PDA

View Full Version : Mettenberger calls out cowbells and State fans

bully99
10-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Said cowbells make State the most annoying place to play in the SEC. Reporter said you know you're doing well when the cowbells go quiet and Mettenberger said that and the fans leaving in the 4th quarter. Ouch

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Actually, I prefer most annoying. It beats quietest or easiest place to play.

Political Hack
10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm glad it was annoying for him.

engie
More LSU crying... consider me shocked...

CJDAWG85
Said cowbells make State the most annoying place to play in the SEC.

That's a compliment to the fans in my eyes. It's supposed to be loud and piss the other team off.

hailmari
10-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately, we weren't annoying enough.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Katz ManeriBerger

Pussies

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Yep, but when you look at it from a one play perspective. If Russell could have completed it to Lewis on that 3rd down at the end of the half it would have been a completely different game. What is Mullen's record when leading at halftime vs losing at halftime? I rest my case...

C222
10-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Yep, but when you look at it from a one play perspective. If Russell could have completed it to Lewis on that 3rd down at the end of the half it would have been a completely different game. What is Mullen's record when leading at halftime vs losing at halftime? I rest my case...

Yeah, we probably only lose by 26.

We can play them 10 times and they would beat us in all 10. They are just better. Stop blaming everyone and accept it.

CJDAWG85
10-08-2013, 04:48 PM

That wasn't a bad throw... Either it had too much mustard on it or Lewis just took his eye off it...

Coach34
10-08-2013, 05:06 PM
That wasn't a bad throw... Either it had too much mustard on it or Lewis just took his eye off it...

It wasnt a good throw- it wasnt even close

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I am not blaming anyone. I am just stating facts. There were a number of plays that should have and could have happened. Heck, if our CBs just jump a couple of times when they were in position odds are good Beckham and Landry don't make all those catches and it's an even bigger game then. I would say our secondary is young but talented. When we went to zone is when we had the big big problems. The CBs were in position a lot of times on those catches. If they just take the next step and jump for those balls to knock them away, we would say we had a decent secondary. We will get better though as it was a great teaching moment. I doubt that these other receiving corps are able to do what LSU did based on lessons learned.

Political Hack
10-08-2013, 05:19 PM
It wasnt a good throw- it wasnt even close

after the play TR told Tubby that he was supposed to keep running instead of sitting down the route. you could see him explaining it on TV. it was an option route and TR thought he was taking the slant rather than sitting down on it.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Well he should know we can't beat a team when their quarterback and running back share that special sexual assault bond with one another.

MemphisDawg
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
The issue though Marketing is that that's football. In every game you can point to a handful of plays that make the difference in a ball game.

When you lose by 2 it's understandable to look back and say "man if only this play would have gone out way" cause a lot of olays like that are 50/50 plays.

But when you get stomped you can't say "well if this play and this play and this play and this play would have gone our way we would have had a chance" cause if you count each as a 50/50 play then after play 2 is a 25% chance then a 12.5% then a 6.25% that you get all of those plays to go in your favor.

Bothrops
10-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Kids these days.. These cocksuckers act like we just started ringing cowbells at football games. **** him and the hat.

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 07:40 PM
We got stomped because we gave up not because LSU is 33 points better. The fumble and the INT made it a much bigger margin and Miles kept his 1's in the whole game. Shit, we were within two points through 3 quarters. Let's get real. We gave up in the fourth quarter. Only an idiot or someone who just saw the final score would say we were run out of the stadium. When you give up like we did, any team can put those points up in you they did. If some of those plays go our way that didn't, it comes down to the wire.

Dawg61
10-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Actually, I prefer most annoying. It beats quietest or easiest place to play.

Let's make it full blown annoying and put large drums in every corner of the stadium like the one guy at the Indians game does and have a full front row of those annoying things they used at the World Cup. Just make it unbearable. Haha

sbcmortgageman
10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Said cowbells make State the most annoying place to play in the SEC. Reporter said you know you're doing well when the cowbells go quiet and Mettenberger said that and the fans leaving in the 4th quarter. Ouch

He's pissed cause Miles got in that ass for burning two early 1st half time outs.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Hit him in letters

hacker
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Let's make it full blown annoying and put large drums in every corner of the stadium like the one guy at the Indians game does and have a full front row of those annoying things they used at the World Cup. Just make it unbearable. Haha

Vuvuzelas. I've got one on my wall still.

maroonmania
10-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Actually cowbells make MSU one of the most unique places to play in all of college football. Whether opposing players choose to enjoy the experience or be annoyed is strictly up to them. I never understood why EA Sports didn't incorporate some cowbell noise into the game when in Starkville. Never really sounded like an authentic MSU home game with no cowbell noise mixed in the background.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Actually cowbells make MSU one of the most unique places to play in all of college football. Whether opposing players choose to enjoy the experience or be annoyed is strictly up to them. I never understood why EA Sports didn't incorporate some cowbell noise into the game when in Starkville. Never really sounded like an authentic MSU home game with no cowbell noise mixed in the background.

We're lucky they had us on there, and that we were maroon and white

Jack Lambert
10-08-2013, 09:31 PM

You know his NFL career may not work out and he just might get into coaching one day and move up the latter and maybe one day he might want to apply for a coaching job at Miss State and maybe someone might remind him of his statement. And don't think it can't happen. When JWS was playng at Alabama you think the thought of coaching at Miss State crossed his mind. I doubt it.

Marooned
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I wonder how annoyed the girl was that he was raping while he was at Georgia.