PDA

View Full Version : Baseball recruiting

BuckyIsAB****
05-28-2018, 08:48 AM
Baseball guys, how many do yall expect to keep in this draft class? I know nobody knows for sure but how many turn down the draft to come to Stark?

Any impact freshmen (other than Ginn)

Bully13
05-28-2018, 09:02 AM
According to Shotgun, our class will be decimated by the draft while other programs retain their high draft picks.

05-28-2018, 09:37 AM
According to Shotgun, our class will be decimated by the draft while other programs retain their high draft picks.

Yeah, you say that I am negative, that clown takes the cake

msstate7
05-28-2018, 09:42 AM

Ha, the only thing I have read from him is that Florida is getting a really good pitcher in school and that om's class will be hit hard. Could've missed it though

Cooterpoot
05-28-2018, 09:48 AM
We?re going to get hit. Hopefully Schloss can pull one, maybe two though. Just looking at our recruits he?s following on Twitter, I?m feeling a little optimistic.

Bully13
05-28-2018, 09:52 AM
We?re going to get hit. Hopefully Schloss can pull one, maybe two though. Just looking at our recruits he?s following on Twitter, I?m feeling a little optimistic.

Schloss is already following our croots on twitter?

TNDawg35
05-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Commerce was pretty confident about what JTs Dad said. I think he will be a Dawg. If we pull him, he is a legit wknd starter and a huge bat!!

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2018, 10:41 AM
We've already lost Winn and will likely be losing Jackson, Ginn, Stuart.

Halter & Jones should get to MSU.

Bryce Bush is 50/50. Wants to go pro but may not get his number.

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Yeah, you say that I am negative, that clown takes the cake

I deal in reality with neither a positive or negative slant.

BuckyIsAB****
05-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Surely Schloss can help us pull some kids from Texas now right

05-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Surely Schloss can help us pull some kids from Texas now right

Yes, esp since it’s cheaper to go to MSU from TX out of state than it is to go to aTm or UT

Been an underutilized market for us for years, and the same reason we should stay out of Louisiana

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Yes, esp since it’s cheaper to go to MSU from TX out of state than it is to go to aTm or UT

Been an underutilized market for us for years, and the same reason we should stay out of Louisiana

We're getting Basiel Williams out of Louisiana. He could be a good player for us.

VandelayIndustries
05-28-2018, 02:23 PM
We're getting Basiel Williams out of Louisiana. He could be a good player for us.

Agree with this, have seen this kid play. Think he will be a player here

05-28-2018, 03:31 PM

We've never racked up with Louisiana kids, and when we do, we have to open the wallet, it's called scholarship money, you know, the kind we had to break the bank to sign Kale Breaux and haven't gotten shit out of him because you can't pin your hopes on a single player

Please don't be dumb and argue something stupid, for your sake

I'm talking historical trends not one player

Homedawg
05-28-2018, 04:12 PM
We are never going to be big players in Texas. We had Steve Smith and Steve johnigan from there who both had connections and we signed a a few guys, Ricky joe Redd, Blake Anderson, Todd Stanley, Scott tankersly, and two guys that signed pro Todd Ritchie and Steve Gibralter. And gradually we figured out that wasn’t the best course of action. So we might get a few especially at the start, but that will soon dwindle too.

05-28-2018, 04:20 PM
We are never going to be big players in Texas. We had Steve Smith and Steve johnigan from there who both had connections and we signed a a few guys, Ricky joe Redd, Blake Anderson, Todd Stanley, Scott tankersly, and two guys that signed pro Todd Ritchie and Steve Gibralter. And gradually we figured out that wasn?t the best course of action. So we might get a few especially at the start, but that will soon dwindle too.

Don't have to be big players, just need to sign a few, specifically concentrating on the Houston metro area and JUCO system

I'm talking specifically about the 4 star type guys, the guys who get drafted late, ie our top targets

Most of the meat of our class should come from Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee.......we are cheaper than their state schools and offer much more than the smaller, cheaper schools like Troy, UAB, Memphis and MTSU

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 05:10 PM
We've never racked up with Louisiana kids, and when we do, we have to open the wallet, it's called scholarship money, you know, the kind we had to break the bank to sign Kale Breaux and haven't gotten shit out of him because you can't pin your hopes on a single player

Please don't be dumb and argue something stupid, for your sake

I'm talking historical trends not one player

You mean like Will Clark? Yeah let's abandon the state that produced the best player in school history.** Brian Wiese was pretty good. JP France was good for is this year.

And by dumb do you mean something like Lane Burroughs should be a candidate or Ryan Rigby will be drafted in the top 10 rounds dumb? Both said by you.

msbulldog
05-28-2018, 05:56 PM
You mean like Will Clark? Yeah let's abandon the state that produced the best player in school history.** Brian Wiese was pretty good. JP France was good for is this year.

And by dumb do you mean something like Lane Burroughs should be a candidate or Ryan Rigby will be drafted in the top 10 rounds dumb? Both said by you.

HaHa Tell it 4!

Commercecomet24
05-28-2018, 05:59 PM

Truth!

The Federalist Engineer
05-28-2018, 06:35 PM

This response is on par with Lloyd Benson saying:

"I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine, you sir are no Jack Kennedy"

Turfdawg67
05-28-2018, 06:58 PM

Yeah, hopefully in another 33 years we'll get another.

preachermatt83
05-28-2018, 08:04 PM

Boom

05-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Yeah, hopefully in another 33 years we'll get another.

Yep, definitely a strategy to count on

05-28-2018, 08:56 PM

You really dont realize how terrible those statistics really are

LOL, the expert

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 10:04 PM
You really dont realize how terrible those statistics really are

LOL, the expert

There weren't even any statistics in that post.

"Abandoning" any source of players for us is completely foolish and something that we can not do because of the population in our state. Arkansas is way worse at producing baseball talent for us than Louisiana is but I still wouldn't advocate abandoning it as a possible source if there is a player that is legit that we can land. Plus IMO Louisiana produces more developed players than Alabama does in general.

Texas is a totally different entity than Louisiana because of the population there.

You are a terrible baseball poster and have proven over and over and over again that you have no clue what you are talking about. Most of your opinions are so bad they would hurt our program unnecessarily.

The Federalist Engineer
05-28-2018, 11:14 PM
Getting this conversation back on track: Baseball appears not to be controlled by HS coaches, firewalled by state lines, or AAU human traffickers

It's about middle class kids, good homes, and elite traveling teams, dulins pulls kids from Ark, Tenn, MS, and Alabama. We must maintain relations with Dulins Dodgers and the like and make new ones. Let's get cozy with East Coast Sox and Marucci Elite.

With Schlossnagle (if that's the coach) we keep DD because of history and Cohen but we get Schlossnagle's TCU history and relationships in Texas. Looking at the TCU roster I see National recruiting with Texas being the top state. But lots of So Cal/Western players and no Louisiana players. I like the So Cal pipeline

Todd4State
05-28-2018, 11:39 PM
Getting this conversation back on track: Baseball appears not to be controlled by HS coaches, firewalled by state lines, or AAU human traffickers

It's about middle class kids, good homes, and elite traveling teams, dulins pulls kids from Ark, Tenn, MS, and Alabama. We must maintain relations with Dulins Dodgers and the like and make new ones. Let's get cozy with East Coast Sox and Marucci Elite.

With Schlossnagle (if that's the coach) we keep DD because of history and Cohen but we get Schlossnagle's TCU history and relationships in Texas. Looking at the TCU roster I see National recruiting with Texas being the top state. But lots of So Cal/Western players and no Louisiana players. I like the So Cal pipeline

Exactly. It's all about travel ball nowadays. I think we are in good with the EC Sox. We need to get the best in Mississippi. Then fill needs as best we can from the surrounding areas- Memphis, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Arkansas. And also use the big four states- California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia to fill out the rest.

Gautreau has connections in Louisiana so I don't see us abandoning there any time soon.

Pit Bull
05-29-2018, 12:08 AM
I think we lose about 4-5. Just depends. Is that being hit hard? Not sure, but it's somewhat substantial. Don't mind as long as our other SEC competition gets hit the same. What hurts is when......SOMEHOW.....Ole Miss kept their #1 class from a couple years back together. That's why they are where they are today. It is rare to keep a #1 class together and not lose anyone......can't prove they are cheating.....but it does make me suspicious when no one else can do that.

The Federalist Engineer
05-29-2018, 05:44 AM
I think we lose about 4-5. Just depends. Is that being hit hard? Not sure, but it's somewhat substantial. Don't mind as long as our other SEC competition gets hit the same. What hurts is when......SOMEHOW.....Ole Miss kept their #1 class from a couple years back together. That's why they are where they are today. It is rare to keep a #1 class together and not lose anyone......can't prove they are cheating.....but it does make me suspicious when no one else can do that.

We kept a top class together in 2015 but then Mini Me destroyed it with TJs - if all those pitchers were healthy today, we would be #1 in the nation, hosting a regional, and major NC contenders

beretta
05-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Brian Wiese was pretty good.

There's a name i havent heard in a while. Plucked straight out of Baton Rouge. highly recruited and just did not want to stay in BR.....so came to starkville. He certainly did not live up to his hype though. SEC talent, but not All American like everyone thought he was going to be. Biggest thing I remember about him was his girlfriend. Blonde, thin, blue eyes, huge rack......the kind of girl that people stopped watching the game over.....she went to LSU and came up to starkville often...

The Federalist Engineer
05-29-2018, 08:20 AM
There's a name i havent heard in a while. Plucked straight out of Baton Rouge. highly recruited and just did not want to stay in BR.....so came to starkville. He certainly did not live up to his hype though. SEC talent, but not All American like everyone thought he was going to be. Biggest thing I remember about him was his girlfriend. Blonde, thin, blue eyes, huge rack......the kind of girl that people stopped watching the game over.....she went to LSU and came up to starkville often...

Another Baton Rouge Product, as some of my kin folk would say, "es bueno, ese cabron"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UO2ExSKPYMTmg_ymIHBm6ML7vC0=/367x472:2429x1847/920x613/filters:focal(367x472:2429x1847):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48211379/GettyImages-77544017.0.jpg

https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/jonathan-papelbon-ap.jpg?w=494&h=343&crop=1

Homedawg
05-29-2018, 08:38 AM

Maybe not over the course of a career. But he had a really good year in 98. Really good

05-29-2018, 08:49 AM
Another Baton Rouge Product, as some of my kin folk would say, "es bueno, ese cabron"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UO2ExSKPYMTmg_ymIHBm6ML7vC0=/367x472:2429x1847/920x613/filters:focal(367x472:2429x1847):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48211379/GettyImages-77544017.0.jpg

https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/jonathan-papelbon-ap.jpg?w=494&h=343&crop=1

Paps was from Jacksonville

05-29-2018, 08:51 AM

To ignore scholarship money is to be about as big of an #expert as Todd

It's THE issue, not A issue

If it weren't for that, we'd have won 15 national titles by now

Homedawg
05-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Paps was from Jacksonville

Yes. Went to bishop Kenny. And that pipeline use to be strong.....no more though.

BuckyIsAB****
05-29-2018, 04:07 PM

that guy has swagger running out of his ears