PDA

View Full Version : I'm good with anyone Cohen picks for our new HC.....

Pit Bull
05-18-2018, 05:59 PM
.....but what happened to TCU, Vandy, and Louisville this year? Noticed none of them are in the top 25 and it sounds like one of their head coaches will be our next HC. Is that concerning? I don't think so as everybody has down years, but I am so used to seeing those 3 in college baseballs higher ups. Or maybe Cohen is just throwing us a curve ball and will pick none of the three. BTW, have been told to keep an eye on Stetson. That they have a couple hurlers that are right up there with UF's top 2 pitchers.....they could make some noise this year. Also, a little surprised to see TennTech, UCONN, and Minnesota gracing the top 25. Don't normally see many far north schools like the Huskies and Gophers excelling in baseball. Speaking of cold weather....this year was unusually cold for deep south teams.....I wouldn't mind to see college baseball move the season back a few weeks to start no earlier than March 15. Just play deeper into the summer ..big deal. I like hot weather for baseball!

VandelayIndustries
05-18-2018, 06:02 PM
I believe TCU has had a lot of injuries this year, can't speak on Louisville and Vandy

MetEdDawg
05-18-2018, 09:15 PM
I've heard Matt Bragga, the Tennessee Tech Head Coach, speak in person at the Alabama Baseball Conference a couple years ago. I'm not surprised they are in the Top 25. That guy is a dynamic personality and he's the kind of guy you would run through a wall for. He's been there a while too. I'm shocked he hasn't been picked up yet by a bigger program.

Todd4State
05-18-2018, 10:13 PM
TCU- injuries

Vanderbilt- young

Louisville- about where we are and having a decent year.

Lord McBuckethead
05-19-2018, 09:14 AM
TCU- injuries

Vanderbilt- young

LV is also glad they do not have to play us again this year. LV only has three Ls

Bully13
05-19-2018, 10:00 AM
TCU- injuries

Vanderbilt- young

This. Even the best coaches have down years for multiple reasons. Schloss & McDonnell have proven their worth many times over. Worrying over what's going on this particular year with their teams is ridiculous. I doubt it's Corbin whose made the deal with Cohen. According to others on the board, he's turned us down twice over the years and if true, I doubt the 3rd time would be a charm.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2018, 10:04 AM
TCU -All the best players are hurt

Vandy - Honestly, they've done a crappy job of recruiting since Derek Johnson left. Sure they have the scholarship advantage but they've been beat on Tennessee kids like Dakota Hudson, Nick Senzel, Ryan Rolison, Rooker, etc. their evaluation ability has stunk considering they land every player they want because of scholarship advantages.

Louisville - Lost a lot last year. Brennan McKay, their SS, and their catcher. Rebuilding year

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Here's my wish list:

1. Schloss

2. McDonnell

3. Corbin

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm just hot on Corbin. Reasons above and he just doesn't do it for me. I want a title and i don't think Corbin can do it here.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-19-2018, 01:11 PM
I'm just hot on Corbin. Reasons above and he just doesn't do it for me. I want a title and i don't think Corbin can do it here.

I agree. He's also a good bit older than McDonnell and Schloss

As to Louisville and TCU having a bad season: both of their athletic departments are going through major changes (Lville's was in downright turmoil at one point), which may or may not affect the players, but it could very easily affect the coaches as it adds distractions. We also know first-hand the distractions that come with a coach looking at other jobs during the season. Even if they aren't distracted by it as Mullen was, its another distraction. Then add the other things people have mentioned, youth, injuries, etc.

But to put things in perspective, this "bad" year for Louisville is a pretty average season for us over the past 10 years. At least RPI-wise

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 02:45 PM
I agree. He's also a good bit older than McDonnell and Schloss

As to Louisville and TCU having a bad season: both of their athletic departments are going through major changes (Lville's was in downright turmoil at one point), which may or may not affect the players, but it could very easily affect the coaches as it adds distractions. We also know first-hand the distractions that come with a coach looking at other jobs during the season. Even if they aren't distracted by it as Mullen was, its another distraction. Then add the other things people have mentioned, youth, injuries, etc.

But to put things in perspective, this "bad" year for Louisville is a pretty average season for us over the past 10 years. At least RPI-wise

Schloss and McDonnell imo are 1 and 1a the best two coaches in the country right now. Either of those guys could win a natty here. TCU and Louisville were shit baseball programs before they got there. Now? Combined they have 9 CWS appearances between them. Schloss has gone to four straight CWS before this year. I’ve been on the I want McDonnell bandwagon but now I’m really leaning towards wanting Schlossnagle. I just think he brings a little something more to the table then McDonnell and I think he would fit in great with the culture here.

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Just listening to the first part of the CWS game last year between TCU and Louisville should pump MSU fans up. See link below.

https://youtu.be/ooFgiid9PLk