PDA

View Full Version : Schlossball

Dawg61
05-29-2018, 02:22 PM
What can we expect here? Great starting pitching? Great relief pitching? Both? Smash ball homeruns? Dinkball and bunts? Great defense? What are his signatures? Is he a think outside the box Joe Maddon style or a traditional old school style? Is he a great recruiter or great developer? Who are his MLB players? Ton of questions so thanks in advance.

KB21
05-29-2018, 02:35 PM
His background is as a pitching coach, and he's had some guys go on to play in the majors: Jake Arrieta, Andrew Cashner, Brandon Finnegan, Matt Purke...etc

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2018, 02:35 PM
- Schloss is a CEO that runs an extremely classy program that is organized at the highest of level & has little drama. Think Coach K at Duke.
- Schloss LOVES intelligent players. Very few dummies have played for him at TCU.
- His teams are known for being regimented. I don't want to say over coached, but he's a control freak.
- Pitching is his team's hallmark. His teams always have pitchabilty guys as the starters & power arms out of the bullpen.
- Schloss is an excellent hirer of assistant coaches.
- Schloss' teams always have a power hitter in the middle of the order.
- Schloss is one of the best coaches in the country at getting draft guys to school. He has a very detailed, extensive presentation for every recruit that outlines why they should absolutely attend college instead of signing in the pro draft. TCU very rarely lost a recruit that went outside of the first round.

Schloss is one of the most organized, disciplined head coaches in the game. Very CEO like that runs a completely sound & sustainable program. Not quite as firey a Bianco or as intense as Corbin, but maybe most presidential & organized or all of them.

It's an absolutely outstanding hire that should stabalize our program for the next 10 years.

preachermatt83
05-29-2018, 02:36 PM
I think tcu has been like dead last in attempted bunts for like 10 years running. If there was one word to describe schloss' teams I think it would be "balanced".

05-29-2018, 02:39 PM
About as close to a Nick Saban type impact as we can get

Bulldog1
05-29-2018, 02:40 PM
1)Yep Shotgun- he runs a classy program. I saw a picture on Twitter the other day of their dugout and it was spotless, all trash was in the garbage, and it was clean. It's a small thing, but still.

2) He has background as a pitching coach; that's his strength.

3) His team's rarely ever bunt.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2018, 02:42 PM
When talking with Schloss, he speaks with a deeper voice than you would ever think by looking at him & he possesses a very common sense, ultra-mature approach to baseball. The maturity level & professionalism at which he recruits, coaches, & runs his program is virtually unmatched in college baseball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGsF1n9zPw

Dawg61
05-29-2018, 02:42 PM
I think tcu has been like dead last in attempted bunts for like 10 years running. If there was one word to describe schloss' teams I think it would be "balanced".

I love this. I can't stand small ball.

ScoobaDawg
05-29-2018, 02:43 PM
Hopefully he requires his Outfielders to wear shades though...

Dawg61
05-29-2018, 02:54 PM
Hopefully he requires his Outfielders to wear shades though...

Lol Mangum and Stovall wear them on their hats during 1am games at Minute Maid park in Houston.

Covercorner2
05-29-2018, 03:50 PM
- Schloss is a CEO that runs an extremely classy program that is organized at the highest of level & has little drama. Think Coach K at Duke.
- Schloss LOVES intelligent players. Very few dummies have played for him at TCU.
- His teams are known for being regimented. I don't want to say over coached, but he's a control freak.
- Pitching is his team's hallmark. His teams always have pitchabilty guys as the starters & power arms out of the bullpen.
- Schloss is an excellent hirer of assistant coaches.
- Schloss' teams always have a power hitter in the middle of the order.
- Schloss is one of the best coaches in the country at getting draft guys to school. He has a very detailed, extensive presentation for every recruit that outlines why they should absolutely attend college instead of signing in the pro draft. TCU very rarely lost a recruit that went outside of the first round.

Schloss is one of the most organized, disciplined head coaches in the game. Very CEO like that runs a completely sound & sustainable program. Not quite as firey a Bianco or as intense as Corbin, but maybe most presidential & organized or all of them.

It's an absolutely outstanding hire that should stabalize our program for the next 10 years.

So... this part:

Will it help with Jerrion Ealy?

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2018, 04:08 PM
So... this part:

Will it help with Jerrion Ealy?

Sure, if Ealy commits to us.

HoopsDawg
05-29-2018, 07:46 PM
3) His team's rarely ever bunt.

YES!!! Shows that schloss is intelligent.

I read that his players sprint back to their position after making an out. Just another little thing that adds up to great things.

Bothrops
05-29-2018, 08:28 PM
The timing couldn't be better, given that our stadium is about 80 percent finished. Good grief we're going to have a lot to offer recruits!

Dawgowar
05-29-2018, 08:36 PM
What can we expect here?

Shenanigans, respectable haircuts, and 'Hard Liquor and Handgun Night' Give-aways