PDA

View Full Version : Orlando and Disney World questions

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Thinking about going in a couple of years.

1. Can I do both Universal Studios parks in one day? Or is that biting off more than I can chew?

2. Is it worth it to do both Disney water parks?

Any other advice is appreciated.

99jc
05-23-2018, 11:05 PM
Both in one day...no
Both water parks no. Jmo

I had an office in Orlando be prepared for some 17ed up traffic and tolls out the ass.

BrunswickDawg
05-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Thinking about going in a couple of years.

1. Can I do both Universal Studios parks in one day? Or is that biting off more than I can chew?

2. Is it worth it to do both Disney water parks?

Any other advice is appreciated.

I'd say it depends. Both my kids have done both parks at Universal multiple times on school/scout trips (a bonus of living in south ga). If you only have a day, you start early and end late, and don't have small kids in tow, it's possible. It also depends on how crowded it is. That is a lot of variables to consider.

I think water parks in general are a waste of time in Orlando. There are so many other options in Orlando it seems like a wasted day.

michaelww3d6
05-24-2018, 08:11 AM
My family and I were just down there for spring break at Disney which I DON'T advise anyone to every do. While I didn't go to either Universal studio parks or the Disney water parks. I highly advise against trying to do multiple parks in one day. Also there is interstate construction going on and traffic was kinda bad, but not terrible. Going early and late is advisable. Also there is a Disney parks app that gives you wait time estimates in real time if you choose to do a park instead of both water parks.

tcdog70
05-24-2018, 11:46 AM
If you do Universal in 1 day-it will be a long day with plenty of walking. The Harry Potter World can take a while.

Liverpooldawg
05-24-2018, 01:05 PM
We managed to avoid the Disney "experience". I went when I was a kid. Thank goodness ours never wanted to go. He chose the beach or Washington DC every time he was offered Disney.

Jack Lambert
05-24-2018, 01:34 PM
I take my wife and two kids to Orlando every other year. We always take them out of school a week to do it so we don't go during a busy week. If you do that you can do both Universal Parks in a day. We have gone on spring break twice and all the other times off weeks. You cannot do both parks in one day during summer or spring break. However If you go multiple days do buy the park to park tickets. You have to have that to get on the Hog Train and your kids will learn which rides they like most and you can park hop between the two and get on the rides they like.

Cooterpoot
05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
We play a lot of ball around Orlando and have done Disney a million times. You can do 2 parks in a day, but you won't see everything and you'll need to start early and need one to be the late night park. No way to do all of Universal in a day. If you're going to go, just take a few days and do as much as you can. Don't try to cram it all in.
Traffic is hell on 4. Never stay on Disney property. Prepare to cuss a lot. Don't swim in the lakes.

Tbonewannabe
05-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Star Wars Galaxy opens in 2019 if you are a fan. I think it is a separate park so might be at least one day in itself. My wife has been several times along with a couple of times with work. She wants to go but we just haven't seemed to fit it in. I have only been to Disneyland in CA and that was before they put more work into it.

drummerdawg
05-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Skip the water parks and do Universal for 2 days

basedog
05-25-2018, 12:50 PM
I would "chirp in" but my arrogance would overwhelm you with my know it all attitude***** LMBO!

I would suggest going when school is in for kids, traffic, crowds and long lines during their busy season can make things miserable. Stay away from their resorts, get the app before you go.

Jack Lambert
05-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Skip the water parks and do Universal for 2 days

My kids turn their noses up at everything else but Universal. I love it too.

Todd4State
05-26-2018, 11:17 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input! It's helping me make some informed decisions.