PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments by JoMo......

Pit Bull
05-24-2018, 11:59 PM
....asked what would be needed for MSU to have a great year this year. No. 1 he replied.....was to go 4-0 or 3-1 in OOC play. No.2 was to have a winning SEC record which hasn't been done very many times in MSU history. To me, a great year would be 4-0 in OOC games. What OOC game does he think we could possibly lose? And in the SEC, a great year would entail a 6-2 or better record. I could see us losing to BAMA and possibly Auburn. LSU could beat us, but I just don't see it. 10-2 or better THIS year would be a great year for me. 9-3 would be very good, and 8-4 would be just ok. JMHO, of course!

Todd4State
05-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Probably Kansas State.

Dawg61
05-25-2018, 12:45 AM
http://www.memegen.it/m/igi8g6.jpg

Pit Bull
05-25-2018, 04:53 AM
http://www.memegen.it/m/igi8g6.jpg

So you don't think 10-2 or better would be a great season?

maroonmania
05-25-2018, 06:57 AM
Let me just say that if we don't go 4-0 in OOC play then we won't sniff 10-2 and the odds of us having a winning SEC record are very low. I realize we may improve through the year but losing to Kansas State would be a really bad indicator for the rest of the season.

chef dixon
05-25-2018, 07:50 AM
You guys are foolish if you think winning at Kansas State will be easy

yjnkdawg
05-25-2018, 07:51 AM
He is actually comparing what a great year would be at Mississippi State compared to our history over a period of several years to many many years, which makes sense. He said this was just one of his goals. His ultimate goal is to win a national championship here.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-25-2018, 08:00 AM

I agree with you. This game worries me a lot with it being so early in the season, and in an unfamiliar environment.

However, Kansas State lost to Vandy last year. If we can't beat them (even on the road) we are looking at an extremely mediocre season.

dickiedawg
05-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Under promise and over deliver.

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2018, 08:09 AM
....asked what would be needed for MSU to have a great year this year. No. 1 he replied.....was to go 4-0 or 3-1 in OOC play. No.2 was to have a winning SEC record which hasn't been done very many times in MSU history. To me, a great year would be 4-0 in OOC games. What OOC game does he think we could possibly lose? And in the SEC, a great year would entail a 6-2 or better record. I could see us losing to BAMA and possibly Auburn. LSU could beat us, but I just don't see it. 10-2 or better THIS year would be a great year for me. 9-3 would be very good, and 8-4 would be just ok. JMHO, of course!

I'm going to wait till I see this team in action against a good opponent before I form any expectations at all. There are a lot of unknowns going into this season.

Bully13
05-25-2018, 08:50 AM
I agree with you. This game worries me a lot with it being so early in the season, and in an unfamiliar environment.

However, Kansas State lost to Vandy last year. If we can't beat them (even on the road) we are looking at an extremely mediocre season.

This. Despite all the variables and unknowns, something tells me this will be an early season indicator as to how things go. I just took a quick glance at K-State 2017 and We should beat these guys. are they expected to be better this year?

Bothrops
05-25-2018, 09:00 AM
The K-State game is interesting. It's very early in the season and they played Auburn very hard several years ago over there. I can't see it this year. Our defensive front stifles them, and we win decidedly.

99jc
05-25-2018, 09:02 AM
This. Despite all the variables and unknowns, something tells me this will be an early season indicator as to how things go. I just took a quick glance at K-State 2017 and We should beat these guys. are they expected to be better this year?

think we are. This is our best team in years and you guys are worried about shitty KState. I fully expect us to beat the hell outta most teams we play this year...Damn guys have some confidence for once.

Bully13
05-25-2018, 09:03 AM
I will bet some V-Cash that we win by 12+. Considering I have over 1M in V-Cash, I'll go lite and won't call you and see you more. Can we bet V-Cash against other individuals on the board?

sleepy dawg
05-25-2018, 09:05 AM
nice. That's kinda what I thought when I read that.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2018, 09:13 AM
think we are. This is our best team in years and you guys are worried about shitty KState. I fully expect us to beat the hell outta most teams we play this year...Damn guys have some confidence for once.

Thank you! Great post! Agree completely!

preachermatt83
05-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Agree

TrapGame
05-25-2018, 09:24 AM
If we lose to K State we finish 6-6. K State is nowhere near SEC level competition.

We ain't losing to K State.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2018, 09:25 AM
I expect us to beat K St but let's not act like it's the same as going to La Tech or South Alabama. They'll probably be a Top 25 team when we go there. I think our team is special & will have a special season but this Kansas St not Kansas they'll be ready to play.

Token Bammer
05-25-2018, 09:38 AM

The old man will bring it at home early season. No doubt about it. However, I still expect State to be 4-0 with Florida coming to town, and every game gets bigger and bigger from then on if State keeps racking up Ws.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-25-2018, 10:26 AM
I expect us to beat K St but let's not act like it's the same as going to La Tech or South Alabama. They'll probably be a Top 25 team when we go there. I think our team is special & will have a special season but this Kansas St not Kansas they'll be ready to play.

Completely accurate. Anyone thinking they are going to lay down is fooling themselves.

Remember in 1998 the eventual SECW champion Bulldogs got thumped in an early season game with a sub par Oklahoma State team. I expect to win, but we need to come to play for this game.

Jack Lambert
05-25-2018, 03:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg

Dawg61
05-25-2018, 03:07 PM
So you don't think 10-2 or better would be a great season?

What dickiedawg said. It's coach speak. No brand new SEC coach comes in and says they expect to go 10-2 to be a good season. That's just dumb. Try to not read too much into totally harmless comments made after baited questions are asked.

Covercorner2
05-25-2018, 03:10 PM

This. We will be favored and should win, but you can?t expect to just go there and blow them out. I would say it?s similar to playing at UK every other year. Hell we almost lost to them in 2014.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2018, 03:41 PM
I would never think we would blowout kstate but I'm confident as heck about this team and staff that we will not lose to them. I'm confident that anyone that does beat us will have to bring their lunch pail. Theirs a big difference between confidence and arrogance.

msbulldog
05-25-2018, 05:10 PM
I would never think we would blowout kstate but I'm confident as heck about this team and staff that we will not lose to them. I'm confident that anyone that does beat us will have to bring their lunch pail. Theirs a big difference between confidence and arrogance.

Love the lunch pail, CC, every former player I have ever heard speaking about playing MSU said "They will hit you in the mouth!

Pit Bull
05-25-2018, 11:41 PM
I'll go on record and say we beat K-State 21-10.

Ari Gold
05-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Every road game this year is tough. Kentucky and Shitbirds won’t be automatic wins either.
K State is preseason top 25 -30 team
But it’s a game we should win

maroonmania
05-26-2018, 06:55 PM

Nobody is saying winning at Kansas State will be easy but if we don't win there is no way I can see us doing any better than about 8-4. Heck, just to get to 8 wins with a loss to Kansas State would require going 5-3 in the SEC. As as JoMo pointed out, we only went better than 4-4 in the SEC once in the entire 9 years of Mullen coaching.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Based on what? They didn't receive a single vote in any of the final polls last year (despite winning their bowl game). They're 44th in the preseason FPI. They don't appear in any current "way too early" top 25s - not ESPN, SBNation, Sporting News, SI, CBS, etc.

They play South Dakota in week 1, so that's not going to help them in the polls anyway. Not only will they not be ranked when we play them, they probably won't have any votes in the polls.

Every road game this year is tough. Kentucky and Shitbirds won’t be automatic wins either.
Not according to any expert, computer formula, or media organization.

There's no guarantee that we'll beat them - road games are always tough. But we are a consensus top 25 team, maybe up in the top 15, and no one's ranking Kansas State anywhere near that. We are a clear favorite with more talent at almost every position. Let's stop selling our team short.

Bully13
05-26-2018, 07:14 PM

If Fitz comes back 100% both physically and mentally, those road games should not be tough. If he does, Bamer and AU should be our only challenges. If Fitz comes back 100%, then more than 2 losses in the regular season will be disappointing. We need to go ahead now and accept this as fact. We are just too 17ing loaded not to think otherwise. We need to accept what we have right now and the past be damned.