PDA

View Full Version : According to Ray Tanner (NCAA Tournament)

MetEdDawg
05-29-2018, 06:23 AM
The fact we had a coaching change was taken into account when making decisions about us for the NCAA Tournament. Very interesting he would say that publicly.

Todd4State
05-29-2018, 07:38 AM
I thought we might get some leniency because of our situation. I figured we were in either way but the only question was whether we were a two or three seed.

Jack Lambert
05-29-2018, 07:51 AM
They always take in all the situations for every team.

05-29-2018, 08:55 AM
That's ridiculous IMO. Best resume gets the spot IMO

I also thought it was ridiculous when he said Kentucky was penalized for a 13-17 conference record, when he knows damn well how good the SEC is

Martianlander
05-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Maybe Tanner is our next coach.

sleepy dawg
05-29-2018, 10:46 AM

I also thought it was ridiculous when he said Kentucky was penalized for a 13-17 conference record, when he knows damn well how good the SEC is

I agree, but I also appreciate the transparency so teams can know what they have to do. I think they should make their conversations public even if its after the fact and they've had a chance to redact some things. I think teams have a right to know what they have to do to make it.
To me by leaving Kentucky out they're basically saying OOC schedule/record means very little.

msbulldog
05-29-2018, 12:32 PM
I agree, but I also appreciate the transparency so teams can know what they have to do. I think they should make their conversations public even if its after the fact and they've had a chance to redact some things. I think teams have a right to know what they have to do to make it.
To me by leaving Kentucky out they're basically saying OOC schedule/record means very little.

That's what Kendall Rogers was saying this morning on Out of Bounds, that the committee is putting more emphasis on in conference play now.
https://player.fm/series/the-out-of-bounds-show/may-29-2018-kendall-rogers-on-msu-hc-search

The Federalist Engineer
05-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Maybe Tanner is our next coach.

If he was, he's a very fine coach indeed. Great Coach, National Champ, gentleman, and very smart.

BB30
05-29-2018, 02:00 PM
That's what Kendall Rogers was saying this morning on Out of Bounds, that the committee is putting more emphasis on in conference play now.
https://player.fm/series/the-out-of-bounds-show/may-29-2018-kendall-rogers-on-msu-hc-search

Personally think that is flawed logic. It's a lot easier to win in some conferences than it is others especially the SEC. I am sure they weight the conference somewhat but the fact that a few teams got in over Ky is just dumb.

Todd4State
05-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Personally think that is flawed logic. It's a lot easier to win in some conferences than it is others especially the SEC. I am sure they weight the conference somewhat but the fact that a few teams got in over Ky is just dumb.

I wonder if the committee is taking less account of OOC so that more teams will play Northern baseball teams?

Pit Bull
05-30-2018, 01:28 AM

I thought you had to be 15-15 or better during the regular season to qualify.

msbulldog
05-30-2018, 06:22 AM
I thought you had to be 15-15 or better during the regular season to qualify.

You have to be over .500 in overall record not conference record.

Bully13
05-30-2018, 07:13 AM
What's KY's RPI?

State82
05-30-2018, 08:20 AM
What's KY's RPI?

30. Ours ended up at 28. That's according to Warren Nolan

Jack Lambert
05-30-2018, 08:44 AM
What's KY's RPI?

They got screwed. It's probably because some team got in with a automatic bid from winning conference championship.