PDA

View Full Version : Todd (or anyone else), let?s discuss Schloss and McDonnell?s

AlSwearengen
05-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Connections and networking with scouts that has become so important in today?s game. What do we know about each one in this area?

Also, maybe explain how this ?advantage? works. I know o?sullivan hired a couple of former scouts as assistants a few years ago. Isn?t Gautreau a former scout? I know Cannizaro was.

I?m assuming having connections to scouts gets you access to more information from friends in the business. Are there any other advantages?

msbulldog
05-19-2018, 07:40 AM
Gautreau came from the Scott Boras agency, who reps athletes, so he has connections with scouts.

"Scott Dean Boras is an American sports agent, specializing in baseball. He is the founder, owner and president of the Boras Corporation, a sports agency based in Newport Beach, California"

Cooterpoot
05-19-2018, 07:40 AM
Gautreau was working with a sports agency. I suspect he stays if he wants to. Both coaches have great pitching coaches.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 07:43 AM
Gautreau was working with a sports agency. I suspect he stays if he wants to. Both coaches have great pitching coaches.

He needs to be asked to stay. We have gotten better and better with the bat as the season has gone on

dickiedawg
05-19-2018, 07:45 AM
TCU?s pitching coach will be a head coach next year.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 12:40 PM
TCU?s pitching coach will be a head coach next year.

Saarloos loves the golf course...alot