PDA

View Full Version : Monte lee

preachermatt83
05-21-2018, 01:35 PM
If I could not get schloss, McDonnell, or Tadlock... my fourth guy would be monte lee... he is the real deal. There is a guy on FB swearing monte is the guy. I still think it's one of the other three but I would be pumped with monte.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2018, 01:42 PM
I'm afraid too many of our fans have convinced themselves it's Schloss or McDonnell, so they'll be disappointed with anything else....however Lee would be solid, and Cohen will hire the guy who he thinks is the best "fit", not just the biggest name that wants it..... And I'm 100% cool with that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-21-2018, 01:51 PM
I don't care who it is as long as they recruit players that can knock it the hell out of the park with consistency for a whole season.

Bully13
05-21-2018, 01:52 PM
It will not be Lee because Cohen has said our new coach has been to Omaha several times.

confucius say
05-21-2018, 02:50 PM
It will not be Lee because Cohen has said our new coach has been to Omaha several times.

Lee has been to Omaha more than once. As an assistant at USCe.

Cohen didn't say the new coach had been to Omaha as a head coach.

Oh, and Lee would be a great choice if we could get him

Cooterpoot
05-21-2018, 02:54 PM
It's not Lee.

deadheaddawg
05-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Lee has been to Omaha more than once. As an assistant at USCe.

Cohen didn't say the new coach had been to Omaha as a head coach.

Oh, and Lee would be a great choice if we could get him

He didn't say he has been to the CWS as a head coach, but Cohen isn't stupid. He would not throw out the CWS experience and say hall of fame coaches are interested.

He's not going to intentionally raise the expectations of the fan base only to disappoint the fans and go....well technically he has been to the CWS as an assistant

Bully13
05-21-2018, 03:06 PM
It's not Lee.

I hope you are right Cooter because I went and checked the OOB thread Shotgun posted and Confucious was right in that Cohen didn't specifically say our soon to be HC had actual HC experience in Omaha. Lee is a good coach but the best HC year was at College of Charleston where he took them to a SR. He's got 2 full years under his belt at Clemson and didn't make it to a SR in either one of them.
They are however having another 40 plus win regular season for the 3rd year in a row though. Getting College of Charleston to a SR is impressive though and I'm sure that helped propell him to his current gig

graddawg
05-21-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm afraid too many of our fans have convinced themselves it's Schloss or McDonnell, so they'll be disappointed with anything else....however Lee would be solid, and Cohen will hire the guy who he thinks is the best "fit", not just the biggest name that wants it..... And I'm 100% cool with that.

Agreed. If Cannizaro had been fired at the end of the season, and Lee hired a week later, I believe he would universally be considered a fantastic hire. Unfortunately, we've had an entire season to convince ourselves that we're hiring a Top-5 coach. Hopefully it happens.

msbulldog
05-22-2018, 06:12 AM
Monte Lee ain't leaving South Carolina, home boy.

Bully13
05-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Agreed. If Cannizaro had been fired at the end of the season, and Lee hired a week later, I believe he would universally be considered a fantastic hire. Unfortunately, we've had an entire season to convince ourselves that we're hiring a Top-5 coach. Hopefully it happens.

Listen to DeadHead.

smootness
05-22-2018, 08:32 AM

I would completely agree with you (and I do agree that Lee would be a good hire and Cohen will get it right regardless), except for what Cohen himself has said. Deadhead is right, if Cohen comes out saying the things he has said and then has to backtrack and confirm that what he said is accurate based on a technicality, then he is way less competent than I thought and would deserve the scorn he would get from the fanbase.

It will be a massive hire, almost certainly either Schlossnagle or McDonnell. Cohen has laid that out pretty clearly.

graddawg
05-22-2018, 09:45 AM
Listen to DeadHead.

Count me in as a Cohen believer

Bully13
05-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Count me in as a Cohen believer

Yep, he (Deadhead) settled me down too. Lee's a damned good coach and most any team would be glad to have that guy. It's amazing what this coaching search has done to the MSU fan's expectations.