PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hell do you pull Neff?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Someone please help me understand this? Maybe I'm over reacting.

Homedawg
05-19-2018, 06:45 PM
It was a uh oh. We weren't and someone got the wrong signal and sent Cole in. Both went to the mound and that means Gordon is in

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Ok, over reacted. Pitched a helluva 8th inning. I'm at the game. How many of Cole's no calls were strikes?

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Ok, over reacted. Pitched a helluva 8th inning. I'm at the game. How many of Cole's no calls were strikes?

His second walk he hit the same spot 3 times and the ump didn?t ring him up after calling the first two. Beyond that, he was all over the place

DogsofAnarchy
05-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Someone please help me understand this? Maybe I'm over reacting.

That?s why you pull him. Where you can hold a 7 run lead and sweep the Florida damn gators. Who have another ass whipping coming this year in another sport.

Ari Gold
05-19-2018, 07:55 PM
Well Gordon is our first base coach most of the time
He just put himself in.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 07:58 PM
It was a henderson **** up. When neff comes off in the 8th henderson tells him the plan. Then the bullpen is told the plan. Done. No questions. Bullpen management 101. It's easy and should never be ****ed up.

preachermatt83
05-19-2018, 10:09 PM
It was a henderson **** up. When neff comes off in the 8th henderson tells him the plan. Then the bullpen is told the plan. Done. No questions. Bullpen management 101. It's easy and should never be ****ed up.

Yea henderson messed that up pretty bad. It was embarrassing. It may have been the bullpen coaches fault but it's on henderson to keep him up on what's going on.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Yea henderson messed that up pretty bad. It was embarrassing. It may have been the bullpen coaches fault but it's on henderson to keep him up on what's going on.

Man he really messed up. Cole shut them the 17 down the last 2 innings.

Goldendawg
05-19-2018, 11:33 PM
Watch the after game interview with Coach Henderson on 24/7 (it's free). He was asked and said that it was all on him. That he forgot to tell Neff due the excitement of the game. He either owned it or wouldn't blame someone else. Hail the Sweep! Hail State!

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:41 PM
Watch the after game interview with Coach Henderson on 24/7 (it's free). He was asked and said that it was all on him. That he forgot to tell Neff due the excitement of the game. He either owned it or wouldn't blame someone else. Hail the Sweep! Hail State!

#Hendersoning

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 08:39 AM
Thank goodness we lucked out on that Hendersoning snafu. Could have easily been another Hendersoning moment. It was good Gordon had more his performance from shutting Florida down last year instead of his 7 run inning performance against Auburn when entering the game with a 4-0 lead.

Bully13
05-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Don't we have phones from dugout to bullpen? Is this a common baseball 17 up?

preachermatt83
05-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Question... is there a way to compleatly block people on here. Like I know if you ignore user it blocks you from seeing their posts but does it allow you to stop them from seeing your posts as well?

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Well I am glad he Henderson’s us to a 31-21 record after taking over. He was put in the position in very adverse situations after a 3 game sweep, probable turmoil and questions by players with 10 more road games to go. I’m happy with what he did but I am disappointed in Cohen for not contacting a few of y’all who would of made every correct decision and held this team together.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 01:18 PM
One other thing is a lot of you know what his decisions cost us but that still doesn’t mean your decisions guarantee a better result. Again he made some bad decisions I’m sure but so do a lot of other coaches. He just happened to be the man who kept this plane flying in the right direction in turbulence and landed it safely. I can imagine the hate if we don’t go to Omaha

MarketingBully
05-20-2018, 01:43 PM
This love affair with some of you with Henderson is down right funny. He was fired from Kentucky for a reason and I see first hand why he was from his decisions this year. Did he right the ship and do a decent job with the interim tag in place? Maybe. Was the turnaround more about great player leadership with players like Mangum, Stovall, and Macnamee? Most definitely. Did Gautreau also have a big hand in it? Most definitely. I’m excited that we made post season this year but am more excited about the possibility of getting Schlossnagle or McDonnell next year. I really could care less if we keep Henderson. Just not a big fan of his as you have seen.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Yep I have seen your dislike! No love affair here either but to crap on a man who has been put into a position and blame the bad on him and tell how everything good is in spite of him is ridiculous. Cool not to respect his coaching decisions but to hate that much is ridiculous. No one has a love affair the way you hate this man and every decision he makes. I’m good he’s gone, your ecstatic! You dislike him I don’t cause he handled his business this year. Not perfect by any means. But the plane he was stuck in the pilot seat landed through turbulence and you’ve griped the whole way that he didn’t land it the way you wanted. Again no love affair here but don’t blame for my respect due to your dislike

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Yep I have seen your dislike! No love affair here either but to crap on a man who has been put into a position and blame the bad on him and tell how everything good is in spite of him is ridiculous. Cool not to respect his coaching decisions but to hate that much is ridiculous. No one has a love affair the way you hate this man and every decision he makes. I’m good he’s gone, your ecstatic! You dislike him I don’t cause he handled his business this year. Not perfect by any means. But the plane he was stuck in the pilot seat landed through turbulence and you’ve griped the whole way that he didn’t land it the way you wanted. Again no love affair here but don’t blame for my respect due to your dislike

Just as hate is ridiculous your continually defending him as the end all be all of us being where we are is equally dumb. Henderson is the figure head but not the end all be all.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Never said he was. My point he didn’t drive us into the dirt like a few did. The game threads were quite irritating with anything going wrong bein blamed on a coaches decisions. Sometimes things don’t work out but damn why shit on every decision. I agree in a few cases but the whole game thread was a basing in a Winn and yes way worse in the losses.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Never said he was. My point he didn’t drive us into the dirt like a few did. The game threads were quite irritating with anything going wrong bein blamed on a coaches decisions. Sometimes things don’t work out but damn why shit on every decision. I agree in a few cases but the whole game thread was a basing in a Winn and yes way worse in the losses.

Game threads are that way by nature. Especially when dumb shit is happening. I hate the fact it's all bitching and random comments without any true game updates but it is what it is. I've stopped griping about it.

Dawgcap
05-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Game threads are that way by nature. Especially when dumb shit is happening. I hate the fact it's all bitching and random comments without any true game updates but it is what it is. I've stopped griping about it.

You are probably right but I just see it more than game threads or so I thought. I apologize for keep bringing things up but instead of being proud we hammer a man in a tough situation. How bad would it of been if we didn’t sweep. And you know it would be bad. Hell im proud our guys are still fighting after all that went all this spring. I apologize for getting so irritating about this but I always believe we need to be pulling the rope together.

tcdog70
05-21-2018, 09:07 AM
You are probably right but I just see it more than game threads or so I thought. I apologize for keep bringing things up but instead of being proud we hammer a man in a tough situation. How bad would it of been if we didn’t sweep. And you know it would be bad. Hell im proud our guys are still fighting after all that went all this spring. I apologize for getting so irritating about this but I always believe we need to be pulling the rope together.

I am proud that our Freshmen have improved tremendously since day 1. That plus Jake-Hunter and Mac have stepped up to be huge down the stretch.

Our mental approach has also been impressive. Who gets the credit--shit everybody!