PDA

View Full Version : National Championship for MSU - Not a Preacher Troll Job

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Men's tennis doubles finish #1 in the Nation. That's a national title.

http://hailstate.com/images/2018/5/30/042918_MT_SECTourney_TAMU_KP0626.jpg?width=1440&height=810&mode=crop

http://hailstate.com/news/2018/5/30/mens-tennis-borges-rakic-finish-no-1-nationally-four-bulldogs-ranked-in-final-ita-rankings.aspx

mstatefan91
05-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Congrats and Hail State!

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 03:56 PM
But we didn’t win the natty. So this is a confusing thread.

Bothrops
05-30-2018, 04:41 PM
So even if MSU finishes #1 in something..still no NC..

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 04:56 PM
So even if MSU finishes #1 in something..still no NC..

It was where they finished ranked prior to NCAA. They lost in it. Got to win to be a natty where I come from.

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 05:48 PM
It was where they finished ranked prior to NCAA. They lost in it. Got to win to be a natty where I come from.

Being #1 on the last poll is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, refusing a national title after being ranked #1 is a sign of Aspergers

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Being #1 on the last poll is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, refusing a national title after being ranked #1 is a sign of Aspergers

So you crown a champion prior to the tournament???

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 06:05 PM
So you crown a champion prior to the tournament???

Tournament is over, WF or somebody won the tournament but who cares, final poll, our boys are #1

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 06:16 PM
Tournament is over, WF or somebody won the tournament but who cares, final poll, our boys are #1

Final poll they weren’t. It’s not out. That’s some ole miss bs. Win the damn thing if you want a title.

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 06:17 PM

Hell based on that duke has 15 National basketball titles instead of 5. Stupid logic.

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Hell based on that duke has 15 National basketball titles instead of 5. Stupid logic.

Welp the dudes that won the tournament were not even top-25 to start the tournament. I don't follow College Tennis but I do know they play lots and lots of tournaments. So, for an independent group like ITA, they don't make the NCAA tournament the sole basis for judgement. They look at all the tournaments played because the individual tourney's are not progressively eliminating competition with high precision.

In football Oklahoma has multiple claimed titles where they were 11-0 before a bowl game then lost the bowl game, someone left them at #1 on the final poll. Then they have titles were they won the bowl game but lost during the season. This before BCS and Playoff eras, of course.

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Welp the dudes that won the tournament were not even top-25 to start the tournament. I don't follow College Tennis but I do know they play lots and lots of tournaments. So, for an independent group like ITA, they don't make the NCAA tournament the sole basis for judgement. They look at all the tournaments played because the individual tourney's are not progressively eliminating competition with high precision.

In football Oklahoma has multiple claimed titles where they were 11-0 before a bowl game then lost the bowl game, someone left them at #1 on the final poll. Then they have titles were they won the bowl game but lost during the season. This before BCS and Playoff eras, of course.
But there IS a tournament and we didn’t win. This isn’t the 1961 upi or whatever. Hell based on the way you look at it Fresno state never won the college World Series. Get real man.

Quaoarsking
05-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Even if they'd won the tournament, it's an individual championship, not a team national title. We've done that before in various track/field events, as well as men's doubles tennis.

It's still awesome, though. Not trying to take anything away from the guys.

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2018, 08:09 PM
Even if they'd won the tournament, it's an individual championship, not a team national title. We've done that before in various track/field events, as well as men's doubles tennis.

It's still awesome, though. Not trying to take anything away from the guys.

#1 in the Nation in Men's Doubles Tennis- that's All I need to know!