PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous coach calls out om

MadDawg
05-25-2018, 08:29 AM
who do you think it was?

?I don?t care what anyone says or how they try to spin it there, this is a dead program walking. At least for a couple of years. They lost an elite quarterback and receiver because they didn?t want to hang around for the NCAA fallout, and they?re still dealing with that on the road in recruiting? There were some really qualified coaches who wanted that job, but only with a significant commitment to security. I?m talking six or seven years of commitment. I truly believe that?s why Matt (Luke) was retained. It?s easy to move on from him once it hits rock bottom? A.J. Brown might be the best receiver in our league. A physical, tough, catch anything receiver. And he can run. The question is, can (Jordan) Ta?amu get him the ball consistently? I know everyone is talking about the great numbers Ta?amu put up last season when Shea Patterson got hurt. But he wasn?t facing the best defenses in our league. He had a few gimme putts out there. I want to see if he can do it when the big boys are on the field??

Bully13
05-25-2018, 08:37 AM
who do you think it was?

If I knew who this coach was , I'd Rep him. Instead, I'm repping you for the best post of the morning sir thus far.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Muschamp or Kirby is my guess

I seen it dawg
05-25-2018, 08:49 AM
**** those shitbirds

Cooterpoot
05-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Malzahn

AusTexDawg
05-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Malzahn

Too many multi-syllable words to be him

Token Bammer
05-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Too many multi-syllable words to be him

Haha! Nice.

My money is on Muschamp. Kirby is too busy trying to be just like Nick Saban to mouth off something like this. Jmo

parabrave
05-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Probably another coach whose last name begins with M.

BulldogDX55
05-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Probably another coach whose last name begins with M.

Correct. Has to be either Malzhan Mullen. Too much vitriol for it not to be someone who has faced them regularly. Saban Doesn't care. Fisher, Moorhead, and Morris are new. Mason seems lost at any given moment. Too coherent for DA COACH O. That leaves Malzhan and Mullen.

Mobile Bay
05-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Correct. Has to be either Malzhan Mullen. Too much vitriol for it not to be someone who has faced them regularly. Saban Doesn't care. Fisher, Moorhead, and Morris are new. Mason seems lost at any given moment. Too coherent for DA COACH O. That leaves Malzhan and Mullen.

Mullen would know that Mississippi can't sign more than a four year contract for anything. So I am thinking this is Gus.

BuckyIsAB****
05-25-2018, 11:40 AM
I dont believe those quotes in those magazines anyway.

Some of that is true but Ta'amu is gonna be able to get him the ball, esp now that they know the defense is not gonna be much better and they lost their best RB.

I expect them to go full Washington St or Texas Tech this year

Homedawg
05-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Mullen would know that Mississippi can't sign more than a four year contract for anything. So I am thinking this is Gus.

There are ways around this. The foundation can give a contract as long as they choose. Just the base contract coming from state money can only be 4.

thf24
05-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Some of that is true but Ta'amu is gonna be able to get him the ball, esp now that they know the defense is not gonna be much better and they lost their best RB.

He may turn out to be All-SEC, but just like Shea over the same period roughly a year before, there's likely to be some drop-off between a previously unknown QB coming in hot for the final 3-4 games of a season, then starting a new one with other teams having film to study all offseason and the knowledge that he'll be the starter.

Jack Lambert
05-25-2018, 01:37 PM
He may turn out to be All-SEC, but just like Shea over the same period roughly a year before, there's likely to be some drop-off between a QB coming in hot for the final 3-4 games of a season, then starting a new one with other teams having film to study all offseason and the knowledge that he'll be the starter.

Three out of the four last season the Starting QB got hurt and two of the seasons the QB was gone for the year.

Todd4State
05-25-2018, 01:40 PM
He may turn out to be All-SEC, but just like Shea over the same period roughly a year before, there's likely to be some drop-off between a previously unknown QB coming in hot for the final 3-4 games of a season, then starting a new one with other teams having film to study all offseason and the knowledge that he'll be the starter.

He was like 10-23 against us. That's not very good completion percentage wise.

Johnson85
05-25-2018, 01:41 PM
There are ways around this. The foundation can give a contract as long as they choose. Just the base contract coming from state money can only be 4.

They can, but the AG has issued an opinion saying they can't. I'm not sure there is going to be anybody go against that when they can structure a deal that basically provides the same security while technically being a 4 year deal.

Homedawg
05-25-2018, 02:29 PM
They can, but the AG has issued an opinion saying they can't. I'm not sure there is going to be anybody go against that when they can structure a deal that basically provides the same security while technically being a 4 year deal.

well, we have an offer out there like that at present. so there's that......

Dawg61
05-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Where's it say it's an SEC coach? I am saying Jim Harbaugh. He seems to really hate OM.

tireddawg
05-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Where's it say it's an SEC coach? I am saying Jim Harbaugh. He seems to really hate OM.

I would guess by this quote. "A.J. Brown might be the best receiver in our league"

RocketDawg
05-25-2018, 04:28 PM

The 4 year limit is probably a wise thing to do, but the state may have to make an exception for head coaches so the schools can be more competitive.