PDA

View Full Version : Bream & Bass

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Bream are on the beds anyone catching any? Or trying too?

I believe the bass may have started a little late too. Not sure why but I've seen a few bedding still. Catching them pretty good off the ol texas rig purple or junebug worm

SpeckleDawg
05-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Caught a few chunks that were cruising the bank mid day today. Going back in the morning with a kayak.

https://s7.postimg.cc/95fk6ex7v/C26_B95_E8-_B900-4_FB1-8_FBC-_DEB4_C3_F092_B3.jpg

Bully13
05-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Caught a few chunks that were cruising the bank mid day today. Going back in the morning with a kayak.

https://s7.postimg.cc/95fk6ex7v/C26_B95_E8-_B900-4_FB1-8_FBC-_DEB4_C3_F092_B3.jpg

Hey speckle, just curious. Where did you catch that bass and how do you cook them and how good do they taste?

SpeckleDawg
05-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Private lake around Jackson. I have honestly never kept a bass to eat. I’m a a saltwater guy.

Treemydawg
05-26-2018, 07:40 PM
Bass are definitely still bedding. My wife and I just returned home from our honeymoon at Smith lake in Alabama and we wore the bass out. We saw several bream beds but didn't see a single bream on any of them.

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Hey speckle, just curious. Where did you catch that bass and how do you cook them and how good do they taste?

Fry them like any other fish. I like zatarans fish fry with some home made french fries and ketchup.

They are good. Not white perch good but good. I dont keep a lot of them. Bass are my favorite thing to fish for.

Other than handgrabbing

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2018, 08:09 PM
Bass are definitely still bedding. My wife and I just returned home from our honeymoon at Smith lake in Alabama and we wore the bass out. We saw several bream beds but didn't see a single bream on any of them.

Dang. I thought it was weird. They are usually done by now.

SpaceWranglerDawg
06-09-2018, 05:32 PM
I just moved back to Jackson not too terribly long ago, but have been catching some bream and bass on a fly rod at some private lakes in the area.

SpaceWranglerDawg
06-16-2018, 11:50 AM
I've been fishing between the dams on the Pearl River the last couple days on a kayak and been having some luck. Anybody have any suggestions for other places to fish in the Jackson area?

shoeless joe
06-17-2018, 11:17 AM

Smith lake would be considered an "upland reservoir", somewhat like bay springs but on a larger scale. Cold, clear, deep water. So they're going to spawn a little later there. Not really comparable to any MS lakes except the one mentioned above and it's a bit of a stretch.

Bully13
06-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Your wife agreed to a honeymoon at a lake and you two fish together? Does she have a sister?

Bully13
06-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Fry them like any other fish. I like zatarans fish fry with some home made french fries and ketchup.

They are good. Not white perch good but good. I dont keep a lot of them. Bass are my favorite thing to fish for.

Other than handgrabbing

"handgrabbing". Had to go there again?