PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but wonder...

BulldogtheMS
05-18-2018, 09:14 PM
How good could this extremely young team could have been if Cann wasn't chasing poon the last 12 months and actually coaching these kids. We will never know what could have been. If we can shore up some pitching this summer we stand a chance at being solid next year.

Randolph Dupree
05-18-2018, 09:25 PM
We definitely would have been better this year but long term we are better off with him gone. Not saying he won't mature from his situation and re-emerge as a great coach but the guy had some other issues that, if left unchecked, were going to bite us in the ass over the long haul.

The Federalist Engineer
05-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Cohen pulling the trigger on Cann so decisively was a balls move. Like when he took LSUs Curtis Leskanic deep to win a game for us a player.

He Saved the soul of the program and still made a regional and we could be welcoming College Baseball's Nick Saban in June

BulldogtheMS
05-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Cohen pulling the trigger on Cann so decisively was a balls move. Like when he took LSUs Curtis Leskanic deep to win a game for us a player.

He Saved the soul of the program and still made a regional and we could be welcoming College Baseball's Nick Saban in June

Im with you 100% on this. Im glad he's gone. But what could we have been this year with a coach actually coaching a little before Henderson took over. I don't want to do the hendersoning debate here, we already have a thread for that plus my thoughts have been documented on the subject. I would like to think we would have a "team" before season started and staring at a hosting spot in 2 weeks. It took the guys a month and a half of playing to piece it together and to find their rolls.
I do not miss cann because we all know what he is. BUT we saw what he was capable of as well.

Bully13
05-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Nipping in the bud was the right thing to do. When your side piece has you so obsessed you're texting her in the dugout, you are no longer HC material.