4) Army
3) Baylor
2) Southern Miss

TALLAHASSEE
1) Florida State (10)
4) Saint Louis
3) Florida Atlantic
2) Mississippi State

Today they have us in FSU's regional paired with OM's regional.

MarketingBully
05-21-2018, 04:01 PM
I’d take that...

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-21-2018, 04:04 PM
We?d have a decent fan showing in Tallahassee. Last time we went there we got smashed though

MetEdDawg
05-21-2018, 04:06 PM
There's no way Ole Miss wants any part of this MSU team. Playing with absolutely nothing to lose. We should scare the shit out of them if we can find a way out of Tallahassee.

On a separate note, as a 2 seed we've got a chance to host if Ole Miss screws up in the first round. If this were to happen and we get a 2 seed, I've got to think they would give us the super over Hattiesburg. I know it's a long way off, but that's one of the benefits of being a 2 seed

LC Dawg
05-21-2018, 04:42 PM
I'm real curious to see if Southern pitches Sandlin in the first game of their regional or hold him for the second game. I'd love to see them as the #2 in Oxford and hold him to play Ole Miss in the second game.

MarketingBully
05-21-2018, 06:07 PM
There's no way Ole Miss wants any part of this MSU team. Playing with absolutely nothing to lose. We should scare the shit out of them if we can find a way out of Tallahassee.

On a separate note, as a 2 seed we've got a chance to host if Ole Miss screws up in the first round. If this were to happen and we get a 2 seed, I've got to think they would give us the super over Hattiesburg. I know it's a long way off, but that's one of the benefits of being a 2 seed

This would be Ole Miss’ nightmare scenario. I’m not even sure they would get out of the Oxford regional if USM was seeded number 2 there.

KOdawg1
05-21-2018, 06:18 PM
This would be Ole Miss’ nightmare scenario. I’m not even sure they would get out of the Oxford regional if USM was seeded number 2 there.

I was thinking the same thing. They'd probably end up facing Sandlin and have to dig themselves out of a hole for the rest of the tournament

Bully13
05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Ya mean maybe we ain't on the bubble after all like SEC Now said? Whew!! what a relief. So maybe we have a chance?

https://s7.postimg.cc/nhwia6d2j/Jim_Carey.gif

Jack Lambert
05-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Ya mean maybe we ain't on the bubble after all like SEC Now said? Whew!! what a relief. So maybe we have a chance?

https://s7.postimg.cc/nhwia6d2j/Jim_Carey.gif

I have not watched the SEC network out side of a State baseball game or basketball game since football season. I am done with those clowns. PF has to go. He makes that channel a clown show.

BiscuitEater
05-21-2018, 08:56 PM

'What if' both #2 seeds won, MSU and USM .. who hosts SR?

Bully13
05-21-2018, 09:54 PM

I would lay odds on USM. Overall, they'd get it due to their record unless they 2 and q'd in their conf tourney and we made a deep run. JMO.

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2018, 10:06 PM
I feel like we have played in Tallahassee like 20 times

CadaverDawg
05-21-2018, 10:29 PM
I feel like we are playing with house money, so I wish we could say "F It, put us, OM, USM, & JSU in a Regional together", and let's see who comes out standing to represent our State.

Quaoarsking
05-21-2018, 10:36 PM

Whoever the Committee sees as the "better" 2 seed.

Theoretically that ought to be the one that played at the worse-seeded Regional host, but it doesn't always work that way thanks to the bracket design. We hosted in 2007 against Clemson (both of us were 2 seeds) despite having won the Regional at Florida State, the #6 national seed.

My assumption is that it's very likely to be us. Our RPI is a lot better than theirs.

MarketingBully
05-22-2018, 09:55 AM
I think we beat the corndogs tonight but we will face Singer tomorrow and the Gators will be out for blood. I say our best case is 2-2 this week. That puts us at 33-26. Is that good enough to lock up a 2 seed somewhere that is not a national seed?

MarketingBully
05-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Whoever the Committee sees as the "better" 2 seed.

Theoretically that ought to be the one that played at the worse-seeded Regional host, but it doesn't always work that way thanks to the bracket design. We hosted in 2007 against Clemson (both of us were 2 seeds) despite having won the Regional at Florida State, the #6 national seed.

My assumption is that it's very likely to be us. Our RPI is a lot better than theirs.

If it were to come to that and we were both the same seed rank, it would go to us. If tie goes to everything else, it will end up being the better bid and you have to think we will obliterate their bid.

Hambone
05-22-2018, 10:06 AM
My Ole Miss buddy is dreading Southern coming to their regional. He said they want no part of them anymore.

Todd4State
05-22-2018, 11:09 AM
I think we beat the corndogs tonight but we will face Singer tomorrow and the Gators will be out for blood. I say our best case is 2-2 this week. That puts us at 33-26. Is that good enough to lock up a 2 seed somewhere that is not a national seed?

Singer is probably out for the SEC Tournament.

Todd4State
05-22-2018, 11:10 AM
My Ole Miss buddy is dreading Southern coming to their regional. He said they want no part of them anymore.

Why? They beat them twice and it will be in Oxford?

MarketingBully
05-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Singer is probably out for the SEC Tournament.

If they don’t start Singer, I could see us beating them a fourth time. The way we are hitting it’s going to take an arm like Singer to shut us down. I could see us going 3-1 and getting to Saturday. I just think we will run out of pitching after that. That would put us at what 34-25? That should seal up a 2 seed in a non-national seed’s regional which is okay by me.