PDA

View Full Version : Stovall, Rowdey, Allen, and MacNamee have been crucial in our mid season turn around

DeviousDawg
05-20-2018, 10:16 AM
To better see this, I cut the season into two halves. The first half includes all games prior to April 1st, and the second half includes all games after April 1st. Here is a look at these 4 guys' batting averages and slugging percentages in the first half compared to the second half.

Rowdey Jordan:

1st half -- (Average: 0.194); (Slugging: 0.323)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.387); (Slugging: 0.627)

Tanner Allen:

1st half -- (Average: 0.275); (Slugging: 0.395)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.327); (Slugging: 0.509)

Elijah MacNamee:

1st half -- (Average: 0.246); (Slugging: 0.351)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.373); (Slugging: 0.627)

Hunter Stovall:

1st half -- (Average: 0.288); (Slugging: 0.364)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.373); (Slugging: 0.555)

All 4 players combined, and averaged:

1st half -- (Average: 0.251); (Slugging: 0.358)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.365); (Slugging: 0.580)

Yes, these 4 guys combined have a higher 2nd half batting average than their combined 1st half slugging percentage. This is even more impressive when you look at the average RPI of opponents faced in the 1st and 2nd half.

Average Opponent RPI:

1st Half average opponent RPI -- (114.4)
2nd Half average opponent RPI -- (45.7)

That is pretty impressive stuff, Imo. I really hope we can find a way to hang onto Gautreau, I would love for him to have another year to keep working with this core of guys. If we can find some starting pitching next year, we will be a very very good team.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Good work.

Wonder what the odds of keeping Stovall and Mac are

Todd4State
05-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Stovall- I'd guess 50%

MacNamee- 80% or higher.

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Cohen said he thinks there's a good chance Jake comes back. Probably just coach speak- I don't think he's coming back but I wish he would.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Cohen said he thinks there's a good chance Jake comes back. Probably just coach speak- I don't think he's coming back but I wish he would.

Commerce says he knows some people who know Jake well and that Jake will be with the new coach here at MSU!! Hitting and Crootin' remain intact!!! Dunno how much Jake is making but I hope Cohen gave him a VERY healthy bump. Man deserves to get paid for staying on and the fine job he's done this year!

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 10:33 AM
Commerce says he knows some people who know Jake well and that Jake will be with the new coach here at MSU!! Hitting and Crootin' remain intact!!!

No I'm talking about Mangum.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 10:36 AM

Not buying that. Jake's mom was crying at the game yesterday. That was his farewell... wish him well

Bully13
05-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Not buying that. Jake's mom was crying at the game yesterday. That was his farewell... wish him well

Don't keep up with MLB anymore. Jake's got MLB fielding skills. His propensity to be over eager to go to the plate instead of the cut off guy can be corrected. He's got a good arm and a good bat but he still chases bad pitches too much. But don't MLB teams expect their outfielders to hit a certain # of home runs? Or no? Should Jake hang out another year and try to see if Geatreaux can work on some HR skills?

confucius say
05-20-2018, 12:38 PM

Where did you hear Cohen say that? Bc he said just the opposite on bo bounds show Wednesday. He said I think it's possible and there is a path where it could happen.

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Where did you hear Cohen say that? Bc he said just the opposite on bo bounds show Wednesday. He said I think it's possible and there is a path where it could happen.

On Head to Head one day this past week.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 03:06 PM
I guess it depends on where he would get drafted. His family isn’t hurting for money so I could see him coming back with the new coach to try to make a run at a natty and to be the all time hits leader in the SEC which if he came back he’d have the opportunity to do. If Small came back and we somehow maneuvered Ginn through the draft, we will have a better pitching staff next year then this year potentially. If the freshmen position players continue to develop like they did this year, we could make a serious run. That might be tempting just enough to get him back. Both Schloss and McDonnell have won big and won big early wherever they have been. I could see it.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:30 PM
To better see this, I cut the season into two halves. The first half includes all games prior to April 1st, and the second half includes all games after April 1st. Here is a look at these 4 guys' batting averages and slugging percentages in the first half compared to the second half.

Rowdey Jordan:

1st half -- (Average: 0.194); (Slugging: 0.323)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.387); (Slugging: 0.627)

Tanner Allen:

1st half -- (Average: 0.275); (Slugging: 0.395)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.327); (Slugging: 0.509)

Elijah MacNamee:

1st half -- (Average: 0.246); (Slugging: 0.351)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.373); (Slugging: 0.627)

Hunter Stovall:

1st half -- (Average: 0.288); (Slugging: 0.364)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.373); (Slugging: 0.555)

All 4 players combined, and averaged:

1st half -- (Average: 0.251); (Slugging: 0.358)
2nd half -- (Average: 0.365); (Slugging: 0.580)

Yes, these 4 guys combined have a higher 2nd half batting average than their combined 1st half slugging percentage. This is even more impressive when you look at the average RPI of opponents faced in the 1st and 2nd half.

Average Opponent RPI:

1st Half average opponent RPI -- (114.4)
2nd Half average opponent RPI -- (45.7)

That is pretty impressive stuff, Imo. I really hope we can find a way to hang onto Gautreau, I would love for him to have another year to keep working with this core of guys. If we can find some starting pitching next year, we will be a very very good team.

This is great stuff and pretty telling in how we've come along. And how much Gautreau has done. But...I can't help myself...what are these same stats on same timeframe for our starting SS?

msstate7
05-20-2018, 04:51 PM
This is great stuff and pretty telling in how we've come along. And how much Gautreau has done. But...I can't help myself...what are these same stats on same timeframe for our starting SS?

We know you can't help yourself... Willie Nelson wrote always on my mind about your infatuation with Luke Alexander

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Unofficial

1st half-- (.234 avg)

2nd half-- (.201 avg)

ETA: Talking about Luke Alexander.

DeviousDawg
05-20-2018, 05:11 PM

Hatcher and LA were really the only 2 guys that noticeably regressed in the second half. Luke just isn't an SEC caliber guy in the box. I will say that he has had some clutch hits against the shitbirds this year.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-20-2018, 09:04 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.gif