PDA

View Full Version : latest Schlossnagle news (Sunday Night)...............

99jc
05-27-2018, 10:00 PM
Mississippi State's baseball coaching search is about to heat up, and one of the long-rumored candidates isn't exactly denying interest.
"I love Fort Worth, I love TCU," Schlossnagle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Sunday. "If they call me, we'll see what they have to say. I've shown my loyalty to TCU over and over for 15 years and TCU and Fort Worth have been incredible to my family."
The Star-Telegram reported that Schlossnagle has interest in the job, citing an unnamed source, though it notes his $1.5 million salary means it's not solely about money for the longtime coach.
TCU is at the end of a down year and is not expected to make the NCAA tournament, but the Horned Frogs have been to the last four College World Series and five total under Schlossnagle, who at age 47 has been TCU's head coach since 2004 and won nearly 70 percent of his games.
He would definitely fit what athletic director John Cohen has been looking for ? someone with a proven record in college baseball, including trips to Omaha.
Now, Schlossnagle isn't exactly saying he's interested, or that there's even been contact. But it's an on-the-record quote that is not a denial at all, and that's noteworthy during coaching carousel season

Homedawg
05-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Mississippi State's baseball coaching search is about to heat up, and one of the long-rumored candidates isn't exactly denying interest.
"I love Fort Worth, I love TCU," Schlossnagle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Sunday. "If they call me, we'll see what they have to say. I've shown my loyalty to TCU over and over for 15 years and TCU and Fort Worth have been incredible to my family."
The Star-Telegram reported that Schlossnagle has interest in the job, citing an unnamed source, though it notes his $1.5 million salary means it's not solely about money for the longtime coach.
TCU is at the end of a down year and is not expected to make the NCAA tournament, but the Horned Frogs have been to the last four College World Series and five total under Schlossnagle, who at age 47 has been TCU's head coach since 2004 and won nearly 70 percent of his games.
He would definitely fit what athletic director John Cohen has been looking for ? someone with a proven record in college baseball, including trips to Omaha.
Now, Schlossnagle isn't exactly saying he's interested, or that there's even been contact. But it's an on-the-record quote that is not a denial at all, and that's noteworthy during coaching carousel season

Well that proves it’s not him, every other head coach denies it.......

msstate7
05-27-2018, 10:09 PM
Well that proves it’s not him, every other head coach denies it.......

Haha... that is the truth. I think it is this time though... probably turn out to be a way to get him a big raise at tcu

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 10:12 PM
It’s just Hugh “Fat Man” Kellenburger reporting what the Fort Worth paper was saying and yes he said he had interest. Kellenburger always reports negatively on MSU and there really wasn’t anything negative in that report...

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Haha... that is the truth. I think it is this time though... probably turn out to be a way to get him a big raise at tcu

My gosh, this has nothing to do with getting a raise....can you guys not act so negative for once?

Homedawg
05-27-2018, 10:15 PM
My gosh, this has nothing to do with getting a raise....can you guys not act so negative for once?

Relax man, we will hire a good coach. He didn’t say anything negative. He just stated a possibility not a fAct. And the article was from Fort Worth

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 10:19 PM
He’s quoting Fat Hughes article....

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2018/05/27/tcus-jim-schlossnagle-asked-mississippi-state-baseball-coaching-search-texas-christian-horned-frogs/648967002/

Homedawg
05-27-2018, 10:23 PM
He’s quoting Fat Hughes article....

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2018/05/27/tcus-jim-schlossnagle-asked-mississippi-state-baseball-coaching-search-texas-christian-horned-frogs/648967002/

Fat Hugh wasn’t there to interview him dumb ass, he stole the quotes from the Fort Worth paper. But thanks for the journalism update.
ETA and maybe they didn’t do the interview eithe but it came from Texas people who did it not fat Hugh.... but Riley self is a starter too so there’s that. You get all your info from a paper???

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Fat Hugh wasn’t there to interview him dumb ass, he stole the quotes from the Fort Worth paper. But thanks for the journalism update.
ETA and maybe they didn’t do the interview eithe but it came from Texas people who did it not fat Hugh.... but Riley self is a starter too so there’s that. You get all your info from a paper???

Hey asshole: this shit is from Hugh’s article. This rhetoric below isn’t from the Fort Worth paper dumb ass.

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2018, 10:40 PM

A big raise from the biggest contract in the history of the game? And in a year when his team completely misses the postseason? Schlossnagle is already the highest paid coach in his profession and coming off a season where he missed a regional altogether... And you think this is all just a play where he’s actually angling for even more money from TCU right now?

I suppose anything is possible but surrounding circumstances indicate that doesn’t add up.

msstate7
05-27-2018, 10:48 PM
A big raise from the biggest contract in the game? And in a year when his team completely misses the postseason? Schlossnagle is already the highest paid coach in his profession and coming off a season where he missed a regional altogether... And you think this is all just a play where he’s actually angling for even more money from TCU right now?

I suppose anything is possible but surrounding circumstances indicate that doesn’t add up.
I think he will be our new HC. I do find it odd though that he is so open about it. That part does seem like it could be a show of leverage towards tcu

Homedawg
05-27-2018, 10:48 PM
Hey asshole: this shit is from Hugh’s article. This rhetoric below isn’t from the Fort Worth paper dumb ass.

Hey asshole the forthworth paper ran than at 2:00pm. So carry on dumbass. And nobody said he wasn’t interested. Nobody. But I DID say self isn’t a starter. You did. Wrong. One pitch guy. One.

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2018, 10:52 PM
I think he will be our new HC. I do find it odd though that he is so open about it. That part does seem like it could be a show of leverage towards tcu

I understand and it does seem odd... I just think his season is over and he has nothing left to hide. No reason not to be truthful at this point.

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 10:55 PM
Hey asshole the forthworth paper ran than at 2:00pm. So carry on dumbass. And nobody said he wasn’t interested. Nobody. But I DID say self isn’t a starter. You did. Wrong. One pitch guy. One.

I know the Fort Worth paper ran the original article BUT 99jc included in his original post rhetoric from Hugh’s article. That’s why I said it was from Fat Hugh. Of course the idiot just took the Fort Worth article like his own but what gave it away were these two gems that I mentioned in my previous post that weren’t in the Fort Worth Article...

MarketingBully
05-27-2018, 11:07 PM
I know the Fort Worth paper ran the original article BUT 99jc included in his original post rhetoric from Hugh’s article. That’s why I said it was from Fat Hugh. Of course the idiot just took the Fort Worth article like his own but what gave it away were these two gems that I mentioned in my previous post that weren’t in the Fort Worth Article...

Heck in my original post I even said Hugh stole it from the Fort Worth paper so I don’t understand Homedog’s lack of reading comprehension. AND Self has been throwing three pitches this year as he has gotten back in form. I think he wants a shot at starting and if he can keep improving on his secondary pitches I think he will get his chance.

Homedawg
05-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Heck in my original post I even said Hugh stole it from the Fort Worth paper so I don’t understand Homedog’s lack of reading comprehension. AND Self has been throwing three pitches this year as he has gotten back in form. I think he wants a shot at starting and if he can keep improving on his secondary pitches I think he will get his chance.

Throwing 3 pitches and having 3 quality pitches totally different. He has one. He’s a reliever. And a good one. Period. And somewhere i missed where you said he stole it. .... but you linked the article like he came up with it.... he’s a figure piece who cares??

Bully13
05-28-2018, 05:24 AM
There are a few here on this thread need to step back from the keyboard , take a deep breath then think.

msbulldog
05-28-2018, 06:33 AM
There are a few here on this thread need to step back from the keyboard , take a deep breath then think.

Yea that escalated rather quickly, didn't it 13.

DownwardDawg
05-28-2018, 07:24 AM
Yea that escalated rather quickly, didn't it 13.

I’d have to say yeah.

MarketingBully
05-28-2018, 10:19 PM

Looks like someone else agrees with me on Self...
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1001298939059032064?s=21

JohnnyQuid
05-28-2018, 10:28 PM

I'm sure robbie is a great guy but his opinion means about as much as any of us here. Self is a shut down guy out of the pen and can impact multiple games per series. It's great that he's learning other pitches regardless of whether his role changes or not. Whatever we ask him to do I think he'll be successful.

confucius say
05-28-2018, 10:37 PM
In self's defense, he's been much much better against lefties this year. Last year, especially down the stretch, his cutter was getting hammered by lefties.

JohnnyQuid
05-28-2018, 10:42 PM
In self's defense, he's been much much better against lefties this year. Last year, especially down the stretch, his cutter was getting hammered by lefties.

He did, and he NEEDED more pitches. Small sample size in the late season this year but self has always had the it factor for me. If it's nut cutting time i trust him out of the pen as much as anyone

confucius say
05-28-2018, 10:47 PM
He did, and he NEEDED more pitches. Small sample size in the late season this year but self has always had the it factor for me. If it's nut cutting time i trust him out of the pen as much as anyone

Same.

And where the hell have you been all season? Maybe I just missed posts you made.

JohnnyQuid
05-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Same.

And where the hell have you been all season? Maybe I just missed posts you made.

After the Canni drama and bad play early the defeatist / give up attitude shown (not so much here but shown loud and proud on most social media) i just was read only if anything this season. Quietly watched baseball be baseball and it was awesome. Excited for the future tho and will be around :cool:

preachermatt83
05-29-2018, 12:19 AM

Self will def have a shot to be a starter for us. He's developing his secondary stuff and I expect to see him as the Saturday guy in the future. You are right here and arguing with homedawg is a waste of time

Offshore Dawg
05-29-2018, 09:32 AM
Some of you are starting to sound like the main topic of discussion at a "Proctologist" convention.