PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been bow hunting yet?

BeastMan
10-09-2013, 08:57 AM

SnakePlissken
10-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Season opens here in AL Oct 15 I believe but I don't bow hunt. I may need to try a crossbow since I can't draw back a bow any longer. :)

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I went opening morning (saw 4 spikes) and opening afternoon and some this past weekend. I had a great, but terrible opening afternoon. Usually I have a problem with the deer not getting into bow range, but this time I had a problem of too many deer being way too close to me haha. 5 doe's show up first, followed directly by a nice 6 pt (no velvet) and a shooter 8pt in full velvet. Long story short, after waiting 50 minutes to get a shot at the 8 pt and he moves just a step as I shoot and I hit him a little far back. I was a little worried about the shot, but I figured no worries with a 2-blade rage and poison. I got down to find about 35-40 yards worth of blood and then no sight of the buck. Made me sick!!!

WeWillScrewItUp
10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I have been several times. My only problem is my good places are over an hour from where I live therefore I can't go there after work. I'm hunting a piece of my uncles land but it's not good. May see a doe or little one occasionally. It sure is nice and relaxing on my tree though.