PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Baseball Coaching Search

BrickCityDawgs
05-30-2018, 01:51 PM
The baseball coach is still locked down with Jim Schlossnagle. However, John Cohen is still in Destin at the SEC meetings and this has caused a bit of a delay in the finalization of the process. Schlossnagle has informed TCU AD Donati of his intention to leave but has not informed the TCU team as of this afternoon. This is expected to happen in the next day or so and the announcement of Schlossnagle at Mississippi State will occur soon after. The contract will incentive-laden with a base salary of $1.8 million. TCU is working to promote Kirk Saarloos as their head coach and plan to have that in place shortly after Schlossnagle officially makes the move.

BeardoMSU
05-30-2018, 01:53 PM
Good stuff, dude. Where would 1.8 rank nationally among top tier coaches?

Bully13
05-30-2018, 01:53 PM
Well there's that then. Thanks Brick,.

Bully13
05-30-2018, 01:54 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess #1.

BrickCityDawgs
05-30-2018, 01:57 PM

Base salary wise is highest paid in the country. Incentives could take it near the $3 million range if they are all met.

Bulldog1
05-30-2018, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess #1.

That's correct.

Jack Lambert
05-30-2018, 02:00 PM
That's correct.

I bet Bjork just kicked his desk, shit a brick and said "Damn it now we have to match".

BulldogDX55
05-30-2018, 02:17 PM
I bet Bjork just kicked his desk, shit a brick and said "Damn it now we have to match".

Bianco is definitely excited for this news.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 02:18 PM

It would be second only to Corbin, I think.

ETA: Okay it looks like Corbin made 2.3 mil in 2016 (https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2018/05/29/vanderbilt-baseball-coach-tim-corbin-pay-derek-mason-pay-bryce-drew-pay-sec-football-coaches-pay/618555002/). But his base was only 880k. So Schloss might be the highest paid base salary in baseball, but I don't think he'll pull home as much as Corbin (depending on Corbin's bonuses).

preachermatt83
05-30-2018, 02:22 PM
It would be second only to Corbin, I think.

No one knows what Corbin makes because they don't have to report but most believe it's in the 1.2-1.3mil range. It's not close to 1.8.... it far and away #1. Mcdonnell and sully would be 2 and 3 and nearly half a mil below Schloss.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 02:22 PM
No one knows what Corbin makes because they don't have to report but most believe it's in the 1.2-1.3mil range. It's not close to 1.8.... it far and away #1. Mcdonnell and sully would be 2 and 3 and nearly half a mil below Schloss.

See my post that you quoted. I updated it with a link. He made 2.3 mil in 2016.

preachermatt83
05-30-2018, 02:26 PM
See my post that you quoted. I updated it with a link. He made 2.3 mil in 2016.

Gotcha. I knew his base wasn't close to 1.8. I would venture to guess that Corbin won't sniff 1.8 total this year.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Gotcha. I knew his base wasn't close to 1.8. I would venture to guess that Corbin won't sniff 1.8 total this year.

Yeah no idea how those bonuses are setup. But I suppose it wouldn't be crazy to expect us to have at least 500k of attainable bonuses in Schloss's contract. I'd say a CWS berth is probably worth that.

Commercecomet24
05-30-2018, 02:32 PM
The baseball coach is still locked down with Jim Schlossnagle. However, John Cohen is still in Destin at the SEC meetings and this has caused a bit of a delay in the finalization of the process. Schlossnagle has informed TCU AD Donati of his intention to leave but has not informed the TCU team as of this afternoon. This is expected to happen in the next day or so and the announcement of Schlossnagle at Mississippi State will occur soon after. The contract will incentive-laden with a base salary of $1.8 million. TCU is working to promote Kirk Saarloos as their head coach and plan to have that in place shortly after Schlossnagle officially makes the move.

Yeah brick, I'd heard 2 different scenarios this past Monday. Would either be announced Thursday or next Tuesday. So this kinda fits what I'd heard. I'm down this way y'all want me to go tell Cohen to speed it up lol

preachermatt83
05-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Yeah brick, I'd heard 2 different scenarios this past Monday. Would either be announced Thursday or next Tuesday. So this kinda fits what I'd heard. I'm down this way y'all want to go tell Cohen to speed it up lol

He's prob getting a bunch of "how in the world did u pull that off" from the other ADs

MarketingBully
05-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Schlossnagle is definitely coming. The TCU AD no commented when asked about the Schlossnagle/MSU interest then he elaborated with this: "I’ll just generally say that whatever comes from it, we’re in a position of strength and we’ll be OK.” Sounds to me like they are trying to lock down Saarloos. You don’t say that if you’re keeping your coach.

Commercecomet24
05-30-2018, 02:49 PM
He's prob getting a bunch of "how in the world did u pull that off" from the other ADs

John Cohen is fast becoming the premiere AD in the country. Always seems to be a step ahead and handles these searches expeditiously and professionally. We are very lucky to have him!

BrickCityDawgs
05-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Schlossnagle is definitely coming. The TCU AD no commented when asked about the Schlossnagle/MSU interest then he elaborated with this: "I’ll just generally say that whatever comes from it, we’re in a position of strength and we’ll be OK.” Sounds to me like they are trying to lock down Saarloos. You don’t say that if you’re keeping your coach.

Exactly, everything falling in line with that I said. Their AD wants to seem prepared when the news breaks.

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2018, 03:06 PM
John Cohen is fast becoming the premiere AD in the country. Always seems to be a step ahead and handles these searches expeditiously and professionally. We are very lucky to have him!

John Cohen and Mark Keenum are 2 of the best things to happen to MSU athletics in the past half century, if not longer.

TrapGame
05-30-2018, 03:10 PM
John Cohen and Mark Keenum are 2 of the best things to happen to MSU athletics in the past half century, if not longer.

Too bad we didn't have a forward thinking power duo like this in 2003.

Todd4State
05-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Too bad we didn't have a forward thinking power duo like this in 2003.

Ron Polk's batteries are re-charged!**

preachermatt83
05-30-2018, 03:36 PM

No doubt!! Having a competitive, sports loving president is absolutely gigantic

preachermatt83
05-30-2018, 03:37 PM

Absolutely agree. And I admit I was skeptical at first about it.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 03:37 PM

You can have Keenum. Under his watch, we have slipped over 50 places in University ratings like US News and lost our Carnigie 1 research status. UM moved ahead of us to Carnigie 1 research status. We are trending near USM status. He can leave and I'll pack his bag.

MarketingBully
05-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Ron Polk's batteries are re-charged!**

If we had hired Ray Tanner or Paul Mainieri in 2002, we would have a national championship easily by now in baseball. It was obvious even back then those guys would have been homerun hires. Larry Templeton had to be one of the laziest aww shucks ADs we’ve ever had. He did a great job on the Jackie Sherrill hire. Even with the Stans hire he just promoted from within. Glad we were able to get Byrne which kind of turned the tide on shitty ADs. Didn’t like Stricklin that much but he did do a great job of fund raising and elevating our facilities (including the New Dude). Cohen I think will end up being another Byrne and be one of the better ADs we’ve ever had.

SmokeyDawg
05-30-2018, 03:59 PM
Need a bonus incentive for ever top 5 or 10 round mlb draft pick he gets on campus.

99jc
05-30-2018, 04:02 PM
If we had hired Ray Tanner or Paul Mainieri in 2002, we would have a national championship easily by now in baseball. It was obvious even back then those guys would have been homerun hires. Larry Templeton had to be one of the laziest aww shucks ADs we?ve ever had. He did a great job on the Jackie Sherrill hire. Even with the Stans hire he just promoted from within. Glad we were able to get Byrne which kind of turned the tide on shitty ADs. Didn?t like Stricklin that much but he did do a great job of fund raising and elevating our facilities (including the New Dude). Cohen I think will end up being another Byrne and be one of the better ADs we?ve ever had.

was the worst AD in the History of College Sports. Arrogant Weasel whom forgot where his roots came from. Yeah LT some of us knew you when you lived in Pecan Acres off of HWY 12 then thought you were too good to speak years later. Always made decisions that would benefit him not the University. I will never gripe about the Intense Bastard after living through the LT 17'd up era.

Jack Lambert
05-30-2018, 04:06 PM
was the worst AD in the History of College Sports. Arrogant Weasel whom forgot where his roots came from. Yeah LT some of us knew you when you lived in Pecan Acres off of HWY 12 then thought you were too good to speak years later. Always made decisions that would benefit him not the University. I will never gripe about the Intense Bastard after living through the LT 17'd up era.

Not really wanting to defend LT because I agree with you but we did win the SEC West and got to Atlanta, We did make it to the final four in basketball and we did get to college world series more often when he was AD. I don't know if that off sets all the holding back of our athletics or not but those things did happen.

99jc
05-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Not really wanting to defend LT because I agree with you but we did win the SEC West and got to Atlanta, We did make it to the final four in basketball and we did get to college world series more often when he was AD. I don't know if that off sets all the holding back of our athletics or not but those things did happen.

Trust me when I say we won despite LT. I used to work for the Athletic department I Know him and his deeds well.

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Need a bonus incentive for ever top 5 or 10 round mlb draft pick he gets on campus.

Why? That gonna make him try harder??

JNC23
05-30-2018, 04:48 PM
You can have Keenum. Under his watch, we have slipped over 50 places in University ratings like US News and lost our Carnigie 1 research status. UM moved ahead of us to Carnigie 1 research status. We are trending near USM status. He can leave and I'll pack his bag.

Thank God you?re not in charge. The day Keenum leaves will be a very tough day for Mississippi State.

MaroonState
05-30-2018, 05:01 PM
If we had hired Ray Tanner or Paul Mainieri in 2002, we would have a national championship easily by now in baseball. It was obvious even back then those guys would have been homerun hires. Larry Templeton had to be one of the laziest aww shucks ADs we’ve ever had. He did a great job on the Jackie Sherrill hire. Even with the Stans hire he just promoted from within. Glad we were able to get Byrne which kind of turned the tide on shitty ADs. Didn’t like Stricklin that much but he did do a great job of fund raising and elevating our facilities (including the New Dude). Cohen I think will end up being another Byrne and be one of the better ADs we’ve ever had.
Zacharias was responsible for KJS. Not LT.

SmokeyDawg
05-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Why? That gonna make him try harder??

Is a bonus for making it to a super regional or the CWS going to make him try harder? No, hopefully that's his goal in the first place. Loading the roster with some talent like that, I'd throw him some bones.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 05:22 PM
Thank God you?re not in charge. The day Keenum leaves will be a very tough day for Mississippi State.

By which means? The fact we are losing ground as an academic institution and research institution? Those are not debatable and the buck stops at the top. He raises funds. Great. You cant counter my arguments, since they are availabke for all to see. So you just make a blanket statement. Is that you Mrs Keenum?

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2018, 05:27 PM

I think all presidents have their strengths and weaknesses.

Keenum has done a ton of great things for MSU & has been an excellent president. You can't judge him solely on what you mentioned

Homedawg
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Is a bonus for making it to a super regional or the CWS going to make him try harder? No, hopefully that's his goal in the first place. Loading the roster with some talent like that, I'd throw him some bones.

Fair enough. But the others actually provide for sure results. He’s gonna have plenty of incentives. Getting top ten guys is as much luck as anything. MLB has gotten really good about not wasting draft picks in top 10.

msstate7
05-30-2018, 06:14 PM
I think all presidents have their strengths and weaknesses.

Keenum has done a ton of great things for MSU & has been an excellent president. You can't judge him solely on what you mentioned

Miss state is an academic institution... those are pretty big deals.

Dawg61
05-30-2018, 06:46 PM

Cohen is doing a tremendous job except for the field turf and the basketball tickets/attendance. Hiring coaches he gets an A+.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Cohen is doing a tremendous job except for the field turf and the basketball tickets/attendance. Hiring coaches he gets an A+.

Field turf and not painting or replacing the plywood in the Palmeiro, so he gets an A instead of A+. Ha

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 07:46 PM
A different university started running the Carnegie before this last round of ratings. They apparently used a different formula for weighing research than had been used in the past. State had not changed what they were doing or fallen off and had expectation of keeping their rating. Was a blindside when it happened. Even Dartmouth dropped from R1 to R2. More than likely this is why OM jumped to R1 also. US News and World Report uses these rankings to make their rankings. So a drop from R1 to R2 ties directly to the drop there. University has been doing everything in its power to get back to R1 since it lost it. From a conversation I had the other day it seems that some of the brouhaha in aero engineering may be directly tied to those efforts. More research is being requested and there has been some push back from teaching profs that were never required to do it before. Anyway, one good thing is they are releasing rankings every three years now and will release again later this year. Maybe we did enough in the two years since to regain the status. Here is a good article from earlier this month about it. In fact the ranking is not even based on the quality of the research done, just the quantity.
https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2018/05/carnegie-classifications-whats-all-the-fuss/

Turfdawg67
05-30-2018, 07:55 PM
A different university started running the Carnegie before this last round of ratings. They apparently used a different formula for weighing research than had been used in the past. State had not changed what they were doing or fallen off and had expectation of keeping their rating. Was a blindside when it happened. Even Dartmouth dropped from R1 to R2. More than likely this is why OM jumped to R1 also. US News and World Report uses these rankings to make their rankings. So a drop from R1 to R2 ties directly to the drop there. University has been doing everything in its power to get back to R1 since it lost it. From a conversation I had the other day it seems that some of the brouhaha in aero engineering may be directly tied to those efforts. More research is being requested and there has been some push back from teaching profs that were never required to do it before. Anyway, one good thing is they are releasing rankings every three years now and will release again later this year. Maybe we did enough in the two years since to regain the status. Here is a good article from earlier this month about it. In fact the ranking is not even based on the quality of the research done, just the quantity.
https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2018/05/carnegie-classifications-whats-all-the-fuss/

You speaketh the truth to Boobcat's half truths... now explain (if you can) about our turf and accounting schools falling behind after being top 5-10 just a few years ago.

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 08:03 PM
You speaketh the truth to Boobcat's half truths... now explain (if you can) about our turf and accounting schools falling behind after being top 5-10 just a few years ago.

I have nothing to add. Don't know. I will say that Pres was known to be furious at dropped rating and I believe his ties to federal government can help us get the grants and federal money we need to increase research and hopefully get the rating back. And he loves Mississippi State.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 08:12 PM
I have nothing to add. Don't know. I will say that Pres was known to be furious at dropped rating and I believe his ties to federal government can help us get the grants and federal money we need to increase research and hopefully get the rating back. And he loves Mississippi State.

Want to take a guess why we fell from 123 to 171 in US News and World Report's listing, all under Keenum's watch. And no, they didnt change how they did the ratings as a way to explain our devaluation. They looked at the fact that we have a major loss of talented professors replaced by new doctoral grads. We have a major problem that cant be explained away by disgruntled professors.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 08:28 PM
Want to take a guess why we fell from 123 to 171 in US News and World Report's listing, all under Keenum's watch. And no, they didnt change how they did the ratings as a way to explain our devaluation. They looked at the fact that we have a major loss of talented professors replaced by new doctoral grads. We have a major problem that cant be explained away by disgruntled professors.

I'm a graduate of the aerospace department, this man has a point--I've personally witnessed horrible mismanagement of our faculty and programs under Keenum.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 08:31 PM

MaroonBelle just confirmed that we fell from a Carnigie1 to a 2 and you can look up the fact that we have fallen 50 places in US News College rankings. All under President Keenum. So what are my half truths? You should be very concerned that your degree is being devalued. Why dont you ask yourself about these things. Dont shoot the messenger.

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm a graduate of the aerospace department, this man has a point--I've personally witnessed horrible mismanagement of our faculty and programs under Keenum.

Please expand on horrible mismanagement. Am genuinely interested. Does it stem from top down. A lack of control on his part? Bad dean or department head hires?Lack of funding? losing professors due to pay deficiencies or other reasons. They just fire good professors and replace them?

civildawg
05-30-2018, 08:41 PM
I graduated in civil engineering in 2011 and I saw a great teacher basically fired because they focused on teaching instead of research papers. It?s all about money these days. The foreign teachers that have a PHD and do great research are the worst teachers but no one cares because they get the research money

Commercecomet24
05-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Field turf and not painting or replacing the plywood in the Palmeiro, so he gets an A instead of A+. Ha

Exactly lol

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Most of this could probably be solved with money. But there is no money. Not from the state anyway. The dept I work for has had to make budget cuts every year I have been there. Deep cuts into areas that effect every college. The pie gets smaller while expenses grow.

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 08:46 PM
I graduated in civil engineering in 2011 and I saw a great teacher basically fired because they focused on teaching instead of research papers. It?s all about money these days. The foreign teachers that have a PHD and do great research are the worst teachers but no one cares because they get the research money

And research is what feeds the carnegie designation. I really wish y'all would read the article linked in my comment above. They all feed each other to the detriment of actual education.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 08:47 PM
[removing this so I can keep the thread on topic]

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 08:53 PM
There seems to be a definite push pull between the need for good teaching and the need for research to keep standing among other universities.

bobcat91
05-30-2018, 08:55 PM
I want to get back to the new coach, and I'll end it with this. I'm proud of my degrees at MSU, and MaroonBelle is spot on that the lack of state funding is a a majir issue, but it isnt the only one. I'd simply ask all of you to care as much about our academic side as our athletic side. Hail State and welcome Coach Schlossnagle!

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 08:58 PM
I want to get back to the new coach, and I'll end it with this. I'm proud of my degrees at MSU, and MaroonBelle is spot on that the lack of state funding is a a majir issue, but it isnt the only one. I'd simply ask all of you to care as much about our academic side as our athletic side. Hail State and welcome Coach Schlossnagle!

Agreed.

Hail state!

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Perhaps a bit more personal opinions:
On (2): I think the program isn't inherently bad, but we had an astonishing lack of resources to support these students. Professors were overworked and underpaid. Keenum seems complicit in this.
On (3): I'm actually in the minority who believe we need more top-tier researchers from fancy schools. Research = $$$, and many good old boy types in Mississippi forget this. These new faculty are very talented and have great pedigree. But we've gotta find a better way to get them acclimated to Mississippi.[/QUOTE]

Is the solution to finally get to a threshold where the research is bringing in enough money to pay for those PhDs to do just that and have a budget that supports the teaching professors? Is that a pipe dream?

MaroonBelle
05-30-2018, 09:02 PM

Sorry for kidnapping the thread and since I work directly in the academic side it certainly is a major concern for me and everyone I work with daily.

Mimi's Babies
05-30-2018, 09:12 PM

The only drop in enrollment is the College of Education. In 2007, the state issued 7000 state teaching license. In 2017, yes 10 years later, only 700.... This is state wide... BUT the enrollment in College of ED is still bad and dropping every year.....

Todd4State
05-30-2018, 09:15 PM
The only drop in enrollment is the College of Education. In 2007, the state issued 7000 state teaching license. In 2017, yes 10 years later, only 700.... This is state wide... BUT the enrollment in College of ED is still bad and dropping every year.....

That's pretty odd since 90% of the sorority girls I knew in college were elementary ed majors.

Mimi's Babies
05-30-2018, 09:17 PM

The only drop in enrollment is the College of Education. In 2007, the state issued 7000 state teaching license. In 2017, yes 10 years later, only 700.... This is state wide... BUT the enrollment in College of ED is still bad and dropping every year..... A leadership change here is a must...

gravedigger
05-31-2018, 07:18 AM

Were the requirements for the research status changed? Did they inform everyone of the change?

Hambone
05-31-2018, 07:23 AM
What in the world does any of this have to do with a coaching search?

mparkerfd20
05-31-2018, 07:41 AM
Take all this academic stuff to another thread. This is a SPORTS message board and a thread on our new baseball coach. I like academics as much but damn guys stay on topic.

smootness
05-31-2018, 07:52 AM
“Thus, administrators should not treat moves from R-1 to R-2 as demotions or devaluations. After all, quality of education and quality of research cannot be reduced to raw figures by totaling the number of faculty, the number of doctoral programs offered and doctoral degrees awarded, and the amount of money invested in research. These figures account principally for funding and size, not the amount of published material (in peer-reviewed journals or otherwise) and certainly not the excellence of scholarly research. Nor do they account for teacher quality or educational outcomes for students.”

From MaroonBelle’s article. So chill, bobcat.

Rick Danko
05-31-2018, 08:08 AM
My god talk about a thread hijack. Just read thru four pages hoping to get any more tidbits on Schloss and instead read a pissing contest about who knows more on academics at MSU.

louisvilledawg
05-31-2018, 01:08 PM
Just talked to a tcu grad and he said we?re for sure getting schloss but there?s rumors of infidelity with schloss and that his wife hasn?t gone to a game this season. Any truth to those rumblings? Or just a salty tcu fan?

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 01:41 PM
Just talked to a tcu grad and he said we?re for sure getting schloss but there?s rumors of infidelity with schloss and that his wife hasn?t gone to a game this season. Any truth to those rumblings? Or just a salty tcu fan?

It is a rumor started by one tcu idiot on twitter that has gotten spread by posts like this one.

jacksondawg
05-31-2018, 01:55 PM

That is the rumor I had heard this past weekend except from a state grad but didn’t want to put it out there if it wasn’t true

deadheaddawg
05-31-2018, 01:59 PM
So can we go ahead and give Schloss the nickname, FoamMarriage?

Bully13
05-31-2018, 02:06 PM
When is Cohen getting back to Vegas? This is starting to get a little unnerving.

Thrill1
05-31-2018, 02:24 PM
Relax. Meetings run til Friday. As many others have said, it will be announced Monday.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2018, 02:26 PM
So can we go ahead and give Schloss the nickname, FoamMarriage?

Well we probably can't call him foam penis.

mstatefan91
05-31-2018, 02:33 PM
Schloss that thang

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 03:45 PM
That is the rumor I had heard this past weekend except from a state grad but didn?t want to put it out there if it wasn?t true

As long as Leigh Ann Begley stays the hell away from him we'll be OK.

RutherfordBHayes
05-31-2018, 03:52 PM
If we had hired Ray Tanner or Paul Mainieri in 2002, we would have a national championship easily by now in baseball. It was obvious even back then those guys would have been homerun hires. Larry Templeton had to be one of the laziest aww shucks ADs we?ve ever had. He did a great job on the Jackie Sherrill hire. Even with the Stans hire he just promoted from within. Glad we were able to get Byrne which kind of turned the tide on shitty ADs. Didn?t like Stricklin that much but he did do a great job of fund raising and elevating our facilities (including the New Dude). Cohen I think will end up being another Byrne and be one of the better ADs we?ve ever had.
I am late to the conversation, but I MUST INTERJECT!

LT did not hire Sherrill. Dr. Zacharias did. LT was about to hire Bill Curry from Kentucky when Zacharias vetoed him and forced Sherrill down his throat which caused animosity between all 3. By the way, Curry's career record at the time was about .500 mostly at Georgia Tech. LT thought it would be awesome to hire an Alabama guy (sound familiar?).

So in the big 3 men's sports, LT hired:
-I am not sure if he hired Richard Williams or not, but Williams was promoted from assistant coach
-Stansbury was promoted from assistant coach
-Pat McMahon was promoted from assistant coach (Polk picked him)
-Polk was hired back from Georgia
-and Croom

Greg Byrne hired Mullen and Cohen.

Stricklin hired Rick Ray and Howland.

Cohen hired Cannizaro, Moorhead and...

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 05:10 PM
I am late to the conversation, but I MUST INTERJECT!

LT did not hire Sherrill. Dr. Zacharias did. LT was about to hire Bill Curry from Kentucky when Zacharias vetoed him and forced Sherrill down his throat which caused animosity between all 3. By the way, Curry's career record at the time was about .500 mostly at Georgia Tech. LT thought it would be awesome to hire an Alabama guy (sound familiar?).

So in the big 3 men's sports, LT hired:
-I am not sure if he hired Richard Williams or not, but Williams was promoted from assistant coach
-Stansbury was promoted from assistant coach
-Pat McMahon was promoted from assistant coach (Polk picked him)
-Polk was hired back from Georgia
-and Croom

Greg Byrne hired Mullen and Cohen.

Stricklin hired Rick Ray and Howland.

Cohen hired Cannizaro, Moorhead and...

I had always heard that it was Ray Perkins and not Curry. Perkins was also an Alabama guy but from Mississippi. He also had a guy named Sylvester Croom on his staff at one time if I'm not mistaken too.

At any rate, there is no question that Jackie was hired by Dr. Zacharias. And technically Sherrill was a Bama guy himself.

Mjoelner34
05-31-2018, 05:14 PM
I had always heard that it was Ray Perkins and not Curry. Perkins was also an Alabama guy but from Mississippi. He also had a guy named Sylvester Croom on his staff at one time if I'm not mistaken too.

At any rate, there is no question that Jackie was hired by Dr. Zacharias. And technically Sherrill was a Bama guy himself.

Hahahah And I have always heard that it was non other than MSU alum Bobby Collins but the NCAA told Dr. Zach he was still too hot and that Collins already had Hal Mumme lined up as OC. Three different posters, three different stories. Awesome!

Turfdawg67
05-31-2018, 05:33 PM

Geez... hope that's not true. I know some guys cheat. I know that some successful guys cheat... and remain successful. But I hope we're not getting a coach on the run from his demons.

yjnkdawg
05-31-2018, 06:27 PM
That is the rumor I had heard this past weekend except from a state grad but didn’t want to put it out there if it wasn’t true

But you went ahead and put it out there anyway (posted it on this board) didn't you?

Cooterpoot
05-31-2018, 06:35 PM
Y’all really think we’d hire anyone with women issues? Nope. Not after Canz.

Homedawg
05-31-2018, 06:35 PM
“Thus, administrators should not treat moves from R-1 to R-2 as demotions or devaluations. After all, quality of education and quality of research cannot be reduced to raw figures by totaling the number of faculty, the number of doctoral programs offered and doctoral degrees awarded, and the amount of money invested in research. These figures account principally for funding and size, not the amount of published material (in peer-reviewed journals or otherwise) and certainly not the excellence of scholarly research. Nor do they account for teacher quality or educational outcomes for students.”

From MaroonBelle’s article. So chill, bobcat.

I hate it when facts used by one get in the way of a good argument. You just bombed his source that he credited for Keenum sucking

Homedawg
05-31-2018, 06:37 PM

Cann didn’t get canned for having an affair. He got fired for not doing his job. So that part can be put to rest....

Homedawg
05-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Hahahah And I have always heard that it was non other than MSU alum Bobby Collins but the NCAA told Dr. Zach he was still too hot and that Collins already had Hal Mumme lined up as OC. Three different posters, three different stories. Awesome!

Hal Mumme wasn’t even a thought in the college coaching tree when Bobby Collins “wanted” our job that bs

yjnkdawg
05-31-2018, 06:44 PM

what rumblings? Rumors rumors rumors........................... Just what we need an "unverified" rumor concerning our incoming Coach***

I seen it dawg
05-31-2018, 06:52 PM
This threads sucks as much as LT

jacksondawg
05-31-2018, 07:04 PM
But you went ahead and put it out there anyway (posted it on this board) didn't you?

No I said that I heard a rumor that made me think that he wouldn't be hired I never said the specifics.

Turfdawg67
05-31-2018, 07:15 PM
Cann didn’t get canned for having an affair. He got fired for not doing his job. So that part can be put to rest....

Huh?? Super Regional in year one to 0-3 in year two gets you fired? LoL!!

Todd4State
05-31-2018, 07:44 PM

It does if:

1. The players and assistant coaches go to the AD about it. With tangible proof.

2. You're too distracted as a baseball coach to notice that there is no one warming up in the bullpen when you are trying to make a pitching change. And in this day and age of baseball that's a major safety hazard.

3. The coach in question isn't even running practice and is more worried about shooting hopes with Blair Shaeffer and rapping with Bob Carskadon.

Bully13
05-31-2018, 07:45 PM

I'm sure Cohen got word of the texting and his lack of focus on the team and more on his side piece. I got some PM info not too long ago. TIFWIW. Cann needed to go.

MarketingBully
05-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Can we lock this thread and remove it or at least delete the crappy rumor in this thread? Thanks!

dawggoneit
05-31-2018, 08:31 PM
Funny there were no rumors when the frog faithful thought there was no way he would leave for little ole MSU.

bobcat91
05-31-2018, 08:38 PM
Having a totally unfounded rumor is a joke. TCU folks never said a thing when he was going 4/4 to the CWS over the past few years, but now we get this. That crap needs to be removed. If you have no proof then dont make a garbage post.

preachermatt83
what rumblings? Rumors rumors rumors........................... Just what we need an "unverified" rumor concerning our incoming Coach***

Exactly. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. We are trying to hire the best baseball coach in America and our own moronic fans are spreading the baseless rumor. I think every post mentioning anything remotely close to that rumor should be removed immediately. Do some of you even realize how many ppl read this board. They are willing to throw away this great opportunity just so that they can seem like they are in the know. It's infuriating

preachermatt83
Having a totally unfounded rumor is a joke. TCU folks never said a thing when he was going 4/4 to the CWS over the past few years, but now we get this. That crap needs to be removed. If you have no proof then dont make a garbage post.

Amen!!! Please remove those stupid posts and I'd even remove the posters but that's just me

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 08:39 PM
Can we lock this thread and remove it or at least delete the crappy rumor in this thread? Thanks!

Yes!! Please!!

louisvilledawg
05-31-2018, 10:21 PM
Amen!!! Please remove those stupid posts and I'd even remove the posters but that's just me

If we removed posters for having dumb posts, your dumbass would?ve been gone years ago.

I was just passing along info I?ve received.

You?re thinking way too highly of yourself and this board if you think message board posts sway decisions one way or the other. Quit being such a mental midget.

preachermatt83
05-31-2018, 10:37 PM
If we removed posters for having dumb posts, your dumbass would?ve been gone years ago.

You?re thinking way too highly of yourself and this board if you think message board posts sway decisions one way or the other. Quit being such a mental midget.

Now ppl are quoting your ignorant post on twitter. You know... that huge social media platform!! So yea, I'd say it matters.

MarketingBully
06-01-2018, 12:24 AM

People do look at this board (media members included). Dumb posts are one thing but unfounded rumors on a coach that could be a game changer in getting us a national championship is in a league if its own. TCU posters wouldn’t even publish the rumor they were talking about on their sites (just doing that annoying pm crap). We sure as shit shouldn’t of posted some dumb as shit like this. Just my two cents but I don’t like this crap on our board.

Pit Bull
06-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Corbin is the highest paid. When you play in a NC series and then win one, you pretty much max out all bonus's and incentives. One day hopefully Schloss will match Cobin's resume and become the highest paid the right way.....by earning it.

msbulldog
06-01-2018, 06:27 AM
Funny there were no rumors when the frog faithful thought there was no way he would leave for little ole MSU.

Ain't it though!

msbulldog
06-01-2018, 06:30 AM
I vote for removing the dumb post about the dumb rumor. Scooba!!!!!!

Bully13
06-01-2018, 08:12 AM
MODS: Please delete the Bullshit!!!

State82
06-01-2018, 08:26 AM
MODS: Please delete the Bullshit!!!

Yep. I swear some people can't get out of their own freaking way.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2018, 09:33 AM
We have some idiotic fans. Great times for MSU baseball IF this hire actually happens andnour fans take the opportunity to bitch fight over our President.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 10:19 AM
We have posters that shouldn't be allowed to leave the house unsupervised.