PDA

View Full Version : In one month

msstate7
10-08-2013, 09:48 PM
We have a basketball game vs prairie view a&m. You guys excited about rick ray's second year? I'm really interested in how this team performs this year

Dawg61
10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm excited to see the new players and to see how much the added depth helps.

CJDAWG85
10-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Extremely interested in the growth of the players in year 2.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2013, 09:56 PM
What should we expect? I'll will deferred this one to coach 34.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 10:00 PM
We have a basketball game vs prairie view a&m. You guys excited about rick ray's second year? I'm really interested in how this team performs this year

Should be interesting. As long as they play as hard as they did last year, they will A. Be fun to watch, and B. Win more games than last year due to schedule and added depth.

engie
10-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I think we could easily sneak up to .500 level this year, maybe a little above. Should be hell on wheels on full court and perimeter defense -- but have a huge issue at the 5 where Ware is our only body. Can gameplan around that to an extent, but it is a hindrance. Looking forward to seeing what the "new" guys can do -- and the continued advancement of our core group...

Will James
10-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Meh.

chef dixon
10-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Hell yea. I think Chicken is going to breakout and be really, really good this year.

msstate7
10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm excited to see if ready is a decent pg. Having a good pg would really help ware, sword, and Thomas take their game up a level.

Dawg61
10-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Hell yea. I think Chicken is going to breakout and be really, really good this year.

I'll be watching him and Flat-Top to see which improved the most. I think those two can fuel each other into being pretty dang good. All depends on their shooting though. They have to drastically improve here.

engie
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm excited to see if ready is a decent pg. Having a good pg would really help ware, sword, and Thomas take their game up a level.

Don't forget about Jacoby Davis as well.

Given the injuries last year to guys we never got to see, there's alot of questionmarks still. We've certainly got a lot more for bodies though...

Quaoarsking
10-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Any chance of some kind of appeal on Ndoye's ineligibility?

bocfarm
10-08-2013, 11:18 PM
It was noted that he was going redshirt regardless, needs-a yr of development.

Hope he's not another Riek

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 11:24 PM

Sadly, we could use Riek right now. Ware has no back up.

Dawg61
10-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Sadly, we could use Riek right now. Ware has no back up.

No please I almost had him completely erased out of my mind till you guys brought him up again. Riek ran like a giraffe with 4 knees.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 11:41 PM
No please I almost had him completely erased out of my mind till you guys brought him up again. Riek ran like a giraffe with 4 knees.

I didn't know Giraffe's didn't have 4 knees. WhoKnew

smootness
10-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Unless he suddenly goes through a rash of injuries, I'm not sure how he would be another Reik. He's supposedly a very good athlete who can run the floor. He needs to sit out anyway to develop his offensive game and get bigger, not because he needs to heal.

MadDawg
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Don't expect much. No expectations yet.

Coach34
10-09-2013, 08:38 AM
What should we expect? I'll will deferred this one to coach 34.

I've placed this year's Over/Under at 16 wins

I think we will be improved but losing Wendell hurts our depth inside. Foul trouble in the post is gonna hurt some. But, we will have legitimate PG guard play this year, plus Sword and Flat Top will shoot it a little better. Having some depth that arent walk-ons should help a good deal also

Barking 13
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I watched the interview the other day with LL, and I seem to be more impressed with Ray every time I see him. Sharp dude... I'm excited to see chicken cut loose this year..

TheRef
10-09-2013, 09:06 AM
I think this year's team will be MUCH improved over last season's. I don't see a postseason tournament for the team this year, but if we do get one it will be the NIT at best without a host. But regardless, this team will be a much better showing of how Rick Ray is moving this team. I'm looking forward to watching games this season.

slickdawg
10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
It's amazing to me that just over one full season after Stansbury, we are down to TWO players from his regime. Walkon Tyson Cunningham and Rocquez Johnson, that's it.

C222
10-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Excited to see IJ. He's going to be a good one. Also, excited to see Ware's development but like everyone else stated, not having depth at that spot is going to hurt big time.

The coaches really like the potential of Fallou. He's far from another Reik.

BankerDog
10-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Don't be surprised to see Dre Applewhite start over Flat-Top Fred. He is a better shooter then Fred and a little bit bigger. He was suppose to play over him last year until his injury.

dickiedawg
10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm really excited for this basketball season. Obviously I don't have high expectations, but I do expect obvious improvement over last season.

Coach34
10-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Don't be surprised to see Dre Applewhite start over Flat-Top Fred. He is a better shooter then Fred and a little bit bigger. He was suppose to play over him last year until his injury.

If he starts over FTF when FTF has year of experience under his belt- then I'll be impressed.

Coach34
10-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm really excited for this basketball season. Obviously I don't have high expectations, but I do expect obvious improvement over last season.

I have expectations for this team- I expect them to play their ass off and represent the University well. They did that last year and I expect they will do that again this year

C222
10-09-2013, 10:09 AM

I don't see this happening.

Barking 13
10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
I have expectations for this team- I expect them to play their ass off and represent the University well. They did that last year and I expect they will do that again this year

++

TheRef
10-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I just wish we would bring back Hank for intros. It's just not the same without hearing "To the Hump! FORRRR HOOPS!!!"

smootness
10-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Personally, I would be shocked by this.

I thought part of the scouting on Applewhite said he wasn't a great outside shooter?

And I think Fred will be an extremely good shooter in time, he just has to learn what a good shot is. That was his main positive as a recruit.

hometowndawg
10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I just hope no one will get "Moultrie Knees" this year.

ChupacabraDawg
10-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm excited to see how they've improved. Nothing can be worse than last year so anything is better.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM

I doubt this. And if he IS a better shooter than Fred....we need to get them both on the court together because Fred was one of our creators on O last year despite being off at times to say the least. If Dre is good, then we need to run some small lineups of IJ, Chicken, FTF, Dre, and Ware, or something like that from time to time.

Coach34
10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Borchert is gonna have to give us some post minutes- so we will most assuredly go with a smaller line-up during games.

Dawg61
10-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Borchert is gonna have to give us some post minutes- so we will most assuredly go with a smaller line-up during games.

I thought Borchert made the most improvement on the team during the season. He is a tough player that isn't afraid to scrape it up and will bury an occasional 3. Valuable player imo.