PDA

View Full Version : JoMo wants a new indoor practice facility......

Pit Bull
05-27-2018, 12:10 AM
.....I can only ask why? The Palmeiro Center is relatively new. Do we really need another IPF?

CadaverDawg
05-27-2018, 12:11 AM
.....I can only ask why? The Palmeiro Center is relatively new. Do we really need another IPF?

If he wins 10 this year, give it to him. 9 or less, paint the plywood on the walls of the Palmeiro.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2018, 12:30 AM
The Palmero isn't a football facility it's a make shift. It's not even 100yds. I don't think it happens immediately but in the next 2-3yrs it should. Just close in the practice field closest to the Seal.

mstatefan91
05-27-2018, 12:57 AM
Because the Palmeiro Center isn’t a football facility. It’s a catch all facility which has been fine. If the team does well under him then get it done.

MetEdDawg
05-27-2018, 04:35 AM
If we want to be big time, we need a football only facility. And we don't need to be good to do it. We just need to do it. Not sure why being good is a qualification to want to get better and compete at a higher level.

Hambone
05-27-2018, 06:50 AM
I think the Prescott Cox Jackson Center will break ground in the next year.

MStateDawg
05-27-2018, 07:22 AM
The Palmeiro Center is relatively new.

The Palmeiro Center is nearly 20 years old. That?s not ?relatively new? in the college facilities arms race. This is not about function or logic. It?s about recruiting. Everyone in P5 is building spectacular facilities. We need to keep up.

Northwestern?s new ipf:
https://res.cloudinary.com/cmgverticals/image/upload/c_crop,g_north_west,h_632,w_1200,x_0,y_67/c_fill,h_628,q_80,w_1200/e_sharpen,f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1523125537/DaJAsqYWsAAGaoO_q2didv.jpg

biggun
05-27-2018, 07:25 AM
The Palmeiro Center is nearly 20 years old. That?s not ?relatively new? in the college facilities arms race. This is not about function or logic. It?s about recruiting. Everyone in P5 is building spectacular facilities. We need to keep up.

Northwestern?s new ipf:
https://res.cloudinary.com/cmgverticals/image/upload/c_crop,g_north_west,h_632,w_1200,x_0,y_67/c_fill,h_628,q_80,w_1200/e_sharpen,f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1523125537/DaJAsqYWsAAGaoO_q2didv.jpg

Northwestern???? No way.......Unreal

graddawg
05-27-2018, 08:03 AM
If he wins 10 this year, give it to him. 9 or less, paint the plywood on the walls of the Palmeiro.

Then tell the architects to get to work...

Cooterpoot
05-27-2018, 08:10 AM
It’s already in the planning stages.

confucius say
05-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Would be fairly inexpensive to just close in a field. It's not like it needs state of the art weight room and locker rooms in it.

Fred Garvin
05-27-2018, 08:49 AM

Northwestern?s new ipf:

Are you saying build it on the banks of the Luxapalila???

MStateDawg
05-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Northwestern???? No way.......Unreal

Yup. Just opened a couple months ago.
https://www.athleticbusiness.com/images/Blogs/2018/Jason/Apr/Screen%20Shot%202018-04-06%20at%202.23.01%20PM.png

CadaverDawg
05-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Then tell the architects to get to work...

I love it.

And my post was sarcasm...I definitely think we need a football only IPF. Not a shared facility. That Nortwestern IPF is sweet, and will help them so much in recruiting. If NW is doing it, imagine what is/will be being built in the SEC soon. We gotta keep up

Gutter Cobreh
05-27-2018, 09:32 AM

Northwestern?s new ipf:

Northwestern finished ranked 59th in recruiting last year per Rivals, and currently have 9 3*s committed so far this year. This building isn't going to drastically change their program...

Conversely, they rank #11 in Best Universities while we're #171 - per US News and World Reports. Vanderbilt is #14 for comparison.

They can build whatever they would like, but the truth is it won't matter because prospective athlete still have to pass in the classroom. You don't get to #11 by having "basket weaving" electives for your student athletes...

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2018, 09:33 AM

Northwestern?s new ipf:

Northwestern's facility view

Our facility view
http://walterreeves.code18interactiv.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Leyland-in-a-row.jpg

Gutter Cobreh
05-27-2018, 10:23 AM

Our facility view
http://walterreeves.code18interactiv.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Leyland-in-a-row.jpg

But ours comes with FREE heat and humidity...suck on that NW!!!

graddawg
05-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Agreed with all this. And as someone said above, JoMos' insistence on this has lead to planning. The arms race continues.

TUSK
05-27-2018, 10:51 AM
This thread prompted me to review SEC IPFs...

1) they are relatively cheap (free if you consider SECN $).
2) they help a bunch with recruiting.
3) even Vandy, UK & Mississippi have swank digs.

And, I’m with Met... it needs to be done regardless of success. With football, it’s an investment, not a reward.

drummerdawg
05-27-2018, 11:02 AM
I'm all for building one but Flordia won National Championships without one and Vandy, UK, and Miss are still trash while having "swank" ones.

Todd4State
05-27-2018, 11:26 AM
As a baseball fan I'd like to see the football team have their own. Sharing probably takes away some from both sports.

DawgNamedScuba
05-27-2018, 11:36 AM
I'm all for building one but Flordia won National Championships without one and Vandy, UK, and Miss are still trash while having "swank" ones.

But they gonna need one too since don cant recruit!

DanDority
05-27-2018, 11:59 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TUSK again.And, I?m with Met... it needs to be done regardless of success. With football, it?s an investment, not a reward.
Man, we agree WAY TOO MUCH!

Anonymous
05-27-2018, 12:26 PM

Seriously? Miles behind other programs without even having an IPF for football and some of you are apparently asking why we need it?

Commercecomet24
05-27-2018, 12:33 PM

And, I’m with Met... it needs to be done regardless of success. With football, it’s an investment, not a reward.

Good answer, good answer!

TUSK
05-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Y'all should compromise and do what UAB did and cut the cost of those silly walls and pesky AC duct work... In the off season you can have rodeos n stuff...

I'll check my couch cushions and the ashtray in my truck to help offset the NIO...

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/news/2017/08/28/in-pictures-uab-football-blazes-a-new-trail.html

dawgoneyall
05-27-2018, 01:14 PM

Northwestern?s new ipf:

How much would a view as that cost?

Bothrops
05-27-2018, 01:20 PM
How much would a view as that cost?

Man that puts any SEC IPF to shame!

Bodaski
05-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Our facility view

In appreciation from JWS.

Dawg61
05-27-2018, 07:09 PM
The Palmero isn't a football facility it's a make shift. It's not even 100yds. I don't think it happens immediately but in the next 2-3yrs it should. Just close in the practice field closest to the Seal.

Why do you need 100 yds to practice? Not many 99 yd plays in the playbook. This is dumb. We don't need another IPF. Spend $5 mill on something else.

DanDority
05-27-2018, 07:14 PM
I'm sure we could create some new positions in the AD to spend $5 million on.

Lance Harbor
05-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Because you're dumb AF.

RocketDawg
05-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Why do you need 100 yds to practice? Not many 99 yd plays in the playbook. This is dumb. We don't need another IPF. Spend $5 mill on something else.

I tend to agree with you. I don't like the idea of spending megabucks on dressing rooms either. Maybe we and everybody else are bowing to recruits too much.

TUSK
05-27-2018, 11:48 PM
For those questioning the need for a 100-130 yard IPF, I can only think of only 2 legit reasons:

1) Recruiting vs programs that have them.
2) If you sign enough talent to fill the space.*

*seriously - you can run two (or 3) practices simultaneously and that helps with the NCAA time limitations....

How much was MSU's revenue (excluding the $41 Mil) and profit for the Athletic Dept. in 2017?

TUSK
05-27-2018, 11:54 PM

https://youtu.be/tEI3f6cXwAA

https://youtu.be/2etYxlbbdHk

dawgs
05-28-2018, 02:39 AM

Florida won their last title nearly 10 years ago and ain't exactly been blowing it up lately.

dawgs
05-28-2018, 02:43 AM
I tend to agree with you. I don't like the idea of spending megabucks on dressing rooms either. Maybe we and everybody else are bowing to recruits too much.

I agree about pandering to croots, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you wanna win. If we held back because we wanted to take the high road or whatever, all we'd do is miss out on talent and hurt ourselves.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2018, 05:01 AM
The IPF is going to happen. It’s just a matter of when. We need a better one and they want Palmeiro to be baseball only. Already being discussed and a plan being put together before Mullen left. I’d say it happens in the next 3 years. Baseball stadium projects have to be finished and an indoor tennis facility is probably ahead of it. Just depends on fund raising I suspect.

MetEdDawg
05-28-2018, 06:07 AM
The fact that any of ours fans questions the need is stunning. When it rains we lose time. When we have to share with baseball we lose time. When we want to run a full field scrimmage on turf to replicate conditions at another field we lose time.

Additionally, for recruiting, for elevating our program, for giving our players the chance to compete with the best. This 100% has to happen. If you want to play with the big boys, you have to do what they do. If you think this isn't necessary, go be a USM fan. But an IPF needs to happen for us.

Time for us to step up and throw money at this. We need to donate more as a university and find ways to better ourselves. This does that. And I'm 100% sure that if Dan Mullen and Joe Moorhead think we need one, we probably need one.

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2018, 07:26 AM

You do realize that at football practice, the team spreads out right?

They don't just run plays from 1 line of scrimmage

Bully13
05-28-2018, 07:55 AM

https://s15.postimg.cc/4u6xubdu3/Regan_zip_it_hippie.gif

Bully13
05-28-2018, 07:58 AM

Northwestern?s new ipf:

I still find myself just coming back to this thread just to look at that IPF. damn.

craigmid
05-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Maybe we can get a private donation.
Jace Christmanns dad is CEO of Apache Oil.
Made about 15 Mil last year - just sayin'

Dawg61
05-28-2018, 08:54 PM
You do realize that at football practice, the team spreads out right?

They don't just run plays from 1 line of scrimmage

Why didn't they make the IPF correctly the first time? It's not something you should be making once a decade or you're just wasting money.

dawgs
05-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Why didn't they make the IPF correctly the first time? It's not something you should be making once a decade or you're just wasting money.

Because it was built primarily for baseball?

TUSK
05-29-2018, 12:08 AM

Y'all couldn't afford a righteous IPF then... Now, with the $40M SECN welfare dollas, there's no excuse for anyone in the conference not to have macdaddy digs... period.

It's not like expanding Davis Wade to 70K, or somethin'... IPFs are really cheap (comparably)...

Pit Bull
05-29-2018, 12:29 AM
I think the Prescott Cox Jackson Center will break ground in the next year.

Probably have to rename your IPF.....The Prescott Yazoo High Jackson Center"

Bully13
05-29-2018, 07:26 AM
Probably have to rename your IPF.....The Prescott Yazoo High Jackson Center"

"your" ?

Covercorner2
05-29-2018, 07:45 AM
You need an IPF to keep up with the arms race and be a legit SEC program. Given our disadvantages (money, prestige, location, etc.) we already have, you can?t also have subpar facilities. The Plywood Palace is a joke right now amongst the SEC. Not to mention nice facilities are obviously appealing to players and recruits. Would you rather play golf at a goat ranch or Augusta? This isn?t Rocket Science.

The fact that some of you don?t realize that is mind boggling.

Lord McBuckethead
05-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Heck I could shoot a 120 at both the goat ranch and Augusta.
In all seriousness, there is zero reasons why we cannot build a 100+ yard indoor practice facility on par with anyone's in the SEC or anywhere for that matter.

Liverpooldawg
05-29-2018, 07:57 AM
The fact that any of ours fans questions the need is stunning. When it rains we lose time. When we have to share with baseball we lose time. When we want to run a full field scrimmage on turf to replicate conditions at another field we lose time.

Additionally, for recruiting, for elevating our program, for giving our players the chance to compete with the best. This 100% has to happen. If you want to play with the big boys, you have to do what they do. If you think this isn't necessary, go be a USM fan. But an IPF needs to happen for us.

Time for us to step up and throw money at this. We need to donate more as a university and find ways to better ourselves. This does that. And I'm 100% sure that if Dan Mullen and Joe Moorhead think we need one, we probably need one.

I agree we need a footbal only one (for recruiting) but a point of order: we already have a full turf practice field. It is outdoors, where we play nearly all of our games. When WAS the last time we played in a dome? The St. Petersburg Bowl?

mparkerfd20
05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
Line the walls and ceilings with HD screens and create any damn view you want.

MetEdDawg
05-29-2018, 08:20 AM
I agree we need a footbal only one (for recruiting) but a point of order: we already have a full turf practice field. It is outdoors, where we play nearly all of our games. When WAS the last time we played in a dome? The St. Petersburg Bowl?

True, but if it's pouring down rain you aren't gonna hang out on the outdoor practice field. If TS Alberto were 75 miles further west while we are practicing, we are screwed. IPF fixes that, especially when you are installing. During the season you might want to stay outside if it's going to mimic real game type weather. But if it's raining in February through August, I'm going inside to the IPF. If I want to intensify the effect sound or fan noise might have in a game, I can much more easily control that in an IPF.

Dawg61
05-29-2018, 10:22 AM
You need an IPF to keep up with the arms race and be a legit SEC program. Given our disadvantages (money, prestige, location, etc.) we already have, you can?t also have subpar facilities. The Plywood Palace is a joke right now amongst the SEC. Not to mention nice facilities are obviously appealing to players and recruits. Would you rather play golf at a goat ranch or Augusta? This isn?t Rocket Science.

The fact that some of you don?t realize that is mind boggling.

If the new one built for football only means the Palmeiro center becomes baseball only then go for it.

Bully13
05-29-2018, 11:00 AM
If the new one built for football only means the Palmeiro center becomes baseball only then go for it.

Starting to catch on? Good for you.

Cooterpoot
05-29-2018, 11:27 AM
If you're complaining about us possibly building an IPF, you're part of the problem with our program. LT must be your hero.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Go to "The Manning Center" in Oxford.... then you will see the need for a new IPF.

Jack Lambert
05-29-2018, 03:20 PM
Why don't we just take the current practice field and dome it in with a retractable roof?

Dawg61
05-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Why don't we just take the current practice field and dome it in with a retractable roof?

Good question

Cooterpoot
05-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Rectractable roof = huge money

dawgs
05-29-2018, 09:12 PM

I'd think that would be hard to do it right, but I'm no architect. And would the cost really be all that much less? When we do this, don't cut corners and pinch pennies, otherwise it'll be outdated before it's completed.

Turfdawg67
05-29-2018, 09:46 PM

Our facility view

Dude... that's to keep Saban from sneaking a peak! He can spy on Northwestern from his yacht easily! Well played State... well played! ***

TUSK
05-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Dude... that's to keep Saban from sneaking a peak! He can spy on Northwestern from his yacht easily! Well played State... well played! ***

Yacht?!?!?! Pfffffffft...

MDL takes this pics:

...from this:

Bully13
05-29-2018, 11:35 PM
Rectractable roof = huge money

Your opinion on money doesn't work here because you have ZERO VCash. Looking for a loan? My rates are competitive if you wanna submit an application.

Pit Bull
05-30-2018, 01:02 AM
"your" ?

yeah....hambone's, not mine.....we don't need it. Just add another 10 yd section to the end of it and replace all the outside panels with glass and we're right there with NWestern. Don't think we have any great lakes we can expand down here, so maybe a nice view of Hwy.12 will work.

Pit Bull
05-30-2018, 01:05 AM
Go to "The Manning Center" in Oxford.... then you will see the need for a new IPF.

Seen it from the outside and looks the same size to me. We can add 10 yds. for about 100K and put in some windows so we can see Hwy. 12. Or maybe somehow expand Chadwick Lake around close to it so the players can watch the hot chicks jog or walk their dogs.