PDA

View Full Version : Baseball notes:

MsStateBaseball
10-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Fall media day is tomorrow. If you aren't on twitter you should be, lots if info. Niblett the new PR guy said lots of stuff going out on twitter and website during practice. Practice starts on Friday. I plan on going to see them but don't know when yet. This fall us really for new guys or little used guys. Rea, Pirtle, Bradford all know their spots. I wil post notes on my blog and have a final fall write up. Plus signing day is near so those guys will be talked about.

msstate7
10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
So who's the favorite to win ss?

messageboardsuperhero
10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
So who's the favorite to win ss?

I like Hann or Pirtle. Britton and the late JUCO signee should compete for time in the infield as well.

We've got tons of good, talented options all over the field. I can't wait for these scrimmages.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I like Hann or Pirtle. Britton and the late JUCO signee should compete for time in the infield as well.

We've got tons of good, talented options all over the field. I can't wait for these scrimmages.

Your last sentence is what has me excited. When you have more and more talent, the competitions for spots get intense. That usually drives all of the guys to be better. You're right, should be fun to watch and see who emerges as your opening day starters

bully99
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
It seems like after fall practice at the end of the semester every year we always have a lot of guys that transfer. Was looking at the fall roster from 2010 and there were a number of players I don't remember ever playing here. Is it over recruiting. How many do you think will transfer at the end of the semester.

Todd4State
10-08-2013, 11:08 PM
It seems like after fall practice at the end of the semester every year we always have a lot of guys that transfer. Was looking at the fall roster from 2010 and there were a number of players I don't remember ever playing here. Is it over recruiting. How many do you think will transfer at the end of the semester.

That was Cohen's second year here. When you have a new coach, there is going to be a lot of people trying out because there is more opportunity than normal sometimes. Also, we were about to have our third straight losing season here- that causes some players to waver.

I think we're at 43 players right now. If I had to guess- probably somewhere between 3-5 will leave.

Todd4State
10-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I would say Pirtle is the early favorite for SS. But the competition is just beginning. It will probably won't be settled until sometime in the pre-SEC season.