PDA

View Full Version : Joe burrow to LSU

msstate7
05-19-2018, 08:07 AM
Here are his limited stats at Ohio state...

29/39 (74.4%) 287 yds 2 td 0 int
15 rushes 53 yds 1 td

I don't think this kid is the next Peyton Manning, but I sure wish he had gone elsewhere

05-19-2018, 08:10 AM
We should beat them anyway

msstate7
05-19-2018, 08:11 AM
We should beat them anyway

I think so too. This kid is wildcard though... no idea how good he is or isn't

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Well apparently they're on their way to the CFP this year. That's what LSU fans are saying.

Ari Gold
05-19-2018, 08:20 AM
He better win that lockeroom in a hurry...

msstate7
05-19-2018, 08:21 AM

Who is the team behind?

Rick Danko
05-19-2018, 08:22 AM
I?m sure, knowing our luck, he will pull a Mettenberger on us and throw 350 yards on 96% completion rating

Bully13
05-19-2018, 08:36 AM

I think I may know what you are suggesting. Fall practice will now be a 4 way competition with all having the chance to come out # 1. Out of that 4, Burrow has thrown 39 collegiate passes, the most out of the group. To me, this could end up being a recipe for mass confusion and chaos. I'm not worried, I still say we kick that ass. This move tells me that coach O and his staff are not satisfied or confident with the 3 they have therefore went out looking for another. Chalk one up for the "stars don't matter" crowd.

BulldogDX55
05-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Since our LSU game is later in the season than usual at this point, we should at least know what we're getting into with that guy.

msbulldog
05-19-2018, 08:50 AM
I?m sure, knowing our luck, he will pull a Mettenberger on us and throw 350 yards on 96% completion rating

Mettenberger didn't have Sweatt, Simmons, Rivers and many more chasing his a$$! Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2018, 09:03 AM
His father is from Amory. He played on some of those great early 70s teams at Nebraska, now coaches at Ohio with Frank Solich. His uncle played at Ole Miss.

BiscuitEater
05-19-2018, 09:04 AM
And, I sure wish we were playing them early in the scheduled like last year. They improved a lot over the course of the season!

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Couple of things:

- This exemplifies my frustration with the grad transfer system. It's nothing more than stop gap filler free agency for blue bloods. Instead of letting them suck, they have a get out of jail free card.

- Burrow is a perfect example of a kid that doesn't get it and is star struck. Really? Spend your year that you have chance to get to the NFL playing for Eddy O?

msstate7
05-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Couple of things:

- This exemplifies my frustration with the grad transfer system. It's nothing more than stop gap filler free agency for blue bloods. Instead of letting them suck, they have a get out of jail free card.

- Burrow is a perfect example of a kid that doesn't get it and is star struck. Really? Spend your year that you have chance to get to the NFL playing for Eddy O?

Looking at it from his perspective... he has been coached by one of the best coaches in the country, so he doesn't need much from O. He sees he will have elite wrs and an always potent running game.

msbulldog
05-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Looking at it from his perspective... he has been coached by one of the best coaches in the country, so he doesn't need much from O. He sees he will have elite wrs and an always potent running game.

7 they suck at RB and OL.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Which is why blue bloods will always get the grad transfers. It's just a frustrating system for a school that is trying to make a move and doesn't get grad transfers.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 09:27 AM
7 they suck at RB and OL.

I'll believe it when I see it. They're always good in the running game

Ari Gold
05-19-2018, 09:32 AM
Couple of things:

Besides Russell Wilson name a few grad transfers that made a huge difference.. ??

Covercorner2
05-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Here are his limited stats at Ohio state...

29/39 (74.4%) 287 yds 2 td 0 int
15 rushes 53 yds 1 td

I don't think this kid is the next Peyton Manning, but I sure wish he had gone elsewhere

I?ll say it again- I was hoping he would land at LSU.

Would much rather him end up there than a place like UF that has a coach that can actually develop a QB.

I don?t think he will make that much of a difference in LSU?s season.

Leroy Jenkins
05-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Football should have the same "Grad" transfer rule Basketball does. If you transfer and don't complete your post-grad degree, the team cannot accept a grad transfer the next year as penalty. Some kids are worth the hit, but at least it's something. Because, you know, they are transferring for academic pursuits, like Ranger Masoli.

confucius say
05-19-2018, 11:23 AM
I'm sure O will handle this four way qb competition (controversy) well****

This has the makings of a cluster 17 that will divide their locker room.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 11:26 AM

If I were O, I'd gather the team and announce burrow the starter. Tell the team that he is the only one that has had quality offensive coaching. Then tell joe to not listen to any coaching he gets while at LSU lol

parabrave
05-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Brennan probably thinking thank god now I won't get snapped in half.

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 11:45 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. They're always good in the running game

Who?s their heir apparent to Guice? At least when Fornette left early, they had Guice. They don?t even have that this year.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Who?s their heir apparent to Guice? At least when Fornette left early, they had Guice. They don?t even have that this year.

Maybe Clyde guy they beat us for or that freshman. I really have no idea, but I can't remember the last time LSU didn't have a good RB. I hope this is the year they don't though

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Maybe Clyde guy they beat us for or that freshman. I really have no idea, but I can't remember the last time LSU didn't have a good RB. I hope this is the year they don't though

That guy was no Guice/Fornette though. They’re going to take a step back at RB.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Good luck. That place is closer to dumpster fire than not

VandelayIndustries
05-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Yea Clyde Edwards-Hellaire will play a lot as well as Nick Brossette. This is the weakest they have been at RB in awhile

Ezsoil
05-19-2018, 06:15 PM
I wish we played them earlier in the year......but with their schedule they will have a few L?s before we play them and they will be calling for O?s head ..he will be shuffling QBs and and the fan base will be going crazy....

Ari Gold
05-19-2018, 07:57 PM
I’m still waiting on someone to tell me when the last grad transfer made an impact ... Russell Wilson excluded.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 08:00 PM
I’m still waiting on someone to tell me when the last grad transfer made an impact ... Russell Wilson excluded.

Jake Coker won a natty. Of course, not sure you credit him with winning it

Jack Lambert
05-19-2018, 08:12 PM
I think LSU has become a joke. Their coach is a clown and they have to go find a transfer QB's. Why can't the great LSU recruit good QB's? Hell they are known for DB's and they are slacking in that now. They have become average football team. They rode the train Saban built to the end of the line.

BuckyIsAB****
05-19-2018, 09:00 PM
It shows me that they have 0 confidence in the kid from St. Stanislaus

BuckyIsAB****
05-19-2018, 09:04 PM
And with good reason bc he is garbo

somebodyshotmypaw
05-19-2018, 09:19 PM

This is a good point. A QB needs to win the locker room. Guys would run through a wall for Dak Prescott. Can this guy win the locker room? If he performs well, guys will play for him. Guys would play for Tua of Bama because they saw in practice what he could do. Guys will play for Fitz because he is our leader and tough as nails. They will also play for Keytaon because he has earned their respect. How quickly can this guy earn the respect and confidence of his teammates? Will there be division within the team?

bulldawg28
05-20-2018, 06:12 AM
It's almost impossible just to learn the playbook in the summer before camp starts. He won't be able to do that and win the locker room. I'm not worried about LSU.

Saltydog
05-20-2018, 07:49 AM
They had 3 frosh. starting. Expect them to be very much improved in this area and as far as RB, it's LSU. They've got backs. Those underestimating them are making a mistake. They have talent galore.

BulldogDX55
05-20-2018, 07:54 AM
They had 3 frosh. starting. Expect them to be very much improved in this area and as far as RB, it's LSU. They've got backs. Those underestimating them are making a mistake. They have talent galore.

True, but those guys will be running right into the strongest point on our whole team, so that improvement will be mitigated.