PDA

View Full Version : CBS Releases Initial TV Schedule

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Some thoughts on this:

- Why isn't LSU vs Alabama on this? Seems to me that CBS is waiting to see how terrible LSU will be.
- Seems to me our Sep 29th game vs Florida, Oct 6th game vs Auburn, & Nov 10th game @ Bama all have a strong chance of being CBS games.
- The LSU game may be on CBS, but that likely depends on LSU. That one could be at 11:00 AM if they stink.

https://i.imgur.com/qXpZKTw.png

Token Bammer
05-30-2018, 12:26 PM
With BAMA @ LSU falling on 11/3, and it being a CBS doubleheader weekend, I can't see it not being on CBS. That's even if LSU stinks (they just might) because there isn't a plethora of conference games I could see knocking it off on that particular weekend. I would like to think BAMA would be #1 and undefeated rolling into Baton Rouge and that will still draw an audience imo. The BAMA schedule doesn't get interesting until that stretch of LSU, MSU, and AU late in the season, which we are fortunate to get both MSU and AU at home.

MSU is going to have an amazing opportunity to be front and center for much of the SEC season. It's going to be fun to watch imo. I expect the MSU @ BAMA game to be the feature game with the only other game with a chance is AU and UGA, but with it being another doubleheader weekend for CBS everyone wins.

05-30-2018, 12:28 PM
All I know is that Week 1 is shaping up to be epic, as it usually is, the greatest weekend of the year

Oregon State vs Ohio State
Auburn vs Washington
Ole Miss vs Texas Tech
Tennessee vs West Virginia
North Carolina vs Cal
Texas vs Maryland
Louisville vs Alabama
Michigan vs Notre Dame
Miami vs LSU on Sunday
Virginia Tech vs Flarrda State on Monday

Only bad part is that Ole Miss will likely beat Texas Tech because it'll be a shoot out and Kingsbury is on the hot seat, who really cares though, they are about to fall off the map for a couple of years after this one

05-30-2018, 12:32 PM
That's even if LSU stinks (they just might)
They will definitely stink, and I'm not sure why pundits keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, O always starts off the best and just gets worse. At least at Ole Miss, he was able to keep a little spotlight with his 2006 class and then later getting Snead. He's got no quarterback and lost a TON to the NFL (younger guys too) off an already average team, plus the natives are restless, and let's go ahead and say this new transfer isn't a Brent Shayfuh

MSU is going to have an amazing opportunity to be front and center for much of the SEC season. It's going to be fun to watch imo. I expect the MSU @ BAMA game to be the feature game with the only other game with a chance is AU and UGA, but with it being another doubleheader weekend for CBS everyone wins.
This is correct, schedule sets up very well, with a lot of other teams in transition

We keep getting chances to beat Alabama in a feature game in front of the whole country, almost has an FSU/CWS feel to it, never get it done

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 12:41 PM
CBS Doubleheader is usually the 11AM and 3:30PM slot right? So if we get that slot for Nov 10 we would maybe face Bama in Bryant Denny at 11? Worst case 3:30?

Token Bammer
05-30-2018, 12:47 PM
CBS Doubleheader is usually the 11AM and 3:30PM slot right? So if we get that slot for Nov 10 we would maybe face Bama in Bryant Denny at 11? Worst case 3:30?

Doubleheaders are usually the afternoon and the evening game I believe. They take ESPN's first choice of leftover games after the initial 2:30 game selection.

Covercorner2
05-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Doubleheaders are usually the afternoon and the evening game I believe. They take ESPN's first choice of leftover games after the initial 2:30 game selection.

It can go either way. Morning and afternoon or afternoon and night. For example, last year we played Arkansas on CBS at 11 and UK and UGA played on CBS at 2:30.

Token Bammer
05-30-2018, 01:18 PM
It can go either way. Morning and afternoon or afternoon and night. For example, last year we played Arkansas on CBS at 11 and UK and UGA played on CBS at 2:30.

Didn't realize that. Thanks.

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 02:26 PM

Okay didn't know they can go both ways. I for some reason only recall morning-midday game combos. But that would be a horrible choice for MSU/Bama + DSOR.

TUSK
05-30-2018, 09:35 PM

You mean to tell me there's football on TV at 11? Like, in the a.m.?

bostondawg
05-30-2018, 09:41 PM

Someone tell the Bama fans that the rest of us peasants sometimes have to play at 11AM.

(*)

TUSK
05-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Someone tell the Bama fans that the rest of us peasants sometimes have to play at 11AM.

(*)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bostondawg again.

Todd4State
05-30-2018, 09:53 PM

11 AM games should be illegal in the SEC.

MStateDawg
05-31-2018, 07:51 AM
All I know is that Week 1 is shaping up to be epic, as it usually is, the greatest weekend of the year

Oregon State vs Ohio State

There isn't anything epic about Oregon State football. The are Kansas bad. The last line I saw for this game had Ohio State as a 32.5 point favorite.

TUSK
05-31-2018, 08:36 PM
11 AM games & the forward pass should be illegal in all of football.

FIFY