PDA

View Full Version : Hendersoned

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 03:33 PM
31-21 after taking over after a 3 game sweep. Ballpark under construction so limited practice. Team wondering what the hell after the season due to Cann. Henderson takes over and holds the flight path through turbulence. Tell me how you land this plane any better than he did. Remember all decisions don?t turn out right. It goes both ways. No I don?t have a love affair for the coach or decisions but did he not get the results?

Jacksondevildog
05-20-2018, 04:01 PM
He got the results and we will have a new coach in a few weeks.

KOdawg1
05-20-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm thankful for what he's done. I don't think anyone is saying different.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:08 PM
yep and I’m good with the change upcoming. I want and expect that but never understood people questioning every decision he made that didn’t turn out to our liking!

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:11 PM
I'm thankful for what he's done. I don't think anyone is saying different.

Seriously the game threads were unbearable talking about us Hendersoning. Hell it was many innings in a 3 game sweep of Florida

msstate7
05-20-2018, 04:14 PM
yep and I’m good with the change upcoming. I want and expect that but never understood people questioning every decision he made that didn’t turn out to our liking!

Pretty sure that happens to every baseball coach we've had here since the site started. I know I do it a lot, and it isn't always fair...

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Kind of Off Topic- But you know, It wouldn't be a bad idea to move game threads to a private sub-forum after the game so that it would no longer be open to the public.

But if you don't like the game threads, just don't read them.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:20 PM
He has done an admirable job. Kids are riding high right now but honestly I'm giving Gautreau just as much if not more credit. He turned these hitters around which turned our season. It's not like henderson has stopped hendersoning...bullpen yesterday do we need a reminder of...

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Kind of Off Topic- But you know, It wouldn't be a bad idea to move game threads to a private sub-forum after the game so that it would no longer be open to the public.

Duly noted. Motion denied.

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 04:24 PM
He has done a great job with holding the team together, but I have to question quite a few of his decisions. All in all, we're peaking right now and I am fully behind this entire clubhouse!

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 04:28 PM
It's like if you give Henderson credit for something you're campaigning for him to get the job in some way.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:34 PM
It's like if you give Henderson credit for something you're campaigning for him to get the job in some way.

I haven't read that into anything. I see it as no one has defended the guy much if any until we beat fla.then out the woodwork a few come. Where were they when we sucked and he couldn't get out of his own way in his decisions. Decisions he still hasn't stopped making. I can't believe anyone would think he would be our next HC. Even if we won it all.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Pretty sure that happens to every baseball coach we've had here since the site started. I know I do it a lot, and it isn't always fair...

Those coaches were hired way before a season started and were paid a helluva lot more and didn’t deal with what he did. I just think the hate was ridiculous and my defense was kind of meant to be ridiculous. He’s gone at the end of the year and should be but don’t crap on him constantly. And yes I know most didn’t but to the few that did I hope I got on their nerves as bad as they did mine. Don’t agree with their way of bein a fan no more than they agree with mine

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 04:38 PM
I haven't read that into anything. I see it as no one has defended the guy much if any until we beat fla.then out the woodwork a few come. Where were they when we sucked and he couldn't get out of his own way in his decisions. Decisions he still hasn't stopped making. I can't believe anyone would think he would be our next HC. Even if we won it all.

They are on Genespage. Lol.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 04:43 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but it's like people choose anybody else to give credit to but him. He was getting all the blame when he was losing but we win 12 out of 17 & it's the players this or Geatrau that. It's ok to acknowledge he's done a good job of keeping the car between the ditches when it could've been a terrible fiery crash. I definitely don't think he should be the coach but I can say he's done a great job of leading this team to a potential 2 seed in a regional. Some are having problems doing that much.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 04:47 PM
They are on Genespage. Lol.

are you serious? Do they not know we've already got a coach in waiting ?

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 04:51 PM
are you serious? Do they not know we've already got a coach in waiting ?

Dead serious. It's hilarious.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but it's like people choose anybody else to give credit to but him. He was getting all the blame when he was losing but we win 12 out of 17 & it's the players this or Geatrau that. It's ok to acknowledge he's done a good job of keeping the car between the ditches when it could've been a terrible fiery crash. I definitely don't think he should be the coach but I can say he's done a great job of leading this team to a potential 2 seed in a regional. Some are having problems doing that much.

Amen!!!!This is my only point and I was irritating making this exact point! Why the hate to be right. Instead of letting go of the rope why not pull and support the team and coach in a difficult time. It has to be tough without the constant bashing. With that I will shut up. I apologize but felt it needed to be said! And by the way I know I get on nerves cause I will be married 25 years in June!!

notsofarawaydawg
05-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Some of these guys on here are just here to criticize every coach at MSU. Their life isn't complete unless they drag a coach through the mud over and over. Henderson is just another victim of their "big tough man syndrome behind the keyboard" and they are always on here but never have their butt in a seat at the games. Henderson INHERITED what he has had to deal with this year and did a damn good job considering the circumstances that fell in his lap. Some of you can just go **** yourself.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Dead serious. It's hilarious.

Welp, there you go. That's just total emotion with no logic or long term vision. Question for those who know more than me: Did anyone notice one of our batters last night strike out on a God Awful pitch in the dirt 2.5 feet off the plate looking like a crippled wash woman?
When the batter arrived back to the dugout, Henderson didn't say anything to him or even make eye contact with him. Is that normal?

I will say though that after our 1st 3 SEC series, we were 2-7. Finishing .500 after that kinda start is impressive. We sure as shit improved and let's see what these boys can do at Hoover and the regional!

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Amen!!!!This is my only point and I was irritating making this exact point! Why the hate to be right. Instead of letting go of the rope why not pull and support the team and coach in a difficult time. It has to be tough without the constant bashing. With that I will shut up. I apologize but felt it needed to be said! And by the way I know I get on nerves cause I will be married 25 years in June!!

I want to make it be known that Henderson has made plenty of decisions that deserved criticism this season. He's in no way a perfect coach. He took the blame when things were going bad just give him some due now that season has turned around. Nothing more nothing less.

shoeless joe
05-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Exactly

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 05:02 PM
I want to make it be known that Henderson has made plenty of decisions that deserved criticism this season. He's in no way a perfect coach. He took the blame when things were going bad just give him some due now that season has turned around. Nothing more nothing less.
I'll give him some credit. Good job, Coach! He has manned up and taken blame this year- and I respect that.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 05:06 PM

My point of the whole thread. I respect what he’s done. Disagreed a lot but he did a manager job after being the pitching coach for the first 3 games. Pay probably went up but no where near what Cann made I’m sure and he did his job. I’m looking forward to our future coaching staff but I respect and support what’s goin on now even though I don’t always agree with his decisions

Jacksondevildog
05-20-2018, 05:12 PM
He was the head coach at Kentucky before we hired him. It?s not like he was flipping pizzas at Pizza Hut when we called. He?s done fine. Good and bad decisions were made. When your talent level is higher than ours, the bad ones aren?t noticed nearly as much.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 05:14 PM
I respect Schaefer,Howland and Henderson because I believe they put our teams at a high priority and respect and love their opportunities. I believe Moorhead can be that way but I will never think Mullen had our best interest at heart. It’s ok to move on but a coach should love and respect his players and program. Henderson has Mullen not so much

shoeless joe
05-20-2018, 05:18 PM
Folks have spent a lot of time and energy telling us how terrible he is. now that we are .500 in the league, have a 9-1 record versus top 3 teams, and are safely in a regional they have to justify those two things. In order to do that they tell us what a great job other coaches have done. It's really that simple. On line egos won't let anyone admit that, while he's never gonna be a top tier coach, Henderson did a damn good job with the hand he was dealt...and I maintain, as I said day 1, we were lucky to have him available to step into that spot in that situation.

Happens a lot around here. Folks make up their mind about something that either a) they don't know anything about, or b) before enough time has been given to make an informed decision; and from that point on they have to give "facts" that support their initial assumption that wasn't entirely correct. This is when facts and stats get twisted and agendas are formed. This ain't the first time and won't be the last.

basedog
05-20-2018, 05:36 PM

You are correct. I also am not nor have I ever said he should be our Coach next year.
Henderson does and has made questionable decisions, so what the results speak for themselves especially if we get a 2 seed but a 3 seed to be is the same in the opening rounds for NCAA tourney. As for as Sec Tourney, not much difference in say the last 8 teams.

Now back to this PlayStation game someone sent me with an invitation to join their club****. LMBO

Btw Ifyouonlyknew, I will share some recruiting info with you on several recruits and committed players in the future. Timing isn't good right now but let's say I do have inside info and my source I know well!

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 05:37 PM
You are correct. I also am not nor have I ever said he should be our Coach next year.
Henderson does and has made questionable decisions, so what the results speak for themselves especially if we get a 2 seed but a 3 seed to be is the same in the opening rounds for NCAA tourney. As for as Sec Tourney, not much difference in say the last 8 teams.

Now back to this PlayStation game someone sent me with an invitation to join their club****. LMBO

Btw Ifyouonlyknew, I will share some recruiting info with you on several recruits and committed players in the future. Timing isn't good right now but let's say I do have inside info and my source I know well!

Sounds good just message me.

basedog
05-20-2018, 05:47 PM
Sounds good just message me.

Will do, they are all undergraduates, special interest.

confucius say
05-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Thread is weird. I posted over a month ago Gautreau deserves a ton of credit for what he is doing offensively and the bond he has developed with the kids. Hindu has said Jake G. runs the offense.

Then I have posted three times since Friday that Hindu has done a good job with maturity, mindset, and keeping the car in the road. ISID exact response was "I am on board with this."

In short, the people who have criticized Hindu's horrible in game management and personnel decisions have given him credit for keeping the car out of the ditch. So what is the point in this thread again?

confucius say
05-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Folks have spent a lot of time and energy telling us how terrible he is. now that we are .500 in the league, have a 9-1 record versus top 3 teams, and are safely in a regional they have to justify those two things. In order to do that they tell us what a great job other coaches have done. It's really that simple. On line egos won't let anyone admit that, while he's never gonna be a top tier coach, Henderson did a damn good job with the hand he was dealt...and I maintain, as I said day 1, we were lucky to have him available to step into that spot in that situation.

Happens a lot around here. Folks make up their mind about something that either a) they don't know anything about, or b) before enough time has been given to make an informed decision; and from that point on they have to give "facts" that support their initial assumption that wasn't entirely correct. This is when facts and stats get twisted and agendas are formed. This ain't the first time and won't be the last.

Fake news. There have been at least 3 threads started on here, the first by me, over the last 45 days about Jake G. and how liked he is by the guys and the technical improvements offensively he has implemented. People didn't just start that narrative now that we are winning.

LC Dawg
05-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Because of the timing of things there were only two viable candidates for the job and one of them would have had to given up a lot of his duties as our athletic director. We were lucky to have Henderson on our bench when the shit hit the fan. All coaches are going to get criticized by fans but I think if you told us all after the USM series that we would be in a regional I think we would gladly have taken it.

shoeless joe
05-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Fake news. There have been at least 3 threads started on here, the first by me, over the last 45 days about Jake G. and how liked he is by the guys and the technical improvements offensively he has implemented. People didn't just start that narrative now that we are winning.

You are correct. I recall a couple of those threads. Still doesn't change the fact that several more threads/posts have been made recently giving all the credit to gotro as a way to throw shade on the job Henderson has done. But I will admit that there are some that have stated his positive affect on this team for some time.

Just like, while I appreciate and admire the job Henderson has done I do not think he should be our head coach next yr.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Thread is weird. I posted over a month ago Gautreau deserves a ton of credit for what he is doing offensively and the bond he has developed with the kids. Hindu has said Jake G. runs the offense.

Then I have posted three times since Friday that Hindu has done a good job with maturity, mindset, and keeping the car in the road. ISID exact response was "I am on board with this."

In short, the people who have criticized Hindu's horrible in game management and personnel decisions have given him credit for keeping the car out of the ditch. So what is the point in this thread again?

Thank you for clearing up some selective memory

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 10:19 PM

Rep given......I agree with all you said. Unfortunately that also includes what is in Bold.

Commercecomet24
05-20-2018, 10:35 PM
While Henderson has definitely made some head scratching decisions, I respect the man for keeping the train on the tracks. May only be a handful of people in the country who would've been able to keep this together and help this team progress and get better with the hand he was dealt. I think him beibg older and more mature definitely was a calming influence this team needed with what all went down. I do not want him as our next head coach but respect him and appreciate what he's done with this team when most guys would've been actively hunting other jobs. Very comparable to the job Coach Knox did with the football team. Appreciate all they did but want a better coach for that HC position.

This has been one of my favorite teams of all time. No quit, all fight and big hearts. Credit to Coach Henderson, Coach Gaetreau, the staff and the leaders in that dugout! Let's go win a few more!

Todd4State
05-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Hendersoning to me just means a wacky baseball decision. Some of his worked out. Some have been less than desireable. In a way to me it's humorous.

As far as this year it sort of reminds me a little bit of a Polk II season. Let's hope it finishes like 2007.

Todd4State
05-21-2018, 12:17 AM
While Henderson has definitely made some head scratching decisions, I respect the man for keeping the train on the tracks. May only be a handful of people in the country who would've been able to keep this together and help this team progress and get better with the hand he was dealt. I think him beibg older and more mature definitely was a calming influence this team needed with what all went down. I do not want him as our next head coach but respect him and appreciate what he's done with this team when most guys would've been actively hunting other jobs. Very comparable to the job Coach Knox did with the football team. Appreciate all they did but want a better coach for that HC position.

This has been one of my favorite teams of all time. No quit, all fight and big hearts. Credit to Coach Henderson, Coach Gaetreau, the staff and the leaders in that dugout! Let's go win a few more!

I think the players deserve a lot of credit too. They have overcome a lot as a group. That's not to take away from any coaches including Henderson. I don't think very many of any other SEC teams would have been able to endure and succeed like we have this year. We should have had a losing season just because of the situation that we were facing. But we overcame a lot and now we're close to a lock for a regional.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2018, 12:50 AM
I think the players deserve a lot of credit too. They have overcome a lot as a group. That's not to take away from any coaches including Henderson. I don't think very many of any other SEC teams would have been able to endure and succeed like we have this year. We should have had a losing season just because of the situation that we were facing. But we overcame a lot and now we're close to a lock for a regional.

No question about it. This is one of my favorite teams of all time because of their refusal to quit and how they've overcome adversity. How people handle adversity tells me a lot about their character. Things are easy when it's going well but how do you respond when things get tough. I think these kids have answered that.

The Federalist Engineer
05-21-2018, 05:47 AM
Seriously the game threads were unbearable talking about us Hendersoning. Hell it was many innings in a 3 game sweep of Florida

That's just us Bulldog fans. We also used to say "meddler" and "Cohenz" and "meddler gonna meddle"

Bully13
05-21-2018, 07:37 AM

Could someone please explain as to why we are now just "close" to a lock for a regional? I heard the same bullshit on SEC Now after our sweep of UF. Based on our RPI, a shitload of quality wins against top 10 teams, starting 2-7 in our 1st three SEC series yet go on to finish .500 in the conference while finishing the season with a sweep of the current champions of Omaha who had not lost a SEC series since April of last year much less getting swept? I'm having a hard time figuring out how we are not already a lock even if we go winless in Hoover.

dickiedawg
05-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Yeah, we?re a lock for the postseason.

shannondawg
05-21-2018, 08:07 AM

So the posters won't look like idiots? Good idea.

basedog
05-21-2018, 09:15 AM

+1

Surely you will get a PlayStation, I heard it’s flawless!

yjnkdawg
05-21-2018, 09:42 AM

As long as some are making posts and getting attention, I don't think they care where they look like idiots or not.

Cooterpoot
05-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Nothing wrong with fans questioning coaching decisions during a game. That's nothing new and there's nothing wrong with it. I see a lot of people trying to beat their chests that they were right in this thread, when they weren't. They're just taking an opportunity to try to justify their positions. Same ones that always go after posters that don't have the same opinion as them. Move along...our kids grew up and our coach held it together until they did. Not hard to figure it out.
Still doesn't mean he didn't do some really stupid stuff and some great stuff too.

Todd4State
05-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Could someone please explain as to why we are now just "close" to a lock for a regional? I heard the same bullshit on SEC Now after our sweep of UF. Based on our RPI, a shitload of quality wins against top 10 teams, starting 2-7 in our 1st three SEC series yet go on to finish .500 in the conference while finishing the season with a sweep of the current champions of Omaha who had not lost a SEC series since April of last year much less getting swept? I'm having a hard time figuring out how we are not already a lock even if we go winless in Hoover.

I say close because you never know what the committee will do.

Bulldog1
05-22-2018, 09:59 PM
Why did we wait until the 8th down 3 to bring Self in?
I really don't know.

preachermatt83
05-22-2018, 11:45 PM
I really don't know.

Because...Henderson

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 02:04 AM
I really don't know.

Henderson obviously likes to try to save the bullpen. I think that's why he leaves Pilkington out to rot every Friday- because he knows that he has two more games. The problem with that is you have to manage a game based on the situation at the moment and then figure out the bullpen after the fact.

shoeless joe
05-23-2018, 08:38 AM
Henderson obviously likes to try to save the bullpen. I think that's why he leaves Pilkington out to rot every Friday- because he knows that he has two more games. The problem with that is you have to manage a game based on the situation at the moment and then figure out the bullpen after the fact.

Baseball is a different animal...you ALWAYS hafta have an eye on the next nite in regards to pitching. Not sayin you are wrong about Henderson leaving guys in but the "win tonite and worry about the rest later" attitude does not lend itself to sustained success.