PDA

View Full Version : Hey Farmers, what's yall's take these days on the Roundup Controversy?

Bully13
05-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Cancer claims are spreading like wild fire over Roundup. Back in the late 70's when I was a teenager, I spent 2 summers in the Delta on a spray rig spraying Roundup on the cuckleburs and johnson grass in the soybean and cotton fields. It was a crew of 4. One driver and 3 seats up front with 2 spray guns for each sprayer. I alternated driving at times and sitting and spraying at times. (the other 2 guys couldn't drive a tractor) I'm now 55 and no cancer. We had no masks or anything like that.

If what they say is true, I get it. But I still use the shit on my bermuda lawn when knocking out patches of dallis grass. Nothing else kills them and I'm not digging those sons of a bitches up.

Thoughts?

TUSK
05-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Cancer claims are spreading like wild fire over Roundup. Back in the late 70's when I was a teenager, I spent 2 summers in the Delta on a spray rig spraying Roundup on the cuckleburs and johnson grass in the soybean and cotton fields. It was a crew of 4. One driver and 3 seats up front with 2 spray guns for each sprayer. I alternated driving at times and sitting and spraying at times. (the other 2 guys couldn't drive a tractor) I'm now 55 and no cancer. We had no masks or anything like that.

If what they say is true, I get it. But I still use the shit on my bermuda lawn when knocking out patches of dallis grass. Nothing else kills them and I'm not digging those sons of a bitches up.

Thoughts?

Monsanto prolly already has you a check... and they can sure as shit afford it...

Nothing can be as great as that product is/was and not have some drawbacks...