PDA

View Full Version : Athlon preseason All-SEC team

bostondawg
05-23-2018, 06:35 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-football-2018-all-conference-team

Love for Aeris here, and our OL.

parabrave
05-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Tua number 1 after only one half????????? Fromm and Locke both better than him. I would put Fitz over him also but his health is an unknown.

Lord McBuckethead
05-23-2018, 08:13 PM
One pretty important half.

I seen it dawg
05-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Athlon is a joke. May as well be killaburger doing the article

99jc
05-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Tua number 1 after only one half????????? Fromm and Locke both better than him. I would put Fitz over him also but his health is an unknown.

that's bs.

Ari Gold
05-23-2018, 09:40 PM
Athlon is a joke. May as well be killaburger doing the article

They didn’t even have Jenkins listed as a Center have him 4th team OL
I guess Mr Rawlings knows some people there...

Also Abram should have made the list ..

TUSK
05-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Tua too high IMO... but, he's got a great chance to work himself into the conversation...

The absences of Anfernee Jennings DE/OLB (similar to Montez Sweat) and Terrell Lewis DE/OLB (similar to Dont'a Hightower) are puzzling, at best.

parabrave
05-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Also the omission of Eiland(sp) is telling of someone who didn't watch any games at all.

Token Bammer
05-23-2018, 10:41 PM
I know I'm being a real bammer when I say this but.....

Tua doesn't have the experience, but he is the most natural, gifted QB in the SEC. If he's healthy and puts it all together, he'll be the clear cut #1. Jmo

99jc
05-23-2018, 11:02 PM
Get the 17 outta here. What's gonna be your excuse when we beat that ASS this year.

Ezsoil
05-23-2018, 11:05 PM
I’m surprised at the number of Texas A&M players on both sides of the ball...and they still won’t be more than a 7-5 team

Pit Bull
05-23-2018, 11:10 PM
that's bs.

Fitz's injury won't gain him any accolades this year. It's going to be up to him to get his speed back and show his passing game has improved greatly. Last year, his passing was just average IMO. It has to get better for us to be at BAMA's level.

TUSK
05-23-2018, 11:27 PM
Get the 17 outta here. What's gonna be your excuse when we beat that ASS this year.

I disagree and would be happy to take that bet... how many points does an assumed "ass beatin'" get me?

bostondawg
05-24-2018, 07:33 AM
I think our LBs have something to prove this year, and this illustrates that.

Also, unrelated: can you guys imagine if Raekwon Davis would have stuck with his MSU commitment?? We would have one of the greatest DL in CFB history. I'd like to think Davis was all dawg and then Saban pulled out the ol' Men in Black memory eraser.

Bully13
05-24-2018, 07:41 AM
I think our LBs have something to prove this year, and this illustrates that.

Also, unrelated: can you guys imagine if Raekwon Davis would have stuck with his MSU commitment?? We would have one of the greatest DL in CFB history. I'd like to this Davis was all dawg and then Saban pulled out the ol' Men in Black memory eraser.

Saban has that "flashy thing" Fo Sho.

1/2 of football shouldn't make you pre-season # 1. Albeit a spectacular 1/2 on the grandest stage of college football.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2018, 08:33 AM
I know I'm being a real bammer when I say this but.....

Tua doesn't have the experience, but he is the most natural, gifted QB in the SEC. If he's healthy and puts it all together, he'll be the clear cut #1. Jmo

Are you a football scout?

Just curious what leads you to this opinion?

Why would a 6'1" lefty QB that doesn't have great speed and pushes the football with the way he throws, be the best QB in the SEC?

Lord McBuckethead
05-24-2018, 11:26 AM

Why would a 6'1" lefty QB that doesn't have great speed and pushes the football with the way he throws, be the best QB in the SEC?

Cause he is a winner. Even if only for one fantastic half of football.

Token Bammer
05-24-2018, 02:55 PM

In about 3 months or so you will get to watch his average speed and shot put like throwing ability for yourself. I'll let his play explain it for me.

Just a few short months ago Kirby was the GOAT, Saban couldn't recruit anymore, and Alabama didn't need to show up against UGA because we were going to get owned. In one half, Tua turned the Tide on the biggest stage, against the "best" coach, and the "best" team. I understand it takes more than one half of football to crown the kid a great QB, but everyone at UA knew he had all the right stuff to be great before he ever walked on the field against Georgia.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2018, 03:43 PM
In about 3 months or so you will get to watch his average speed and shot put like throwing ability for yourself. I'll let his play explain it for me.

Just a few short months ago Kirby was the GOAT, Saban couldn't recruit anymore, and Alabama didn't need to show up against UGA because we were going to get owned. In one half, Tua turned the Tide on the biggest stage, against the "best" coach, and the "best" team. I understand it takes more than one half of football to crown the kid a great QB, but everyone at UA knew he had all the right stuff to be great before he ever walked on the field against Georgia.

Whether you end up being right or not, this is just a complete homeriphic post. Your opinion is not based on your own evaluation or any thing of real substance, but rather on the opinion of others, which will always favor Bama players.

Tua may end up being an elite QB but there are flaws in his skill set that make it extremely possible that he's just average.

So take this garbage to the Bama board you homer. No one has enough information yet to declare him anything.

Thank goodness Tusk doesn't act like a complete biased homer on this board.

tireddawg
05-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Well his name is Token Bammer..

Covercorner2
05-24-2018, 04:16 PM

So.... Blind Faith.

Oh, and I am pretty sure Bama was favored against UGA.

parabrave
05-24-2018, 05:04 PM
So.... Blind Faith.

He just can't find his way home.

99jc
05-24-2018, 05:33 PM
I disagree and would be happy to take that bet... how many points does an assumed "ass beatin'" get me?

You have to first answer what you were asked a while back...did you graduate Bama or just bandwagon fan.

Token Bammer
05-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Whether you end up being right or not, this is just a complete homeriphic post. Your opinion is not based on your own evaluation or any thing of real substance, but rather on the opinion of others, which will always favor Bama players.

Tua may end up being an elite QB but there are flaws in his skill set that make it extremely possible that he's just average.

So take this garbage to the Bama board you homer. No one has enough information yet to declare him anything.

Thank goodness Tusk doesn't act like a complete biased homer on this board.

I could say the same about your opinion of Tua. "You're a MSU homer and BAMA hater. That's why you think Tua is average!" See how easy that is?

I do have evaluations of Tua as a QB, but in your initial response you more than showed that unless I was a "professional scout" my opinion wasn't going to amount to much. So what's the point in giving it?

The proof, either way, will be in the pudding and proven on the field. When I'm right, and I will be, you can chalk it up to a know nothing bammer homer getting lucky.

But I think you already know he's not average. I think you just want him to be. You have shown your blind homerism and blind dislike for BAMA over and over again. Not faulting you for that, I get it, but you are the wrong person to be calling me out for giving a "homer's" opinion.

You said my opinion is formed on the opinion of others. Ok. Fine. Let's say that it is. What does that say about your opinion? Based on your comments, I am assuming you think Tua is middle of the pack. If that's the case you are in the vast minority, and you may even stand alone in your assessment because most of the college football world, and the scouting world, expect Tua to do huge things at Alabama.

Token Bammer
05-24-2018, 06:17 PM
So.... Blind Faith.

Oh, and I am pretty sure Bama was favored against UGA.

Many on this board thought we shouldn't show up.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Many on this board thought we shouldn't show up.

There’s something about you that just rubs me wrong.

Tusk is cool and stays in his lane on this board, but your just another Bammer that for some reason feels the need to defend them on an MSU board.

Why are you here?
Bama has some of the largest message boards in college, so why do you feel the need to defend them here?

This is the same way I feel when Bo Bounds has Bama and LSU centric shows. You guys have enough attention and Outlets

Do MSU fans come on Bama boards and defend MSU? Do Birmingham and Baton Rouge radio stations focus on MSU?

No. So why do you on here?

TrapGame
05-24-2018, 10:07 PM

Tusk is cool and stays in his lane on this board, but your just another Bammer that for some reason feels the need to defend them on an MSU board.

Why are you here?
Bama has some of the largest message boards in college, so why do you feel the need to defend them here?

This is the same way I feel when Bo Bounds has Bama and LSU centric shows. You guys have enough attention and Outlets

Do MSU fans come on Bama boards and defend MSU? Do Birmingham and Baton Rouge radio stations focus on MSU?

https://i.imgur.com/4Ienvnx.gif

Ari Gold
05-24-2018, 11:26 PM

Why are you here?

Straight fire....

Token Bammer
05-25-2018, 12:10 AM

Why are you here?

I come here to read good football/SEC discussion and from time to time I post. I originally came here because I share a lot of the dislike you guys have for Ole Miss, and the NCAA story was red hot at the time. I've also always respected MSU as a program. I can always manage to have discussion with fans of other teams without issue.

I don't think I am defending BAMA as hard as you think I am. I believe it looks that way to you because BAMA is good and you dislike them. So when I say something like "Tua is elite", you get upset about it but all I've said is something true.

That's why I said "I get it" in my last post. You are a MSU fan and this is a MSU board, and I can't blame you for being a homer or disliking Alabama as much as you do, especially with all the success they've had lately. I was just pointing out that you've had some pretty over the top homer posts on this board, way more so than saying an obvious talent like Tua is elite. That's just the opinion of a bammer though.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2018, 02:13 AM
I come here to read good football/SEC discussion and from time to time I post. I originally came here because I share a lot of the dislike you guys have for Ole Miss, and the NCAA story was red hot at the time. I've also always respected MSU as a program. I can always manage to have discussion with fans of other teams without issue.

I don't think I am defending BAMA as hard as you think I am. I believe it looks that way to you because BAMA is good and you dislike them. So when I say something like "Tua is elite", you get upset about it but all I've said is something true.

That's why I said "I get it" in my last post. You are a MSU fan and this is a MSU board, and I can't blame you for being a homer or disliking Alabama as much as you do, especially with all the success they've had lately. I was just pointing out that you've had some pretty over the top homer posts on this board, way more so than saying an obvious talent like Tua is elite. That's just the opinion of a bammer though.

Please explain Tua's obvious talent. He's 6'1 with an average arm, average speed, & he pushes the football like Josh Heupel. What exactly is elite about him?

I'm not bashing him & I'm not saying he'll suck, especially considering his supporting cast, but please explain what is the "elite" part about him? From YOUR perspective, not what you've read or heard. What your eyes actually see, because that's all I give a shit about

99jc
05-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Its hard to see practices while Token Bammer is giving Tusk a reach around from their trailer park in Reform.

Token Bammer
05-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Please explain Tua's obvious talent. He's 6'1 with an average arm, average speed, & he pushes the football like Josh Heupel. What exactly is elite about him?

I'm not bashing him & I'm not saying he'll suck, especially considering his supporting cast, but please explain what is the "elite" part about him? From YOUR perspective, not what you've read or heard. What your eyes actually see, because that's all I give a shit about

His arm isn't average. It's not John Elway, in terms of velocity, but it's good. His release is quick. His accuracy is excellent. His pocket presence and ability to move around the pocket are as good as you can get for a kid at this stage. His ability to read a defense is superb. The more experience he gets the better this will continue to be and he's going to eliminate those freshman mistakes he made that ALL freshman make. Not only does he read the D extremely well, but when he drops back he gets the ball out on time with confidence and precision accuracy. He's also a leader and the players believe in him. When they knew he was getting the ball for the second half against UGA, the players came alive and knew they could win the game. They knew it because he was playing quarterback.

Remember, Tua was a true freshman last year. Every game he played in he was simply electric, including on the biggest stage in college football. The kid made plays last season that other freshman don't make. He also made a few plays (in limited action) that no one else makes. He's special. There's no doubt about. I believe he's the most talented player Alabama has had at QB since Namath, and I mean before the knee injuries Namath.

His speed isn't average either. He's not as fast as Fitz or Hurts, but he's certainly a solid runner for the college game. In every game he played in, he showed the ability to run with effectiveness, showed some quickness, and most definitely toughness. His running ability will not be the focal point of the offense (Hurts) but an addition, which is going to make his running ability all the more effective.

The Alabama offense is about to take a quantum leap forward with Tua at QB. However, we're just going to have to wait and see for ourselves to be sure.

TUSK
05-25-2018, 09:30 PM
There?s something about you that just rubs me wrong.

Why are you here?

ROW TODD! STATE SUCKS! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!******

TUSK
05-25-2018, 09:36 PM
His arm isn't average. It's not John Elway, in terms of velocity, but it's good. His release is quick. His accuracy is excellent. His pocket presence and ability to move around the pocket are as good as you can get for a kid at this stage. His ability to read a defense is superb. The more experience he gets the better this will continue to be and he's going to eliminate those freshman mistakes he made that ALL freshman make. Not only does he read the D extremely well, but when he drops back he gets the ball out on time with confidence and precision accuracy. He's also a leader and the players believe in him. When they knew he was getting the ball for the second half against UGA, the players came alive and knew they could win the game. They knew it because he was playing quarterback.

Remember, Tua was a true freshman last year. Every game he played in he was simply electric, including on the biggest stage in college football. The kid made plays last season that other freshman don't make. He also made a few plays (in limited action) that no one else makes. He's special. There's no doubt about. I believe he's the most talented player Alabama has had at QB since Namath, and I mean before the knee injuries Namath.

His speed isn't average either. He's not as fast as Fitz or Hurts, but he's certainly a solid runner for the college game. In every game he played in, he showed the ability to run with effectiveness, showed some quickness, and most definitely toughness. His running ability will not be the focal point of the offense (Hurts) but an addition, which is going to make his running ability all the more effective.

The Alabama offense is about to take a quantum leap forward with Tua at QB. However, we're just going to have to wait and see for ourselves to be sure.

Legit post.

Funny thing about all this is that it really doesn't matter who the QB is... although I believe Tua will be a HUGE upgrade from hurts...

Covercorner2
05-25-2018, 09:38 PM

delete

Token Bammer
05-25-2018, 09:57 PM
Legit post.

Funny thing about all this is that it really doesn't matter who the QB is... although I believe Tua will be a HUGE upgrade from hurts...

It appears Hurts is a goner brother and has played his last game in an Alabama uniform. I'll be shocked if he's back.

For the record, nothing has been said of any kind remotely close to official, but getting that kid from Arkansas State today, Jalen's performance at A-Day, and what Jalen's father had to say publically not all that long ago, to me, says we may be a man down come the fall.

TUSK
05-25-2018, 10:44 PM
It appears Hurts is a goner brother and has played his last game in an Alabama uniform. I'll be shocked if he's back.

For the record, nothing has been said of any kind remotely close to official, but getting that kid from Arkansas State today, Jalen's performance at A-Day, and what Jalen's father had to say publically not all that long ago, to me, says we may be a man down come the fall.

Mac could go 12-0/11-1 with this schedule.