Thick
05-28-2018, 11:47 AM
You serious Bob?

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Yes. Gene has confirmed he is there

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Cohen don’t play man. Looks like Schloss was his first choice.

Bully13
05-28-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm just wondering why Cohen didn't come by and see me first to get my advice on things.***

FriarsPoint
05-28-2018, 12:10 PM

All due respect, that?s not exactly verification.

Homedawg
05-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Soon there will be good news.

No he isn’t. That’s not correct. The in Fort Worth part.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 12:16 PM

Gene’s second thread imo was bullshit. That was straight company line bs.

msstate7
05-28-2018, 12:17 PM

I notice you didn't shoot down the news soon part haha

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Again good news is coming soon

Bulldog1
05-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Supposedly- if Schloss accepts, could be announced by Thursday.

mparkerfd20
05-28-2018, 12:21 PM
This article gives big smoke https://twitter.com/calexmendez/status/1001117606152163328?s=21

As the Frogs-Bears title game was being played out on the field at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, the college baseball social media flames were being fanned by talk of coach Jim Schlossnagle possibly leaving TCU for Mississippi State.
Schlossnagle confirmed the possibility after Sunday?s game.
?They?ve definitely shown interest in me,? he said. ?I don?t know where it stands right now. I?m sure there will be a conversation at some point this week.?
To put this into proper perspective, Schlossnagle, 47, is the winningest coach in TCU baseball history and has taken his team to the College World Series five times.
It?s not that there is anything wrong at TCU, Schlossnagle was quick to point out.
?I?ve been here 15 years,? he explained. ?I?ve shown my loyalty to TCU for 15 years. I?ve had a lot of opportunities, including another one in the state of Texas.
?Like Coach Patterson always says, ?Never say never on anything.? I love Fort Worth. I love TCU. But if they call me, we?ll see what they have to say.?
Sources in the Southeastern Conference say that that phone call could come as early as today. Mississippi State, under interim coach Gary Henderson, will likely receive an NCAA tournament bid. TCU almost certainly will not.
Mississippi State athletic director John Cohen is expected to wait until all teams involved have concluded their seasons before making any announcement. The Bulldogs have been without a permanent head coach since Andy Cannizaro was forced to resign three games into the season.
Cohen had previously told the Jackson Clarion-Ledger, ?(The next coach) is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Neb. This person is going to have expertise in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.?
Other names were mentioned by the newspaper, including Vanderbilt?s Tim Corbin and Dan McDonnell of Louisville, but Schlossnagle is said to be Cohen?s leading choice.
And he?s about to make Mississippi State fans very, very happy.
That isn?t official. Consider it, though, an educated hunch from someone who has known and written about Jim Schlossnagle since he arrived in Fort Worth from Nevada-Las Vegas 15 years ago.
It isn?t about the money. It?s the job.
Schlossnagle chose not to even interview at Texas when the Longhorns approached him about succeeding Augie Garrido. His feelings for TCU clearly run deep.
?I have shown my loyalty to TCU,? he said. ?I?ll continue to show my loyalty to TCU until something else happens. Chancellor Boschini has been amazing, every athletic director I?ve had has been phenomenal, and there?s no reason to think anything is going to change.
?But I?m going to miss them if they call me.?
Over the years Schlossnagle has never been shy about giving his take on other college coaching jobs. He probably would have taken the Texas job, if it wouldn?t have meant being the first coach to follow Garrido. He would have taken the LSU job, a premier one, if athletic director Joe Alleva hadn?t stupidly given Paul Mainieri a contract extension through the 2024 season.
But Schlossnagle, despite five trips to Omaha, is also keenly aware of the limitations of coaching at a high-tuition private school like TCU.
How do you tell a highly regarded high school recruit to turn down a professional contract, and then ask his family to make up $20,000 or more in tuition to play baseball at TCU?
For the same reason, Schlossnagle would never consider coaching at, say, Vanderbilt. But a state-school with a rich baseball history, yearning for an Omaha winner so badly that it?s just committed $55 million to renovate its stadium? The fit is definitely there.
Yes, it?s Starkville, Miss. ? cowbell-ringing Stark Vegas. I hear they even have a Walmart these days.
But it?s not as if Schlossnagle and wife Kami need a steak dinner at a Del Frisco?s every week. He?s a baseball guy.
When it?s completely finished for next season, the new Dudy Noble Stadium is going to be spectacular ? 400 more club seats that will sell for $1,100 a year, 116 loge seats at $1,500 per year and 20 suites that will bring in $30-45,000 each year.
Stark Vegas, indeed.
Without question, TCU and its supporters have been good to Schlossnagle?s program. In a way, baseball did take a back seat to expansions for the football stadium and basketball arena.
But this is not about what TCU hasn?t done. If Schlossnagle leaves, it will be because Mississippi State is an intriguing new challenge in the best baseball league in the country ? a school where the athletic director used to be the head baseball coach. Baseball is deathly important in Starkville, Miss.
Sure, this season beat Schlossnagle down with its injuries and its one step forward, two steps back frustrations. But this isn?t a knee-jerk decision he is about to make.
The way the game, all but over, was frittered away Sunday was every bit the stomach punch that Landestoy described.
Right fielder Balta, who hit two home runs and threw out a potential tying run at home in the 11th inning, mirrored his team?s dejection.
When asked, however, about the fly ball he misplayed in the sun, Balta answered, ?I don?t think that?s ever going to leave my mind. I?ll probably think about that every day for the rest of my life.?
Gut wrenching.
And yet, worse news seems to still be ahead.
here you go.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 12:25 PM
I’m not listening to Gene anymore. It’s obvious he is now being a mouthpiece for the university regarding the coaching search. He went from saying Cohen is in Fort Worth and Schloss was his first choice with McDonnell and Corbin in the mix to Cohen is in Destin and six coaches are still in the mix. It’s obvious he changed his tune to tow the company line.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Same ole Jeans.

Big4Dawg
05-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Someone track the plane

Bully13
05-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks MParker. good read. Our new stadium. Not only "build it and they will come" but "build it and HE will come"...

Mjoelner34
05-28-2018, 12:30 PM

Gene also confirmed that Kevin Fant left the airport at 5pm in a university jet to meet the team in Oregon years ago and that he was going to play. When I called him out on the board because I worked out at the airport at the time and knew that a university jet had not left, he changed it and said they left from GTR. LOL Riiigggghhht.

Bully13
05-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Same ole Jeans.

prolly wearing the skinny variety today. Pathetic.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 12:31 PM
Same ole Jeans.

How the hell do you go from what he initially went from which actually matches all of the other rumors to trying to feed your flock a hell of a lot of bullshit that doesn’t match anything?

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 12:37 PM
The men in black got to Gene

Pit Bull
05-28-2018, 12:39 PM
I’m not listening to Gene anymore. It’s obvious he is now being a mouthpiece for the university regarding the coaching search. He went from saying Cohen is in Fort Worth and Schloss was his first choice with McDonnell and Corbin in the mix to Cohen is in Destin and six coaches are still in the mix. It’s obvious he changed his tune to tow the company line.

Are you a company man?

Cooterpoot
05-28-2018, 12:44 PM
Cohen flying to Destin in a tropical storm...LOL
We all know it’s Schlossnagle barring some last minute change. Jeans pulled a Kenny Powers and let go too soon.

Mjoelner34
05-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Cohen flying to Destin in a tropical storm...LOL
We all know it’s Schlossnagle barring some last minute change. Jeans pulled a Kenny Powers and let go too soon.

He should have at least changed it to Ft. Walton and claimed he had Schloss on the brain and mis-typed Ft. Worth.

Steakonastick
05-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Gene is grasping at straws since he has no clue what?s going on. Sloss is on the clock as of this morning.

Commercecomet24
05-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Gene is grasping at straws since he has no clue what?s going on. Sloss is on the clock as of this morning.

Yep.

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 01:55 PM

I figured as much when he mentioned Rob Childress as a candidate.

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2018, 01:55 PM

This.

Cohen & the athletic department are making a leverage play to keep Schloss' salary reasonable by insinuating they are still considering numerous other coaches.

Even if you've offered Schloss the job, you have to make him believe you are still considering others or you run the risk of Schloss gaining leverage in the salary negotiation.

Goldendawg
05-28-2018, 02:30 PM
"Third time is a charm". Cohen is really in Birmingham, Polk packing his typewriter as we speak. Per Gene.*****

bobcat91
05-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Gene got told to stand down and he fell on his sword. Nothing more, nothing less.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Gene got told to stand down and he fell on his sword. Nothing more, nothing less.

He’s good about that but the sources could have been more believable. They told him flat out lies that aren’t even close to believable. Still choosing between six candidates? Traveling down to a tropical storm area? Come on.

CadaverDawg
05-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Man, those killerfrog message board fans are shitting on Starkville. At first I felt a little bad for them losing the man that built their program...but now I can't wait to laugh at them when it's announced.

Bulldog1
05-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Man, those killerfrog message board fans are shitting on Starkville. At first I felt a little bad for them losing the man that built their program...but now I can't wait to laugh at them when it's announced.

This. They're about to get me going lol.

Mjoelner34
05-28-2018, 03:34 PM

If the map of your town looks like a certain body part, you behave like that body part.

mstatefan91
05-28-2018, 03:59 PM
What a bunch of arrogant shit heads

*We'd be doing the same thing* lol

confucius say
05-28-2018, 04:23 PM

Is there a timer on that clock?

messageboardsuperhero
05-28-2018, 05:03 PM

To clarify- do you mean on the clock “unofficially” working for us? Or he has an offer on the table and is on the clock mulling over his decision?

MaroonFlounder
05-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Nelle Cohen just tweeted that she and hubby are in a car at the Florida/Alabama line.

RocketDawg
05-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Nelle Cohen just tweeted that she and hubby are in a car at the Florida/Alabama line.

Can somebody track down which cell tower was used when she tweeted? **

Mimi's Babies
05-28-2018, 05:28 PM
Someone track the plane

You cannot track a state owned plane.... thank you legislators....

Martianlander
05-28-2018, 05:29 PM
With all this definite info on Schloss, it must be McDonnell.

Homedawg
05-28-2018, 05:40 PM

Well if he’s flying there is a 1/4 chance he’s on a plane owned by the foundation. So there’s that.

weblow
05-28-2018, 06:05 PM

He won?t be on a state owned plane. He will be on an alum?s plane just like the last several coaching searches dating back to when we hired Mullen.

The Federalist Engineer
05-28-2018, 06:40 PM

Man, been a dog fan all my life.

"Gene says" or "Gene has confirmed" is an equivalent stamp of fake news as "this is CNN"

Turfdawg67
05-28-2018, 06:53 PM
This article gives big smoke https://twitter.com/calexmendez/status/1001117606152163328?s=21

As the Frogs-Bears title game was being played out on the field at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, the college baseball social media flames were being fanned by talk of coach Jim Schlossnagle possibly leaving TCU for Mississippi State.
Schlossnagle confirmed the possibility after Sunday?s game.
?They?ve definitely shown interest in me,? he said. ?I don?t know where it stands right now. I?m sure there will be a conversation at some point this week.?
To put this into proper perspective, Schlossnagle, 47, is the winningest coach in TCU baseball history and has taken his team to the College World Series five times.
It?s not that there is anything wrong at TCU, Schlossnagle was quick to point out.
?I?ve been here 15 years,? he explained. ?I?ve shown my loyalty to TCU for 15 years. I?ve had a lot of opportunities, including another one in the state of Texas.
?Like Coach Patterson always says, ?Never say never on anything.? I love Fort Worth. I love TCU. But if they call me, we?ll see what they have to say.?
Sources in the Southeastern Conference say that that phone call could come as early as today. Mississippi State, under interim coach Gary Henderson, will likely receive an NCAA tournament bid. TCU almost certainly will not.
Mississippi State athletic director John Cohen is expected to wait until all teams involved have concluded their seasons before making any announcement. The Bulldogs have been without a permanent head coach since Andy Cannizaro was forced to resign three games into the season.
Cohen had previously told the Jackson Clarion-Ledger, ?(The next coach) is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Neb. This person is going to have expertise in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.?
Other names were mentioned by the newspaper, including Vanderbilt?s Tim Corbin and Dan McDonnell of Louisville, but Schlossnagle is said to be Cohen?s leading choice.
And he?s about to make Mississippi State fans very, very happy.
That isn?t official. Consider it, though, an educated hunch from someone who has known and written about Jim Schlossnagle since he arrived in Fort Worth from Nevada-Las Vegas 15 years ago.
It isn?t about the money. It?s the job.
Schlossnagle chose not to even interview at Texas when the Longhorns approached him about succeeding Augie Garrido. His feelings for TCU clearly run deep.
?I have shown my loyalty to TCU,? he said. ?I?ll continue to show my loyalty to TCU until something else happens. Chancellor Boschini has been amazing, every athletic director I?ve had has been phenomenal, and there?s no reason to think anything is going to change.
?But I?m going to miss them if they call me.?
Over the years Schlossnagle has never been shy about giving his take on other college coaching jobs. He probably would have taken the Texas job, if it wouldn?t have meant being the first coach to follow Garrido. He would have taken the LSU job, a premier one, if athletic director Joe Alleva hadn?t stupidly given Paul Mainieri a contract extension through the 2024 season.
But Schlossnagle, despite five trips to Omaha, is also keenly aware of the limitations of coaching at a high-tuition private school like TCU.
How do you tell a highly regarded high school recruit to turn down a professional contract, and then ask his family to make up $20,000 or more in tuition to play baseball at TCU?
For the same reason, Schlossnagle would never consider coaching at, say, Vanderbilt. But a state-school with a rich baseball history, yearning for an Omaha winner so badly that it?s just committed $55 million to renovate its stadium? The fit is definitely there.
Yes, it?s Starkville, Miss. ? cowbell-ringing Stark Vegas. I hear they even have a Walmart these days.
But it?s not as if Schlossnagle and wife Kami need a steak dinner at a Del Frisco?s every week. He?s a baseball guy.
When it?s completely finished for next season, the new Dudy Noble Stadium is going to be spectacular ? 400 more club seats that will sell for $1,100 a year, 116 loge seats at $1,500 per year and 20 suites that will bring in $30-45,000 each year.
Stark Vegas, indeed.
Without question, TCU and its supporters have been good to Schlossnagle?s program. In a way, baseball did take a back seat to expansions for the football stadium and basketball arena.
But this is not about what TCU hasn?t done. If Schlossnagle leaves, it will be because Mississippi State is an intriguing new challenge in the best baseball league in the country ? a school where the athletic director used to be the head baseball coach. Baseball is deathly important in Starkville, Miss.
Sure, this season beat Schlossnagle down with its injuries and its one step forward, two steps back frustrations. But this isn?t a knee-jerk decision he is about to make.
The way the game, all but over, was frittered away Sunday was every bit the stomach punch that Landestoy described.
Right fielder Balta, who hit two home runs and threw out a potential tying run at home in the 11th inning, mirrored his team?s dejection.
When asked, however, about the fly ball he misplayed in the sun, Balta answered, ?I don?t think that?s ever going to leave my mind. I?ll probably think about that every day for the rest of my life.?
Gut wrenching.
And yet, worse news seems to still be ahead.
here you go.

Great info... too bad you are the last person that still gets a ? every time you type an apostrophe or quotation mark.

Turfdawg67
05-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Man, been a dog fan all my life.

"Gene says" or "Gene has confirmed" is an equivalent stamp of fake news as "this is CNN"

Well since CNN reports on most of the same stuff as Faux News, I suppose Gene's right.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Pure speculation but one of the people Schlossnagle recently followed on Twitter was Robert Woodard from UNC. UNC’s pitching coach. If he could somehow grab him and Gautreau leads the hitting that’s an elite staff that Schlossnagle is assembling. That staff imo could spearhead a NC run here.

Bully13
05-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Well since CNN reports on most of the same stuff as Faux News, I suppose Gene's right.

CNN reports most of the same stuff as FOX?

https://s15.postimg.cc/614c96gi3/Reagan_laughing_gif.gif

patdyeisstilldrunk
05-29-2018, 11:00 AM
?Doug Buckles will be a Bulldog.? Why does anyone give that guy any attention?

I?m not listening to Gene anymore. It?s obvious he is now being a mouthpiece for the university regarding the coaching search. He went from saying Cohen is in Fort Worth and Schloss was his first choice with McDonnell and Corbin in the mix to Cohen is in Destin and six coaches are still in the mix. It?s obvious he changed his tune to tow the company line.

The Federalist Engineer
05-29-2018, 11:40 AM
?Doug Buckles will be a Bulldog.? Why does anyone give that guy any attention?

The Doug Buckles debacle is not the worst for me...."TJ Mahwhinney is the new Paul Lacoste"...Antonio Hargro runs 4.3 (basically every MSU receiver ran 4.3 until he showed up in Starkville)....We even had a walk-on (Treadway?) from some christian academy that ran 4.2....then the awesome 300lb Arizona JC defensive lineman (Oyefesobi?) that ran 4.8....then the all time worst, the mysterious "Texas QB"

The "Texas QB" was the Gene version of a Messianic hope. In all the years before Dak, we always wanted a great QB but could only suit up variations of Matt Wyatt. But Gene always hyped up a mysterious and unnamed "Texas QB" that would sign for us and save us. But we did get a Louisiana QB, finally.

mparkerfd20
05-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Great info... too bad you are the last person that still gets a ? every time you type an apostrophe or quotation mark.

What I copied from had the ? marks. I was just too lazy to GAF about the next person having to read them too and fixing them all. :)