PDA

View Full Version : If it's Schloss

msstate7
05-20-2018, 12:07 PM
How soon could he be announced? Tcu plays Texas tech Wednesday, and that could be the end of tcu's season. Once the field for the tournament field is announced and most likely tcu isn't in it, could we announce schloss before our season ends? Not real sure if it's proper to wait or not with an interim coach

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 12:09 PM
We won't announce until our season is over.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 12:12 PM

Is this confirmed? We announced Moorhead before season was over

bostondawg
05-20-2018, 12:12 PM

This, probably.

bostondawg
05-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Cohen likely won't announce until our season is over, but I do think that it'll leak out once [our new coach's] season is over.

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Is this confirmed? We announced Moorhead before season was over

Speculation. I just don't see us announcing while we're in a regional.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 12:16 PM
I would really like to have our coach in place before the mlb draft (June 4th). I realize this might not be possible and I certainly don't wanna get the wrong guy by not being patient, but i would like this

MetEdDawg
05-20-2018, 12:17 PM
It would be a distraction to announce while we are still playing. With football it's different because of how long there was between the announcement and the bowl game. We had over a month to process that hire. We would be right in the middle of regionals and Hoover if we announced now.

tireddawg
05-20-2018, 12:19 PM
How soon could he be announced? Tcu plays Texas tech Wednesday, and that could be the end of tcu's season. Once the field for the tournament field is announced and most likely tcu isn't in it, could we announce schloss before our season ends? Not real sure if it's proper to wait or not with an interim coach

Not if.

tireddawg
I would really like to have our coach in place before the mlb draft (June 4th). I realize this might not be possible and I certainly don't wanna get the wrong guy by not being patient, but i would like this

Very possible.

Bully13
I think out of respect for Henderson, we'll wait till OURS is over before Cohen makes it "official". I'm hoping that Henderson has no desire in our gig just on a personal basis. My gut tells me he would does not want it. I would hate to see us make a deep run and him wanting to remain the MSU skipper though.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 12:24 PM
It would be a distraction to announce while we are still playing. With football it's different because of how long there was between the announcement and the bowl game. We had over a month to process that hire. We would be right in the middle of regionals and Hoover if we announced now.
I can see that, but it's been a distraction all season. If we have it lined up with a coach the caliber of schloss, I pull the trigger as soon as I can. Florida thought they had chip kelly, and then UCLA ended up swooping in. I don't see a better job than us opening up out there, but UCLA isn't a better job than Florida in football either.

AlSwearengen
05-20-2018, 12:34 PM
If it is Schlossnagle, I wouldn’t mind hearing about it as much as possible. During the SEC tournament, regionals, and so on. It could be good advertisement.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 12:42 PM
I'd announce it as soon as possible due to the MLB draft & the new coach needing all the time possible to create relationships.

I get that that isn't fair to Gary, but tough. We have to do what is in the best interest of long term of the program & that is to announce this hire ASAP

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 12:44 PM
If it is Schlossnagle, I wouldn’t mind hearing about it as much as possible. During the SEC tournament, regionals, and so on. It could be good advertisement.

This!!!!

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 12:56 PM
I'd announce it as soon as possible due to the MLB draft & the new coach needing all the time possible to create relationships.

I get that that isn't fair to Gary, but tough. We have to do what is in the best interest of long term of the program & that is to announce this hire ASAP

And John Cohen will make that decision. Cohen is not going to do anything to embarrass or make Henderson look bad, and that's the way it should be.

TNDawg35
05-20-2018, 01:15 PM
I have a feeling a lot of the recruits already know where Cohen is leaning. That's why we haven't really lost anyone.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Why wouldn’t we announce when the other team’s season is over and not ours? Gary ain’t getting the job no matter what he does so how is it a distraction on our season? If anything, it would be something exciting especially if we announce Schloss and Gautreau is staying. If we aren’t announcing we sure as shit better lock down one of the big two after their season is over.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:24 PM
And John Cohen will make that decision. Cohen is not going to do anything to embarrass or make Henderson look bad, and that's the way it should be.

He knows he isn’t getting the job. Announcing his successor isn’t embarrassing him. Gary’s a professional. He knows what’s going to happen.

Todd4State
05-20-2018, 01:28 PM
I thought Cohen said that he would wait until our season and the new coach's season is over? Maybe I interpreted it wrong.

It wouldn't just be a distraction to Henderson- it could potentially be a distraction to the team.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:29 PM

I’d name him as soon as TCU is out of the Big 12 tournament. Max exposure for us and huge buzz for next year. We would be the talk of college baseball and Cohen would be looked at as a genius for pulling it off.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:31 PM
I thought Cohen said that he would wait until our season and the new coach's season is over? Maybe I interpreted it wrong.

It wouldn't just be a distraction to Henderson- it could potentially be a distraction to the team.

So basically you are looking at the short term on our season. Okay. You realize the draft is between the regionals and the supers right? If we don’t have a coach by then, then it starts to effect next year.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Disagree

I think it would be fine.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:33 PM
How is it a distraction if everyone already knows no matter what Henderson isn’t getting the job! Logic is lost on people I suppose.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Well one thing it won’t be a distraction to Henderson cause I bet he knows. But the players might. Either way it gives several a reason to say we Hendersoned the season if we don’t go to Omaha. And that will happen however Cohen decides to handle this

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Disagree

I think it would be fine.

And this is reason number one of many of why I am sooo glad that you aren't calling the shots on our coaching search.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 01:45 PM
And this is reason number one of many of why I am sooo glad that you aren't calling the shots on our coaching search.

And if Cohen announced schloss before season is over will you criticize him?

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:47 PM
How is it a distraction if everyone already knows no matter what Henderson isn’t getting the job! Logic is lost on people I suppose.

Cohen respects and thinks highly of Henderson and he is not going to do anything to embarrass or hurt him.

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:49 PM
And if Cohen announced schloss before season is over will you criticize him?

Cohen is making the decision on this hire, and I am confident in what Cohen does. So that should answer your question.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Cohen respects and thinks highly of Henderson and he is not going to do anything to embarrass or hurt him.

Cohen has already stated the new coach has multiple CWS, so everyone knows it isn't Henderson and Henderson isn't being considered.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Cohen is making the decision on this hire, and I am confident in what Cohen does. So that should answer your question.

So you're glad shotgun isn't in charge bc he would announce schoss immediately. If Cohen announces schloss immediately though, great decision

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:52 PM

I do believe that you are 100% correct.

MetEdDawg
05-20-2018, 01:56 PM
You guys do know we can tell the players and recruits without going public with the information right? You can worry about he draft all you want but if we want people to know all we do is tell them if it's done. That's not that hard.

We don't need to make a public announcement yet. Kids will get bombarded by questions while they should be focusing on winning games. You can tell them privately and let them know but you don't have to make it public.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 01:58 PM
I don't think it will be announced by MSU until our season & the new coaches season is over. It will be leaked before then. IMO you respect this team & what they're trying to accomplish by not announcing until their year is over. They shouldn't be in regionals or Supers having to talk about a coach they've never dealt with.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 01:59 PM
You guys do know we can tell the players and recruits without going public with the information right? You can worry about he draft all you want but if we want people to know all we do is tell them if it's done. That's not that hard.

Would schloss want to do that to TCU though? He's been there 15 years. You think he wants to string them along while rumors are swirling? If he tells TCU, they're gonna wanna get the search underway

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 02:02 PM
DELETE

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Would schloss want to do that to TCU though? He's been there 15 years. You think he wants to string them along while rumors are swirling? If he tells TCU, they're gonna wanna get the search underway

It’s going to leak no matter what happens precisely for the reasons you mention above and it won’t be from us. So the distraction is going to be there no matter what.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2018, 02:05 PM
You dont announce until your season is over.

This team is playing too well right now to throw a wrench in the way.

Let it be.

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Cohen has already stated the new coach has multiple CWS, so everyone knows it isn't Henderson and Henderson isn't being considered.

LOL I didn't say anything about Henderson being considered for our new HC. It was in reference to a comment about Cohen announcing the new HC before our season is over. Cohen won't but as was said earlier that it will probably leak out at some point in time . Go ahead and make your comment and you can get the last comment in as you normally do. Bye

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 02:41 PM
You dont announce until your season is over.

This team is playing too well right now to throw a wrench in the way.

Let it be.

Sure, but the distraction will be there because the team who’s coach we are taking will leak it.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Sure, but the distraction will be there because the team who’s coach we are taking will leak it.

That's what I don't get. Our fans say we should leak it to recruits, but wait till the season is over out of respect for Henderson. By doing that way, you would be putting schloss in a terrible position. His current employer of 15 years, would be wanting the truth... we expect schloss to lie to them the whole time so we can respect Henderson? You either have to keep it completely hush hush till our season is over (no telling players or commits) or you just make the hire when TCU's season is over. I would rather make the hire and have schloss talk to commits predraft. I don't how this will be handled and not saying it's wrong either way... my preference is to strike quickly though

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 02:56 PM
That's what I don't get. Our fans say we should leak it to recruits, but wait till the season is over out of respect for Henderson. By doing that way, you would be putting schloss in a terrible position. His current employer of 15 years, would be wanting the truth... we expect schloss to lie to them the whole time so we can respect Henderson? You either have to keep it completely hush hush till our season is over (no telling players or commits) or you just make the hire when TCU's season is over. I would rather make the hire and have schloss talk to commits predraft. I don't how this will be handled and not saying it's wrong either way... my preference is to strike quickly though

Mine too 7 mine too. But you can blame MLB for some of this shit. Having their draft when they do when the college baseball season is still going on tells you all you need to know what the MLB thinks of college baseball even though college baseball actually has been great for MLB. The MLB product would suck balls if all they drafted were high school kids.

AlSwearengen
05-20-2018, 03:47 PM
If we were able to announce it the day after tcu?s season is over, I imagine tcu knows by now. I think ifyouonlyknew is correct. No official announcement by the school, but it will be out there. Cohen will let the players know with instructions on how to handle it. If it is a big time ?shock the world? hire, the players will be pumped and looking to send Henderson out on as good of a note they can. Lots of good momentum.

MetEdDawg
05-20-2018, 04:26 PM

I don't care about it in regards to Henderson. I care about it in regards to our players having to deal with this publicly at the current moment. Having to answer questions and deal with all that comes with the microscope that is the SEC and NCAA Tournament.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping at this stage of his career, Henderson has no desire to be HC. That's just the compassionate side of me. Coaches who join the Maroon and White deserve respect from us fans IMO. I hate it when MSU has conflict. That's why I'll never totally forgive Polk until he apologizes to us for his 6 year old girl temper tantrum.

I hope this team goes as far as the talent and coaching can take them this year. I'm sure Henderson knows what time it is and I hope he's cool with everything. Would hate to see us make a deep run and he not be cool with it and create dissention.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 05:20 PM
I don't care about it in regards to Henderson. I care about it in regards to our players having to deal with this publicly at the current moment. Having to answer questions and deal with all that comes with the microscope that is the SEC and NCAA Tournament.

Isn’t it a bigger distraction if we don’t name a coach but the information leaks out anyway from the opposing team? How is naming the coach a distraction? If anything, it brings excitement and life back into the program. It would also have the players play harder for Henderson to send him out a winner.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2018, 05:25 PM
There are a lot of things that would be distracting to 20 year old baseball players.... naming the new coach before the season is over is not one of them.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-20-2018, 05:39 PM
I don't think it's so much a distraction as respect to what this team is trying to accomplish. Let this team be about this team. We'll have plenty of time for the new regime. JMO

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Isn’t it a bigger distraction if we don’t name a coach but the information leaks out anyway from the opposing team? How is naming the coach a distraction? If anything, it brings excitement and life back into the program. It would also have the players play harder for Henderson to send him out a winner.

It’s been all that said that we are going a different direction based on Cohens responses. The coaches and players know. If it’s a done deal announce and start the stability with our incoming players. This whole season has been a distraction that has turned out pretty dang good. Praise Henderson as much as is needed but let everyone know we have a future we are serious about. We have a group that loves to win. It won’t cause a half ass attitude toward winning.

War Machine Dawg
05-20-2018, 07:10 PM

Nailed it. Gotta announce it as soon as [our new coach's] season is over, whenever that may be. If it's Schloss, that means relatively soon. If it's McDonnell, we'll have to wait for them to crash out of the NCAAs. This is big boy athletics, sometimes feeling can't be accommodated in the way we all would like. This is one of them. We don't want guys signing with MLB because they didn't want to wait to know who our coach is.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
If we were able to announce it the day after tcu?s season is over, I imagine tcu knows by now. I think ifyouonlyknew is correct. No official announcement by the school, but it will be out there. Cohen will let the players know with instructions on how to handle it. If it is a big time ?shock the world? hire, the players will be pumped and looking to send Henderson out on as good of a note they can. Lots of good momentum.

I'm with Al

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 07:38 PM
I want the new coach on the phone with small and mangum and every recruit possible as well. I don't care about the rest of it.

Homedawg
05-20-2018, 07:41 PM
This!!!!

Why are you even talking in this thread ??? Texas tech guy has it.... Book it.... You said it, bookmark it whatever

Homedawg
05-20-2018, 07:42 PM
I want the new coach on the phone with small and mangum and every recruit possible as well. I don't care about the rest of it.

Magnum isn't coming back. Stop.

Homedawg
05-20-2018, 07:43 PM
There are a lot of things that would be distracting to 20 year old baseball players.... naming the new coach before the season is over is not one of them.

Other than its not the right thing to do and isn't going to happen.....

The Federalist Engineer
05-21-2018, 06:45 AM
I don't think it's so much a distraction as respect to what this team is trying to accomplish. Let this team be about this team. We'll have plenty of time for the new regime. JMO

This is my philosophy, this team needs razor sharp focus right now. Job #1 is win the regional. There is no other Job until that is done.

Bully13
05-21-2018, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna lay odds our future new coach, Cohen, Henderson, & a select few others out of necessity are all currently on the same page and not only will MSU fans be thrilled with who our new coach is, the previously mentioned folks along with our future new coach's current school will have little to complain about regarding the professionalism in which Cohen went about the business of getting MSU a new baseball coach. I have awakened this morning with confidence on this situation with a fresh mind and I'm no longer worried about it.

Hail State!

bostondawg
05-21-2018, 08:49 AM
I'm gonna lay odds our future new coach, Cohen, Henderson, & a select few others out of necessity are all currently on the same page and not only will MSU fans be thrilled with who our new coach is, the previously mentioned folks along with our future new coach's current school will have little to complain about regarding the professionalism in which Cohen went about the business of getting MSU a new baseball coach. I have awakened this morning with confidence on this situation with a fresh mind and I'm no longer worried about it.

Hail State!

This, a million times over. This is the bigger picture--no matter if we've got these message board threads debating the small nuances of the hiring process. Hail state!

CadaverDawg
05-21-2018, 01:20 PM
What if Cohen announced he was the new hire. Lol, talk about throwing a wrench into things. #CohenBall out of retirement, time for some bunt drills baby!

Jack Lambert
05-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Cohen likely won't announce until our season is over, but I do think that it'll leak out once [our new coach's] season is over.

I agree. He will be spotted in Starkville. Some realtor will spill the beans. Someone will know and tell a friend.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-21-2018, 01:42 PM

OR the new coaches season is over is more likely.

bobcat91
05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Cohen respects the game. Period. He isnt going to jump the gun or create a distraction. The deal is done, and once we are out ant the coaches team is out, it will be announced. We will get tons of press, so lets have some class.

Pit Bull
05-21-2018, 10:47 PM
Is it any concern that Schloss's TCU team is not doing so well this year? I know a body of work (years and years) is more important, but I consider our opening to be one of the top 5 nationally. I would think we would attract a coach who has little to no down years. BTW.....for what it's worth......if MSU can't win it all, I would like to see Mike Martin take his Seminoles to Omaha and get all the marbles. He's been there so many times and come away empty (like us). Just would like to see him get that one ring before he retires. I really don't want to see O'Sullivan win another title....although he probably will.

Todd4State
05-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Is it any concern that Schloss's TCU team is not doing so well this year? I know a body of work (years and years) is more important, but I consider our opening to be one of the top 5 nationally. I would think we would attract a coach who has little to no down years. BTW.....for what it's worth......if MSU can't win it all, I would like to see Mike Martin take his Seminoles to Omaha and get all the marbles. He's been there so many times and come away empty (like us). Just would like to see him get that one ring before he retires.

No because they have suffered a ton of injuries. The guy has been to Omaha every year for the last four or five years.

preachermatt83
05-21-2018, 11:07 PM
Is it any concern that Schloss's TCU team is not doing so well this year? I know a body of work (years and years) is more important, but I consider our opening to be one of the top 5 nationally. I would think we would attract a coach who has little to no down years. BTW.....for what it's worth......if MSU can't win it all, I would like to see Mike Martin take his Seminoles to Omaha and get all the marbles. He's been there so many times and come away empty (like us). Just would like to see him get that one ring before he retires. I really don't want to see O'Sullivan win another title....although he probably will.

Yea.. what Todd said .. his team has been bit by the injury bug this season like I've never seen before. It's unreal. Not to mention the best player on the team is out for the season. Imagine if last year we had a ton of injuries and then top it off with roocker he getting injured. It would have been worse than what tcu is doing.

Todd4State
05-21-2018, 11:22 PM
Yea.. what Todd said .. his team has been bit by the injury bug this season like I've never seen before. It's unreal. Not to mention the best player on the team is out for the season. Imagine if last year we had a ton of injuries and then top it off with roocker he getting injured. It would have been worse than what tcu is doing.

Ummm....we did have a ton of injuries. Our pitching staff was essentially Pilkington, JB, Peyton Plumlee, Mangum, Blaylock, and Self.

preachermatt83
05-22-2018, 05:36 AM
Ummm....we did have a ton of injuries. Our pitching staff was essentially Pilkington, JB, Peyton Plumlee, Mangum, Blaylock, and Self.

Oh I know, pitching wise... I was referring to offensive production. Like imagine with the pitching injuries we had, if rooker had gotten injured on top of it how bad it would have been

Bully13
05-22-2018, 06:04 AM

This is the 2nd time you've mentioned this nonsense concern and the 2nd time it's been explained to you why this year for TCU is insignificant. How many more times will you bring it up prior to the hire? But I agree about Martin. If we can't would like to see the old guy ride out in style.