PDA

View Full Version : In need of a ferry to the Islands

Maroonthirteen
05-23-2018, 04:58 AM
Can y?all recommend someone that would ferry me out to Horn Island Saturday and back Sunday afternoon?

I want to kayak around horn Island and spend a night.

I paddled out there from ocean springs last year. Hard to carry enough gear in a kayak alone to make it a pleasant camping experience.

Thanks!

FISHDAWG
05-23-2018, 07:48 AM
the only ferry I know of goes to Ship Island ... don't know of anything that goes to horn. That's a pretty decent workout paddling from OS

BeastMan
05-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Multiple charter guys will do it but no idea what they’d charge. Here is someone you could contact to see or get pointed in the right direction https://www.saltwatertherapycustomcharters.com

Maroonthirteen
05-23-2018, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys.

Yep. I paddled across last year. 4 hours. So by the time I got to the island, I was spent. Until the next day. Then I had to paddle back.

SpeckleDawg
05-23-2018, 03:15 PM
If you mean this weekend, you need to change plans. It's going to be nasty out there.

Like Beast said, I bet plenty of charter captains will do it for a price. There used to be a boat in LB that would do just that to Cat Island and had racks to hold a bunch of kayaks. No idea if they are still around.

Maroonthirteen
05-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Thanks speck

Offshore Dawg
05-25-2018, 10:31 AM
You better check your weather forecast I am about 70 miles south of there and we will have storms through the weekend.