PDA

View Full Version : Who ever our new coach is will Henderson be part of the deal?

Jack Lambert
05-19-2018, 09:04 PM
You kind of have to feel for the guy. I hope Cohen takes care of him. Then again there will probably be some colleges coming for him.

Turfdawg67
05-19-2018, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately the new guy will bring in his own pitching coach, but I agree Henderson should have a place on the staff if there's one available.

AlSwearengen
05-19-2018, 09:24 PM
It might be time for Henderson to take a head job at a non p5 school or he may be able to catch on as a pitching coach at another p5 school.

Hard to say what his path will be at his age.

Randolph Dupree
05-19-2018, 09:36 PM
I feel like he will. He and Cohen are tight and, believe it or not, he's considered a good pitching coach. Time will tell.

Tbonewannabe
05-19-2018, 09:47 PM
The way we are hitting, I hope Gatreau is kept around.

Bully13
05-19-2018, 09:58 PM
The way we are hitting, I hope Gatreau is kept around.

No worries according to commerce. Gatreau's staying.

preachermatt83
05-19-2018, 10:05 PM
If Shloss is the man then Geatreau is def staying. And I would guess prob henderson too. Cause sarloos will either be the HC at Tcu or rice. I don't care either way if henderson goes or stays.. I'd rather he go bc I like pitching coaches that are velo gurus but that's just my opinion. As for geatreau I def hope he stays.

Pit Bull
05-19-2018, 11:42 PM
I tell you what.....Hendy helped Canny last year a whole lot. Much more than we know. Don't know if Canny was in the panty last year or not, but having Henderson around was a huge huge plus. I'll give Hendy way more credit than Canny for last year's success and then pulling the plane up from the nose dive this year after our Pilot phoned it in from the other dugout. I did hear the announcers say today that Hendy may get heavy consideration for SEC COTY!.....Wow, what would be crazy is if Hendy pulled a Ron Fraser (former Miami HC) and have one of the worst Hurricane teams under Fraser ever to win the CWS. They were dead and buried and Fraser himself said they had no chance to advance that year. Man, how would Cohen deal with that. I know how I would.....Party like its 1999 in Omaha!

Todd4State
05-20-2018, 01:02 AM
I doubt Henderson will be back next year. Really too soon to know. Gautreau has the best chance at coming back. Indoor that if it is Schlossnagle that we bring his hitting coach too though- Bill Mosiello.

Cooterpoot
05-20-2018, 06:50 AM
Henderson is done after the season.

msstate7
05-20-2018, 06:54 AM
Henderson is done after the season.

He very well could parlay this season into a HC gig somewhere else

Cooterpoot
05-20-2018, 07:07 AM
I’ve been told he’s likely retiring.

MetEdDawg
05-20-2018, 07:36 AM
I’ve been told he’s likely retiring.

After dealing with this shit at his age I probably would too. This is his 30th year of coaching and he started playing in 1980. He's been at it a long time and seen a lot. Been assistant at Cal state fullerton, Florida, Oregon State, Kentucky, MSU, and been HC at both UK and MSU. Would not be shocked to see him call it a career or take a year off.

basedog
05-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Say what you want but Henderson was the glue for this team. His calmness never panic mode was the key with a young team.

Yes he deserves some recognition for Sec COY. 15-15 is truly amazing, hitting and pitching improved so much during the year.

No doubt better days ahead for Msu Baseball.

BrunswickDawg
05-20-2018, 08:24 AM
I?ve been told he?s likely retiring.
Then let's when the whole damn thing and send him out on top.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 08:54 AM
STOP clap clap GETTING clap clap ATTACHED clap clap TO COACHES clap clap

You guys do this every. Single. Time. an MSU coach in any sport shows a pulse.

Let the new coach hire whoever da 17 he wants and stop requesting that we limit the autonomy of a new coach.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Say what you want but Henderson was the glue for this team. His calmness never panic mode was the key with a young team.

Yes he deserves some recognition for Sec COY. 15-15 is truly amazing, hitting and pitching improved so much during the year.

Definitely better days lay ahead for MSU Baseball. And the announcers did in fact say he deserves to at least be mentioned in the COY discussions. I've never seen in my 45 years of keeping up with MSU baseball a coach be thrust into the HC position in this type of fashion that Hendo was. Not just the circumstances of why Cann was ousted but how early in the season and how unexpected and sudden it all went down. And I'm not going to argue with you regarding Hendo's leadership and how good a job he did with the team in settling things down after the storm because I'm prolly the last guy on this board that would be a fly on the wall during team meetings.

I'm just going with my gut for now and thinking that our hitting coach (whose prolly gonna remain on staff with our new coach) played a bigger role in our late season surge. I hope only the best for Hendo whether he remains on our staff, goes elsewhere or retires.

basedog
05-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Definitely better days lay ahead for MSU Baseball. And the announcers did in fact say he deserves to at least be mentioned in the COY discussions. I've never seen in my 45 years of keeping up with MSU baseball a coach be thrust into the HC position in this type of fashion that Hendo was. Not just the circumstances of why Cann was ousted but how early in the season and how unexpected and sudden it all went down. And I'm not going to argue with you regarding Hendo's leadership and how good a job he did with the team in settling things down after the storm because I'm prolly the last guy on this board that would be a fly on the wall during team meetings.

I'm just going with my gut for now and thinking that our hitting coach (whose prolly gonna remain on staff with our new coach) played a bigger role in our late season surge. I hope only the best for Hendo whether he remains on our staff, goes elsewhere or retires.

No doubt our hitting Coach deserves a lot of credit. Henderson has been man enough in saying this also.

It’s always a team effort.

KOdawg1
05-20-2018, 10:04 AM

Let the new coach hire whoever da 17 he wants and stop requesting that we limit the autonomy of a new coach.

THIS. I want our new coach to be able to hire his staff which gives us the best chance to succeed. If Henderson and Gautreau are apart of that, then great. If not, then they'll understand because this is a business decision. I'm thankful for what they've done for us, but we owe them nothing.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 10:16 AM
THIS. I want our new coach to be able to hire his staff which gives us the best chance to succeed. If Henderson and Gautreau are apart of that, then great. If not, then they'll understand because this is a business decision. I'm thankful for what they've done for us, but we owe them nothing.

Gautreau will according to Commerce's sources. Dunno about Henderson.

Todd4State
05-20-2018, 10:27 AM

This^^^^

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 10:44 AM
Gautreau will according to Commerce's sources. Dunno about Henderson.

I have a theory that, since Schlossnagle coached Gautreau at Tulane, Schloss may have soft spot in his heart due to what happened to Gautreau's career due to his illness. Throw that in the blender with Schloss' son graduating high school, him possibly being a little burnt out at TCU, & MSU being a great job, & you have the perfect combo for him to take the MSU job & keep Gautreau on board. That being said, Saarloos would likely get the TCU job, meaning Schloss would need a pitching coach at MSU, but I'm not sure what would happen to Bill Mosiello. I doubt he would stay at TCU, but, if Schloss wants to keep Gautreau, then there isn't a spot for him on our staff.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 12:00 PM
I have a theory that, since Schlossnagle coached Gautreau at Tulane, Schloss may have soft spot in his heart due to what happened to Gautreau's career due to his illness. Throw that in the blender with Schloss' son graduating high school, him possibly being a little burnt out at TCU, & MSU being a great job, & you have the perfect combo for him to take the MSU job & keep Gautreau on board. That being said, Saarloos would likely get the TCU job, meaning Schloss would need a pitching coach at MSU, but I'm not sure what would happen to Bill Mosiello. I doubt he would stay at TCU, but, if Schloss wants to keep Gautreau, then there isn't a spot for him on our staff.

Keeping Gautreau would totally make sense due to not only being a good hitting coach, he's the crootin' coordinator as well. I'm thinking Commerce's sources are correct and that points even more that Cohen and Schlossnagle have already made a deal. I'd also be willing to believe Gautreau already knows whose gonna be his boss next year as well. Good hitting and future croots remain intact while putting a HC in Starkville who knows his way to Omaha. We good.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I'm sure Cohen will hook Henderson up with a cushy job in the AD if Henderson wants out of baseball. Sort of like a transition year while he decides if he wants to keep coaching or just call it a career.

tireddawg
05-20-2018, 12:20 PM
No

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:08 PM

And Kendall Rogers and Ben McDonald said that also.. ...........But what knowledge do they have about college baseball ***

yjnkdawg
05-20-2018, 01:13 PM

Don't worry about this. In reality, what a few posters on a message board want, will not affect in anyway shape or form what Cohen decides or does.

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 02:52 PM
I think it’s Schloss and we keep Gautreau. I think Henderson retires as was hinted by some on here. He probably will get an associate AD job that pays him similar to what he’s getting now and I’m good with that. Schloss’ background is pitching anyway so whoever he gets there will be a good one even if it isn’t Saarloos. I don’t think he’s burned out at TCU per se but like the McDonnell situation he has a new AD and doesn’t like some of the optics at TCU. We really lucked out on the timing of everything because both McDonnell and Schlossnagle have situations this year where they have no buyout and are in transition which means they are more likely to jump to a new situation. I want to see us go as far as possible this year but I bet we will have the deal locked up with the new coach before our season is over and it will be easy to see who it is because it will be leaked.

War Machine Dawg
05-20-2018, 06:59 PM
I hope not. Especially if it's Schloss. I want a guy who emphasizes velocity.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 07:08 PM

I want a guy that knows how to build velocity but more importantly knows how to use Trackman in player development to maximize the grips, pitches, & locations that each individual pitcher attempts to execute.

I other words, I want a pitching coach that knows how to use technology to maximize the talent that the pitcher already has

CadaverDawg
05-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Forgive me for not knowing, but what kind of recruiting classes have Schloss and McDonnell reeled in at their respective programs? We need a recruiter in this league, which I figure both are good at, and is why I was most pissed at AC bc he could recruit like few can.

Bulldog1
05-20-2018, 07:37 PM
Both are consistent at bringing in top 15 classes. My question is which one might have more pull at bringing players to college out of the draft?

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Forgive me for not knowing, but what kind of recruiting classes have Schloss and McDonnell reeled in at their respective programs? We need a recruiter in this league, which I figure both are good at, and is why I was most pissed at AC bc he could recruit like few can.

Both are elite recruiters but both have individual advantages that makes it difficult to know exactly how their recruiting ability would translate to MSU.

McDonnell - Louisville has an interesting geography in that they are an ACC program in which every school north of them sucks in baseball. Due to that, Louisville has unlimited reign over the state of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, and Ohio. Louisville has Chicago on lockdown. Look at where many of their great players are from.

Schlossnagle - Schloss has gone out and got some national recruits but also dominates the DFW and to a lesser degree Houston "rich kid" market. At MSU he wouldn't have a rich kid market that wanted to stay close to home in his market.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 08:07 PM
I think it’s Schloss and we keep Gautreau. I think Henderson retires as was hinted by some on here. He probably will get an associate AD job that pays him similar to what he’s getting now and I’m good with that. Schloss’ background is pitching anyway so whoever he gets there will be a good one even if it isn’t Saarloos. I don’t think he’s burned out at TCU per se but like the McDonnell situation he has a new AD and doesn’t like some of the optics at TCU. We really lucked out on the timing of everything because both McDonnell and Schlossnagle have situations this year where they have no buyout and are in transition which means they are more likely to jump to a new situation. I want to see us go as far as possible this year but I bet we will have the deal locked up with the new coach before our season is over and it will be easy to see who it is because it will be leaked.

I am of the opinion Cohen already has it locked up. Just waiting on the announcement and signature.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Both are elite recruiters but both have individual advantages that makes it difficult to know exactly how their recruiting ability would translate to MSU.

McDonnell - Louisville has an interesting geography in that they are an ACC program in which every school north of them sucks in baseball. Due to that, Louisville has unlimited reign over the state of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, and Ohio. Louisville has Chicago on lockdown. Look at where many of their great players are from.

Schlossnagle - Schloss has gone out and got some national recruits but also dominates the DFW and to a lesser degree Houston "rich kid" market. At MSU he wouldn't have a rich kid market that wanted to stay close to home in his market.

Schloss has been an elite recruiter everywhere he's been. He has the "it" factor going for him. Just wondering if he could pull some guys from North Texas to MSU since he's solidified so many relationships in the DFW area.

TNDawg35
05-20-2018, 08:39 PM
McDonnell also recruits West TN a lot. He signed a dang good pitcher off our high school team the yr he took over the Ville and also has a big time SS signed right now...

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 10:50 PM

This all day!!!!!

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 10:51 PM
I want a guy that knows how to build velocity but more importantly knows how to use Trackman in player development to maximize the grips, pitches, & locations that each individual pitcher attempts to execute.

I other words, I want a pitching coach that knows how to use technology to maximize the talent that the pitcher already has

I like this post. You seems to know a ton about the training of baseball players. I'm intrigued

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I am of the opinion Cohen already has it locked up. Just waiting on the announcement and signature.

I'm leaning this way too.

Noxdog
05-20-2018, 11:11 PM
I like this post. You seems to know a ton about the training of baseball players. I'm intrigued

a scout.

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 11:22 PM
a scout.

Well that explains a lot. I knew it seemed that he had a ton of knowledge about the training side of things.