captain Falcon
05-30-2018, 07:56 PM
I think you can also look at Schloss’s tenures at Tulane and UNLV to see just how great he is. He was a big part of Tulane becoming an absolute monster in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, and he took a bad UNLV program and won 47 games with them in Year 2 before leaving for TCU.

Saarloos is a really good young assistant coach, but Schloss is widely considered an easy Top 5 coach nationally, and he was doing great things at TCU long before Saarloos.

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 07:57 PM
Schlossnagle was Coach of the year and at the CWS 2 years before Saarloos was nsme TCU pitching coach. Just shows he can hire talented folks.

Exactly, very Saban and Belichik-like. Those guys attract top assistants and see them get rewarded with big jobs. Cohen himself has many assistants now as head guys.

MarketingBully
05-30-2018, 08:04 PM
I think you can also look at Schloss’s tenures at Tulane and UNLV to see just how great he is. He was a big part of Tulane becoming an absolute monster in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, and he took a bad UNLV program and won 47 games with them in Year 2 before leaving for TCU.

Saarloos is a really good young assistant coach, but Schloss is widely considered an easy Top 5 coach nationally, and he was doing great things at TCU long before Saarloos.

Very well said. I think he’s a guy that could win a national championship here.

Todd4State
05-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Very well said. I think he’s a guy that could win a national championship here.

Especially if Schlossnagle's perceptions about TCU having some major disadvantages are true.

At the very least he will have:

1. An AD that is very baseball savvy that can help him with academic aid to offset lottery and endowment advantages and understands the importance of that.
2. The best baseball stadium with one of the most passionate fan bases in America to sell.
3. Schloss will be able to sell playing in the best conference in America. The Big 12 is very good....but there are some Kansas and West Virginia's that drop the league down some.
4. I believe that he will hire an elite pitching coach.
5. He will be at a program that is without question the top program in the state.

With all of those advantages it's possible to believe that Schlossnagle's recruiting which has been good at TCU may actually improve some. And with his reputation for getting elite talent to campus it means that we could see even better players coming to campus- which will help us win a National Title.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2018, 09:46 AM

You nailed it perfectly! I also understand schloss has almost a blank check to hire an elite pitching coach.

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Interesting tidbit... every year since saarloos has been there (2012-now) the team era has slowly went up