PDA

View Full Version : Women's NCAA golf

RocketDawg
05-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Coverage has been on the Golf Channel for the past couple of days. They've played some really good golf, except putting is often an issue.

Question though: They're playing on Oklahoma State's course in Stillwater, and it's a very nice looking course. Is our university course that nice? I've never been there. Is it open to the public/alumni?

msbulldog
05-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Coverage has been on the Golf Channel for the past couple of days. They've played some really good golf, except putting is often an issue.

Question though: They're playing on Oklahoma State's course in Stillwater, and it's a very nice looking course. Is our university course that nice? I've never been there. Is it open to the public/alumni?

Rocket , the Bryan Family from West Point as great alum's and supporters have generously provided our golf teams with the finest golf facilities available. Please check this link:

http://hailstate.com/sports/2010/8/3/204973237.aspx

RocketDawg
05-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Rocket , the Bryan Family from West Point as great alum's and supporters have generously provided our golf teams with the finest golf facilities available. Please check this link:

http://hailstate.com/sports/2010/8/3/204973237.aspx

That is definitely impressive. I've never played there but went there when the women's US Open was there 15 or so years ago. I did not know that Old Waverly was our "home" course now. When I've come in for ball games I've seen a sign for the University course, or I guess the old one. Is it still open?

louisvilledawg
05-24-2018, 08:29 AM
That is definitely impressive. I've never played there but went there when the women's US Open was there 15 or so years ago. I did not know that Old Waverly was our "home" course now. When I've come in for ball games I've seen a sign for the University course, or I guess the old one. Is it still open?

Yes, it's still open. The course is good - not OW or Mossy Oak good - but good. However, if i were trying to decide which one to play, I would choose one of the two in west point. I came into town last year and the greens fee/cart for MSU was $80 for a full round. I think OW is $100 and is a lot nicer.

Tbonewannabe
05-24-2018, 01:42 PM

Seems like I remember the University course is also used to teach the turf and grass management program. It always seemed like they were working on it. Old Waverly is really nice. Even before the Bryans let OW become the official MSU course, I think the golf teams played there instead of the University course. They now have a first class facility built also.