PDA

View Full Version : Next question-our pitching coach

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 07:18 PM
I think that Saarloos is the next HC at TCU or if not at Rice. I thank Henderson for his job here, but want to move on to someone else. Anyone in Schlossnagle's past a guy we should look for, or is this going to be a surprise.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Schlossnagle recently followed Robert Woodard from UNC. If we got him, that’s elite.

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Maybe a hard pull. He was UNCs all time win keader and came home to his alma mater. But yes, they are a top pitching program.

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 08:43 PM
FWIW I think Rice probably hires Lance Berkman.

preachermatt83
05-28-2018, 08:48 PM
I think that Saarloos is the next HC at TCU or if not at Rice. I thank Henderson for his job here, but want to move on to someone else. Anyone in Schlossnagle's past a guy we should look for, or is this going to be a surprise.

Agree 100 percent on henderson.

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 08:57 PM
https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/status/1001278991716765702

-fixed for you- Scooba

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2018, 09:03 PM
FWIW I think Rice probably hires Lance Berkman.

That’s always been the rumor along with Pettitte being the pitching coach but Rice has a massive recruiting problem that Berkman does nothing to address.

Rice would be way better off hiring Saarloos.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 09:17 PM
That’s always been the rumor along with Pettitte being the pitching coach but Rice has a massive recruiting problem that Berkman does nothing to address.

I think Saarloos takes over for Schlossnagle at TCU. That would make the most sense.

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 10:11 PM

I agree but I'm not sure how baseball savvy the baseball administration at Rice is.

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 10:12 PM
I think Saarloos takes over for Schlossnagle at TCU. That would make the most sense.

I could see Mosiello taking over at TCU as well and Saarloos going to the west coast. Too soon to know.

I'd love to have both on staff plus Gautreau but that's a pipe dream.

Pit Bull
05-29-2018, 01:03 AM
Henderson is as good a pitching coach as anyone in the nation. And that includes Wes Johnson and when a young guy named Butch Thompson was the pitching coach at MSU. It's none of our calls anyway.......the new HC will bring in who he wants. He might decide to retain Hendy.....he may not. No big deal.

Todd4State
05-29-2018, 01:09 AM
Henderson is as good a pitching coach as anyone in the nation. And that includes Wes Johnson and when a young guy named Butch Thompson was the pitching coach at MSU. It's none of our calls anyway.......the new HC will bring in who he wants. He might decide to retain Hendy.....he may not. No big deal.

Henderson is getting kind of old. There are new styles and techniques that could benefit us and allow us to get to the top more easily.

AlSwearengen
05-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Henderson is getting kind of old. There are new styles and techniques that could benefit us and allow us to get to the top more easily.

I like this line of approach. We need coaches that are technology savvy and can relate to kids. If possible, we need to make such good hires that we are the talk of the town.

Bulldog1
05-29-2018, 12:19 PM
I could see Mosiello taking over at TCU as well and Saarloos going to the west coast. Too soon to know.

I'd love to have both on staff plus Gautreau but that's a pipe dream.

A guy on TCU board says he's heating Schloss to State and Mosiello promoted to Head Coach at TCU.

basedog
05-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Yep on recruits being "hinted" to our new coach to be, know this for a fact. I have interest, LOL!