PDA

View Full Version : IF we could not get Schloss or McDonnell...

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 07:44 AM
Who would be your top five choices in order?

Mine-
1-Tadlock
2-Corbin
3-Monte Lee
4- john savage
5-Butch

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 07:45 AM
Cliff Godwin would be #6

Bulldog1
05-24-2018, 08:08 AM
1- O'Connor
2 - Pat Casey (would be a tough pull)
3 - Tadlock
4 - Josh Holiday (don't think he'd leave his Alma mater though)
5 - Corbin

BB30
05-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Man am I ready for a hire. Seems like we have been looking at the same list over and over. With sports betting becoming a thing I sure hope the lottery in MS is right around the corner. IMO that would be just as helpful as a big time hire would be. With a Schloss or Mcdonnell and an even playing field I would have to believe we would become the premiere team in the conference and an NC would be just around the corner.

The Federalist Engineer
05-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Mine-

(1) O'Connor
(2) O'Sullivan
(3) Casey
(4) Tadlock
(5) Monte Lee

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Mine-
1-Tadlock
2-Corbin
3-Monte Lee
4- john savage
5-Butch

Wait I thought Tadlock was a lock?

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2018, 10:31 AM
On that note.... why not.. Go lay some bets guys

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?66893-WHO-Will-be-MSU-s-next-Head-Baseball-Coach

Anonymous
05-24-2018, 11:25 AM
O'Connor is a name I've been surprised not to see mentioned. Do not want Monte Lee, worry about whether or not Corbin is losing his edge, also concerned about how much of his success is due to their recruiting advantages.

And personally if it comes down to Butch or Ming, it would be hard for me not to go with Ming.

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 12:29 PM
O'Connor is a name I've been surprised not to see mentioned. Do not want Monte Lee, worry about whether or not Corbin is losing his edge, also concerned about how much of his success is due to their recruiting advantages.

And personally if it comes down to Butch or Ming, it would be hard for me not to go with Ming.

I wouldn't touch ming with a ten foot pole. His implosion this year was embarrassing

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Wait I thought Tadlock was a lock?

Dude, give it a rest. Stephen head(who is friends with both cohen and Tadlock) told a lot of people that a deal was already pretty much done.. rumor is that one of the even bigger fish contacted us with interest. I assure you Tadlock is not out of the running.

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 12:50 PM
By the way I'm working under the assumption that sully is not at all interested or he would be #1 ahead of everyone. I don't think I want Casey bc of the sex abuser he let play. O'Conner would be a good choice.

RezDog7
05-24-2018, 12:51 PM
I sure hope this is not a Gus Malzan to AR, but end up with Chad Morris type deal.

msbulldog
05-24-2018, 01:01 PM
Mine-

(1) O'Connor
(2) O'Sullivan
(3) Casey
(4) Tadlock
(5) Monte Lee

I hope it ain't O'Sullivan, because then I would have to like him and I don't think I can do that.

smootness
05-24-2018, 01:32 PM
By the way I'm working under the assumption that sully is not at all interested or he would be #1 ahead of everyone.

I don’t know about that. TCU and Louisville were FAR tougher jobs than Florida.

Homedawg
05-24-2018, 01:50 PM
Dude, give it a rest. Stephen head(who is friends with both cohen and Tadlock) told a lot of people that a deal was already pretty much done.. rumor is that one of the even bigger fish contacted us with interest. I assure you Tadlock is not out of the running.

So you listened to a rebel as your source????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahah

preachermatt83
05-24-2018, 04:01 PM
So you listened to a rebel as your source????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahah

You obviously know nothing about Stephen head.. he wanted to come here. He is still just as close of a follower of our program as he is OM. There are several scenario's where he will likely be on our staff. Tadlock being the HC is one of them.

Homedawg
05-24-2018, 04:03 PM
You obviously know nothing about Stephen head.. he wanted to come here. He is still just as close of a follower of our program as he is OM. There are several scenario's where he will likely be on our staff. Tadlock being the HC is one of them.

Well then, should I get a realtor friend to give him a call then? Nevermind, he probably already has a house here, what was I thinking.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2018, 05:20 PM

Relax preacher man I was just going on the way you were acting.

Pit Bull
05-24-2018, 09:17 PM

Mine-
1-Tadlock
2-Corbin
3-Monte Lee
4- john savage
5-Butch

My top pick is Corbin. But I don't think he would leave Nashville for Starkvegas.

Anonymous
05-25-2018, 11:16 AM
By the way I'm working under the assumption that sully is not at all interested or he would be #1 ahead of everyone. I don't think I want Casey bc of the sex abuser he let play. O'Conner would be a good choice.

Sully is not even a discussion, you can take him off the table. Not questioning what your source told you but I would be surprised to see Tadlock leave Tech, he is home.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-25-2018, 12:49 PM
#1 Shloss, #2 McDonnell or Tadlock (don't see him leaving Tech though), #3 I really don't know but it wouldn't be Corbin.

O'Connor isn't leaving UVA, Casey not leaving OSU and Savage not leaving UCLA. If it came down to Butch or Ming, I've got to go with Butch - just a top notch guy. Talked with someone year before last that was dating then and engaged now to a player on the '15-'16 team. I brought up coaches and was surprised to hear that many of the kids on the team didn't really care for Ming.

I like both Butch and Ming but hope it doesn't come down to one of those guys. I don't think it will.