PDA

View Full Version : Enough of bashing Henderson

basedog
05-18-2018, 10:47 AM
I'm sick of all the trash talking/bashing Henderson. Under the circumstances he has done ok, he didn't ask to be our HC. The poor start isn't on him nor Cohen as some of u thrasher have said. Fact is Henderson is about to lead this team into the NCAA tourney now. Just because some of you know it all that never make a mistake much less coached a day in your life doesn't mean your PlayStation says to make certain lineups and coaching decisions.
I got up and decided to read what was said about the game last night. Same ole same ole with trash talking quitters who haven't a clue. What a bunch of losers who can't be realistic Msu fans.

You losers can trash talk about my post cause it's fitting for some, my question to the ones that do can your PlayStation tell u what or how to respond cause you must have it set on the losers mode.

Btw, I didn't give us much hope in beating Florida or much less with a chance of winning two, but maybe Henderson leads us to another victory and how sweat that would be?

HailState

Cooterpoot
05-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Funny how one win against FL gets everyone happy. Seriously though, we're one win from a regional. I think this team is fighting for it. Not sure how much that's Henderson, but whatever it takes to make the Oxford regional, where we own OM, I'm good with.

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Henderson has done a good job for the hand that was dealt. He has his faults but every coach does. He seems to leave pitchers in too long which reminds me of the guy who has his name on the stadium. Unless you know the thinking behind it then you might not have all the facts behind some decisions.

In the end, getting to a Regional after the Canny fiasco and the extended road trip to begin the year is a pretty good job.

shoeless joe
05-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Baseball coaches get criticized more than any other sport in general. But every coach that we have gets criticized on this board. That's how it works.

All that said....folks that aren't there and aren't in it EVERY SINGLE DAY don't have a clue

basedog
05-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Henderson is just like the saying goes "That's Baseball". Easy to second guess in baseball, I do as well I just don't wear emotion on my sleeve like the PlayStation folks.
Yes he has faults, so what he is a temporary HC, done more good than bad!

tcdog70
05-18-2018, 11:08 AM
the consensus of the Board at the start of the year is we would win-MAYBE 6 SEC games.. How about beating AR-Ole Miss and FL (so far)--7-1 . All in spite of Henderson?? He has made some head scratching calls--but we have been pretty damn good the last half of the season. I'll bet the Gator fans think their Coach is an idiot for taking the Starter out last night.

How bout an atta boy for Henderson letting Jake hit instead of bunting-or sending Self back out to close the deal.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Henderson is just like the saying goes "That's Baseball". Easy to second guess in baseball, I do as well I just don't wear emotion on my sleeve like the PlayStation folks.

There's a post just under this one giving Henderson credit.

Cooterpoot
05-18-2018, 11:10 AM
What's the odds we see a OM, USM, MSU, and whoever in the Oxford regional? I'd say extremely low but would be fun to get OM right off the bat.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 11:13 AM
the consensus of the Board at the start of the year is we would win 6 SEC games.. How about beating AR-Ole Miss and FL (so far)--7-1 . All in spite of Henderson?? He has made some head scratching calls--but we have been pretty damn good the last half of the season. I'll bet the Gator fans think their Coach is an idiot for taking the Starter out last night.

How bout an atta boy for Henderson letting Jake hit instead of bunting-or sending Self back out to close the deal.
It's in the game thread. Good decision there by Henderson. Like myself and others have said this morning, good game management from Hendo last night.

basedog
05-18-2018, 11:14 AM
There's a post just under this one giving Henderson credit.

It's more what we should be thinking and saying. My post was to the bashing while game is going on and reading all the losers. If our players thought like them lord help Msu! It's sickening and I sure as hell wouldn't want to Coach or play with losers like those bashes!

tcdog70
05-18-2018, 11:22 AM
It's in the game thread. Good decision there by Henderson. Like myself and others have said this morning, good game management from Hendo last night.

i pretty much can't read the game thread because of all the whining and bitching. they play 9 innings for a reason. Most Coaching decisions are just a coin-flip. the Coach is hell if you do or hell if you don't. Mostly-players make plays or they don't.

was it a good decision to bunt the runner to second?? As it turned out -hell yes-game changer because their Pitcher didn't take the out at first. But if He throws the runner out at 2nd--then henderson is a dumb-ass.

confucius say
05-18-2018, 11:22 AM
I read the game thread after the game too and you are correct, the first 7 pages were ridiculous. Posters say some stupid things in game threads and then claim, "it's a game thread, what do you expect?" I expect us (self included) to not let emotions take over the ability to think rationally.

That said, I credit Hindu for his overall approach with the team and keeping the car between the yellow lines. But he is not a good in-game manager, especially when it comes to managing personnel.

shoeless joe
05-18-2018, 11:27 AM
We were fortunate to have him in position to take over after the cann fiasco. Said it at the time and stand by it now. Doesn't mean I agree with every decision he's made. I was a huge Cohen guy...doesn't mean I agree with every decision.

What some folks don't realize is that there is way more involved in being the head coach than hittin some fungo, throwin some BP, and makin out a line up.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 11:29 AM
i pretty much can't read the game thread because of all the whining and bitching. they play 9 innings for a reason. Most Coaching decisions are just a coin-flip. the Coach is hell if you do or hell if you don't. Mostly-players make plays or they don't.

was it a good decision to bunt the runner to second?? As it turned out -hell yes-game changer because their Pitcher didn't take the out at first. But if He throws the runner out at 2nd--then henderson is a dumb-ass.

That's how it works- If coach does something and we win, he's praised. If he does something and we lose, he's bashed.

msstate7
05-18-2018, 11:36 AM
We were fortunate to have him in position to take over after the cann fiasco. Said it at the time and stand by it now. Doesn't mean I agree with every decision he's made. I was a huge Cohen guy...doesn't mean I agree with every decision.

What some folks don't realize is that there is way more involved in being the head coach than hittin some fungo, throwin some BP, and makin out a line up.

Lineup is a pretty big deal though.

I like Alexander as a player probably more than anyone here; one look at his slash line though tells you he has no business hitting 2nd or 4th.

This team's turnaround pretty much coincides with the decision to go with Gilbert at catcher over Skelton. Posters here were calling for that move waaaay before Henderson actually did it.

We played musical chairs with macnamee early in the season instead of just letting him get his ABs to get going. Mac is now hitting .301 with an .800 ops but inexplicably has only started 31 games after being one of our best hitters down the stretch last season.

Not a fan of the big stretch of games we didn't see foscue either

msstatelp1
05-18-2018, 11:45 AM

How bad is it when you expect Henderson do just that....make Jake bunt and pulling Self? There's a reason(s) we've come to expect such.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 11:49 AM
How bad is it when you expect Henderson do just that....make Jake bunt and pulling Self? There's a reason(s) we've come to expect such.

Lol. So true.

TheRef
05-18-2018, 11:53 AM
What's the odds we see a OM, USM, MSU, and whoever in the Oxford regional? I'd say extremely low but would be fun to get OM right off the bat.

They don't put the same conference in a regional together. We could match up in the Supers, but won't be in the regional

msbulldog
05-18-2018, 12:24 PM
I'm sick of all the trash talking/bashing Henderson. Under the circumstances he has done ok, he didn't ask to be our HC. The poor start isn't on him nor Cohen as some of u thrasher have said. Fact is Henderson is about to lead this team into the NCAA tourney now. Just because some of you know it all that never make a mistake much less coached a day in your life doesn't mean your PlayStation says to make certain lineups and coaching decisions.
I got up and decided to read what was said about the game last night. Same ole same ole with trash talking quitters who haven't a clue. What a bunch of losers who can't be realistic Msu fans.

You losers can trash talk about my post cause it's fitting for some, my question to the ones that do can your PlayStation tell u what or how to respond cause you must have it set on the losers mode.

Btw, I didn't give us much hope in beating Florida or much less with a chance of winning two, but maybe Henderson leads us to another victory and how sweat that would be?

HailState

Amen, Basedog! Rep given.

AROB44
05-18-2018, 01:38 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

Spot on, Coach!

Bully13
05-18-2018, 01:42 PM
He just better not be keeping gassed pitchers into long causing injuries.

I seen it dawg
05-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Sorry but while I appreciate his keeping the car on the road his lineup, in game decisions, handling of pitching has been less than stellar. I appreciate his contributions but damn his decisions have directly cost us numerous games. The euphoria of last night has some of y'all straight loco.

Pit Bull
05-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Funny how one win against FL gets everyone happy. Seriously though, we're one win from a regional. I think this team is fighting for it. Not sure how much that's Henderson, but whatever it takes to make the Oxford regional, where we own OM, I'm good with.

Were you at the Shriner's Classic in Houston? I doubt it. Coach Henderson made me very proud to represent MSU for us. His interaction and compassion with all the crippled kids in front of all the Houston fans and other televised areas was commendable. BTW, his decision making out there won us 3 games in a row......Vandy went 0-3 against the same competition. Listening to Hendy talk pitching philosophy runs circles around any wannabe coach we have on this board. We better hope our new coach has the wisdom to retain him as pitching coach or in some other assistant capacity. The man knows baseball. Just because you or others don't like his calls or decisions is moot. He's forgotten more than you have ever dreamed of knowing about the game of baseball.

Pit Bull
05-18-2018, 05:19 PM
He just better not be keeping gassed pitchers into long causing injuries.

You got him confused with Wes Johnson of Arkansas. Wes was bald, short, and ruined pitchers arms. Gary has hair, is tall, and saves arms.

yjnkdawg
05-18-2018, 05:34 PM

HailState

Some people either can't comprehend this or don't want too. He was happy being our pitching coach.

confucius say
05-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Were you at the Shriner's Classic in Houston? I doubt it. Coach Henderson made me very proud to represent MSU for us. His interaction and compassion with all the crippled kids in front of all the Houston fans and other televised areas was commendable. BTW, his decision making out there won us 3 games in a row......Vandy went 0-3 against the same competition. Listening to Hendy talk pitching philosophy runs circles around any wannabe coach we have on this board. We better hope our new coach has the wisdom to retain him as pitching coach or in some other assistant capacity. The man knows baseball. Just because you or others don't like his calls or decisions is moot. He's forgotten more than you have ever dreamed of knowing about the game of baseball.

Nobody has ever doubted his pitching philosophy or character as a human being. It's his personnel decisions and in game management that is lacking.

yjnkdawg
05-18-2018, 05:42 PM

But if the Playstation folks were coaching our baseball team, we would probably be undefeated. LOL

basedog
05-18-2018, 05:44 PM
But if the Playstation folks were coaching our baseball team, we would probably be undefeated. LOL

Of course***

I seen it dawg
05-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Amazing people all in on henderson now after winning last night. Solidifies my opinion on a lot of things.

shoeless joe
05-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Amazing people all in on henderson now after winning last night. Solidifies my opinion on a lot of things.

Some of us never wavered

MarketingBully
05-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Sorry but while I appreciate his keeping the car on the road his lineup, in game decisions, handling of pitching has been less than stellar. I appreciate his contributions but damn his decisions have directly cost us numerous games. The euphoria of last night has some of y'all straight loco.

This. He has had a -10 coaching effect this year and when we get a guy like a Schloss or a McDonnell to lead this team next year you will see just how bad a coach he was.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 09:18 PM
This. He has had a -10 coaching effect this year and when we get a guy like a Schloss or a McDonnell to lead this team next year you will see just how bad a coach he was.

Yep. If Schloss or McDonnell were here this year, we probably win 35-40 games and chasing a National seed.

yjnkdawg
05-18-2018, 11:58 PM
Some of you bashing Henderson just apparently don't understand how the situation due to the Cann fiasco, affected our team and especially our freshmen players mentally and emotionally. especially since some actually came here because they wanted to play for Cann, and one even decommited from LSU to follow him here. Add to that, playing all those early games on the road, and not being able to actually practice on your own field. The players had to come together from that snafu and go forward, and it took a while. Henderson has made some mistakes I agree, but I do believe Bianco made a least "one" mistake in our games with OM. Coaches make mistakes. It's a part of the game. Did you ever think maybe something could have transpired on the field or in the dugout that made Henderson do what he did. And oh yeah, he has to make quick decisions, and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, but he doesn't have the luxury of calling the shots from some message board game thread. We also know that Ben McDonald , and others, who have "some" baseball expertise know less than the Playstation bunch about what Henderson has been able to accomplish so far under the circumstances that he was dealt. *** .So some of you actually believe that if a certain coach inherited the emotional and mental situation of our program, we could be possibly be chasing a national seed? Cohen made a decision on who he thought could heal those wounds caused by Cann's screw ups and hopefully keep this team together, and move on away from the Cann era. If he had thought different, then he would have done something different. Now after all that, I trust in Cohen, and believe he will bring in an elite coach who is the right fit for our baseball program to move it to that elite level that we all want to see.

yjnkdawg
05-19-2018, 12:21 AM

HailState

Great Post. Rep given. Dern ! Have to spread some more reputation around before I can give basedog another rep.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 12:26 AM
If he's so good why isn't he being considered for our job?

I'll pause the PlayStation and listen.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 12:29 AM

It's like asking our baseball coach to make common sense baseball decisions is wrong.

And where was this defense when Henderson was messing up games?

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Some of you bashing Henderson just apparently don't understand how the situation due to the Cann fiasco, affected our team and especially our freshmen players mentally and emotionally. especially since some actually came here because they wanted to play for Cann, and one even decommited from LSU to follow him here. Add to that, playing all those early games on the road, and not being able to actually practice on your own field. The players had to come together from that snafu and go forward, and it took a while. Henderson has made some mistakes I agree, but I do believe Bianco made a least "one" mistake in our games with OM. Coaches make mistakes. It's a part of the game. Did you ever think maybe something could have transpired on the field or in the dugout that made Henderson do what he did. And oh yeah, he has to make quick decisions, and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, but he doesn't have the luxury of calling the shots from some message board game thread. We also know that Ben McDonald , and others, who have "some" baseball expertise know less than the Playstation bunch about what Henderson has been able to accomplish so far under the circumstances that he was dealt. *** .So some of you actually believe that if a certain coach inherited the emotional and mental situation of our program, we could be possibly be chasing a national seed? Cohen made a decision on who he thought could heal those wounds caused by Cann's screw ups and hopefully keep this team together, and move on away from the Cann era. If he had thought different, then he would have done something different. Now after all that, I trust in Cohen, and believe he will bring in an elite coach who is the right fit for our baseball program to move it to that elite level that we all want to see.

Yeah- about those players that were emotionally hurt by Cann leaving....

Some of them were the ones that turned him in. And then we immediately started playing better. So I'd say they recovered from any emotional stress pretty quickly. Certainly quickly enough to sweep through the Shriner's Classic two weeks later.

yjnkdawg
05-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Yeah- about those players that were emotionally hurt by Cann leaving....

Some of them were the ones that turned him in. And then we immediately started playing better. So I'd say they recovered from any emotional stress pretty quickly. Certainly quickly enough to sweep through the Shriner's Classic two weeks later.

I was aware too that some turned him in. I didn't say one thing in my above comment about the players crying when Cann left. They wanted to play for him. They trusted and believed in him and then he let them down. I'm not against criticizing a coach, but it appears some are so obsessed with Henderson's situation, that they appear to actually want him to fail.. Heck before we even play a game, Henderson has already screwed up in some of your minds.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 01:56 AM
I was aware too that some turned him in. I didn't mean that they were upset because he left, but what he did.

I'm sure they were disappointed by his actions. But the reality is his actions only really affected the team three games. They almost immediately started playing better once he left.

You can give Henderson some credit for that- but I think the players deserve more of the credit myself.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Against the best 3 teams in the sec (ark, OM, and Florida), we are now 8-1 (included gov game with om). Against the rest of the sec, we are 7-14. You could look at this 2 ways: 1. Henderson has done a great job having us ready to play the best 2. Henderson has the talent to beat the best teams in the sec and has, but has done a terrible job beating the avg sec teams.

basedog
05-19-2018, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;935718]If he's so good why isn't he being considered for our job?

I'll pause the PlayStation and listen.[/QUOTE

Reason being he isn't considered is really simple, Cohen and "we" Msu fans want more from a Coach. Plus I bet Henderson doesn't want to be our HC.

Now go re-set your PlayStation mode to being a fan and stop bitching so much while the game is being played. At least wait till after 9 innings is played or just maybe ur PlayStation only has 7 innings or less.

Kids gonna play with PlayStations, surely you guys don't win every time ......oh wait.

We are gonna get a upgrade Coach, I've never said Henderson was a great Coach so stop the madness. AGAIN my point is about the crying, bashing, trashing and giving up while the game is going on.

PlayStation gang will never die on ED.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 07:29 AM
So what if the announcers brag on Henderson. Do you expect them to say "Gary Henderson sucks?" No announcer says that.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;935718]If he's so good why isn't he being considered for our job?

Reason being he isn't considered is really simple, Cohen and "we" Msu fans want more from a Coach. Plus I bet Henderson doesn't want to be our HC.

Now go re-set your PlayStation mode to being a fan and stop bitching so much while the game is being played. At least wait till after 9 innings is played or just maybe ur PlayStation only has 7 innings or less.

Kids gonna play with PlayStations, surely you guys don't win every time ......oh wait.

We are gonna get a upgrade Coach, I've never said Henderson was a great Coach so stop the madness. AGAIN my point is about the crying, bashing, trashing and giving up while the game is going on.

I find it funny you have no problem bashing a kid of ours, Alexander, but you have a BIG problem bashing a grown man, Henderson. Strange to me...

msbulldog
05-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Dammit people, we just clinched a series over the #1 team in the country, ENJOY! HAIL STATE!

basedog
05-19-2018, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=basedog;935741]

I find it funny you have no problem bashing a kid of ours, Alexander, but you have a BIG problem bashing a grown man, Henderson. Strange to me...

Strange to me is you live on message boards all day long. Bashing u say, I suppose u give Pilk a pass huh? Dude stay in your lane.

By comparison 7, Henderson as a Coach is way ahead of Belmont as a player. That's just a fact.

msstate7
05-19-2018, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE=msstate7;935747]

Strange to me is you live on message boards all day long. Bashing u say, I suppose u give Pilk a pass huh? Dude stay in your lane.

By comparison 7, Henderson as a Coach is way ahead of Belmont as a player. That's just a fact.

I don't give a crap who rips who here. Just pointing out that you get mad at people being critical of a 63-year-old man who gets paid, but not a 21-year-old kid who pays state for the right to play.

I haven't ripped pilk at all. I just pointed out he isn't an elite friday night guy in the sec.

And while I don't care who rips who here, I do agree with mike Gundy in that you go after the grown man before the kids.

basedog
05-19-2018, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=basedog;935762]

I don't give a crap who rips who here. Just pointing out that you get mad at people being critical of a 63-year-old man who gets paid, but not a 21-year-old kid who pays state for the right to play.

I haven't ripped pilk at all. I just pointed out he isn't an elite friday night guy in the sec.

And what I've said about Belmont was he isn't a Sec SS.

Let me say again, my POINT in the thread is the bitching and constant bashing while a game is still being played!

I haven't advocated Henderson as our HC next year, again my POINT is he was put in a terrible situation, injured pitching staff, lack of leadership in fall practice from Cann, freshman players, had 6 practices at the Dude, road games, and a staff that he didn't hire but was one of. How damn hard is that for PlayStation guys not recognize all of this and more.
Players also know Cohen is gonna hire a HC for next year, It also has some effect on young players.

Now I have a birthday coming up and I told my wife to get me the up to date PlayStation so I can join the Gang*****

It's awesome how we started and where we are today. Players and Coaches should be praised!

msstate7
05-19-2018, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=msstate7;935764]

And what I've said about Belmont was he isn't a Sec SS.

Let me say again, my POINT in the thread is the bitching and constant bashing while a game is still being played!

I haven't advocated Henderson as our HC next year, again my POINT is he was put in a terrible situation, injured pitching staff, lack of leadership in fall practice from Cann, freshman players, had 6 practices at the Dude, road games, and a staff that he didn't hire but was one of. How damn hard is that for PlayStation guys not recognize all of this and more.
Players also know Cohen is gonna hire a HC for next year, It also has some effect on young players.

Now I have a birthday coming up and I told my wife to get me the up to date PlayStation so I can join the Gang*****

It's awesome how we started and where we are today. Players and Coaches should be praised!

The b*tching during the games isn't some strange occurrence. Bama football fans melt like crazy in game threads... check out tRant sometimes. The sec is full of rabid fans that care WAY too much about athletics... that passion is what makes this conference the absolute best in the country. That crazy passion is we have is what has great coaches like Schloss, Corbin, and McDonnell considering our job. We as a fan base will always be way too critical at times and way too praising at others... make no mistake though, it is bc we care.

basedog
05-19-2018, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=basedog;935775]

The b*tching during the games isn't some strange occurrence. Bama football fans melt like crazy in game threads... check out tRant sometimes. The sec is full of rabid fans that care WAY too much about athletics... that passion is what makes this conference the absolute best in the country. That crazy passion we have is what has great coaches like Schloss, Corbin, and McDonnell considering our job. We as a fan base will always be way too critical at times and way too praising at others... make no mistake though, it is bc we care.

I don't read other message boards except SixPack.

I never said Msu fans don't care.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 08:51 AM

The fact that "we" expect more out of our coach is exactly why he gets "bashed". But we're all glad you decided to take this stand in the final week despite being silent while our head coach made moves that cost us games against Mizzou, Vanderbilt, started Hatcher in LF, bunted at weird times, almost went entire weekends without using some of our best relief pitchers, has blindly pitched our ace 100 pitches no matter what and no matter how he performs, and only started using Riley Self once his mother told everyone on Genespage that he was actually healthy despite Henderson saying otherwise. And it looks like Mom was right- meaning who knows how many weeks of overworking our bullpen occurred unnecessarily.

But please fall on the Gary Henderson sword like you did with Dan Mullen. You'll be just as wrong this time as you were the last time. Except even more obviously so while bragging about playing leather helmets and Al Bundy makes you somehow more knowledgeable about sports than everyone else.

AROB44
05-19-2018, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=basedog;935775]

The b*tching during the games isn't some strange occurrence. Bama football fans melt like crazy in game threads... check out tRant sometimes. The sec is full of rabid fans that care WAY too much about athletics... that passion is what makes this conference the absolute best in the country. That crazy passion is we have is what has great coaches like Schloss, Corbin, and McDonnell considering our job. We as a fan base will always be way too critical at times and way too praising at others... make no mistake though, it is bc we care.

nm ...removed because I was wrong.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 08:57 AM
The fact that "we" expect more out of our coach is exactly why he gets "bashed". But we're all glad you decided to take this stand in the final week despite being silent while our head coach made moves that cost us games against Mizzou, Vanderbilt, started Hatcher in LF, bunted at weird times, almost went entire weekends without using some of our best relief pitchers, has blindly pitched our ace 100 pitches no matter what and no matter how he performs, and only started using Riley Self once his mother told everyone on Genespage that he was actually healthy despite Henderson saying otherwise. And it looks like Mom was right- meaning who knows how many weeks of overworking our bullpen occurred unnecessarily.

But please fall on the Gary Henderson sword like you did with Dan Mullen. You'll be just as wrong this time as you were the last time. Except even more obviously so while bragging about playing leather helmets and Al Bundy makes you somehow more knowledgeable about sports than everyone else.

Don't forget the game where Gilbert and Skelton were both in the starting lineup.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Also there is nothing tangible that says that does or does not want our job. I have a feeling he would be more than fine to take a million dollars from us to be our head coach.

He's not a candidate regardless of whether he wants the job or not- and he showed this season why. An average coach has us at 35-38 wins and a possible National Seed and lock to host. Gary has us on the the bubble the last week of the year.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Don't forget the game where Gilbert and Skelton were both in the starting lineup.

Or the games we actually won in spite of his moves- like the Governor's Cup.

And then he topped it off by commenting that he understood where Bianco was coming from on his obviously terrible decision to put the go ahead run on base. Pretty hilarious evening all the way around. And it's too bad that the Elitedawgs didn't get my perspective from the stands with Ole Miss fans who were obnoxious the entire game who left in the 8th after we took the lead- only to return to double down on the smack in the 9th...and then look like someone kicked them in the stomach while we walked them off and got the last laugh. And to rub salt in the wound the trophy presenters ran down the aisle with the Governor's Cup while the walk off was going on.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Or the games we actually won in spite of his moves- like the Governor's Cup.

And then he topped it off by commenting that he understood where Bianco was coming from on his obviously terrible decision to put the go ahead run on base. Pretty hilarious evening all the way around. And it's too bad that the Elitedawgs didn't get my perspective from the stands with Ole Miss fans who were obnoxious the entire game who left in the 8th after we took the lead- only to return to double down on the smack in the 9th...and then look like someone kicked them in the stomach while we walked them off and got the last laugh. And to rub salt in the wound the trophy presenters ran down the aisle with the Governor's Cup while the walk off was going on.

Yep. Even the folks on Genespage were throwing a fit over that game.

yjnkdawg
05-19-2018, 09:21 AM
It's more what we should be thinking and saying. My post was to the bashing while game is going on and reading all the losers. If our players thought like them lord help Msu! It's sickening and I sure as hell wouldn't want to Coach or play with losers like those bashes!

That's why I would rather actually watch or see a game. You can add to the bashing prior to our games as well.

yjnkdawg
05-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Also there is nothing tangible that says that does or does not want our job. I have a feeling he would be more than fine to take a million dollars from us to be our head coach.

He's not a candidate regardless of whether he wants the job or not- and he showed this season why. An average coach has us at 35-38 wins and a possible National Seed and lock to host. Gary has us on the the bubble the last week of the year.

I don't see anybody promoting or advocating Henderson for being our new coach on this thread, or any other thread. He was happy being our pitching coach. Then he got put in a situation that he had not planned to be in. He did not go to Cohen and ask or beg for the interim position. Now whether he wants our HC position 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%, I have no clue. It seems like some of ya'll should add Cohen to your bitching list, since he made the decision to have Henderson as our Interim Head Coach.

basedog
05-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Todd I'm so glad you are an expert with your PlayStation games, once again u ain't Ric Cleveland nor do u know as much as your ego says it is on the PlayStation. Pretty easy to bash sitting on the sidelines.

Pretty easy to say u never coached but I did hear you were a 5 star band member.

Click an ad while your PlayStationing today.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 10:41 AM
I don't see anybody promoting or advocating Henderson for being our new coach on this thread, or any other thread. He was happy being our pitching coach. Then he got put in a situation that he had not planned to be in. He did not go to Cohen and ask or beg for the interim position. Now whether he wants our HC position 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%, I have no clue. It seems like some of ya'll should add Cohen to your bitching list, since he made the decision to have Henderson as our Interim Head Coach.

Cohen has caught a lot of flack over the Cann situation- including here and including by me.

Henderson could have declined the interim position had he really wanted to and we could have gone with Gautreau as the interim. It's not like anyone put a gun to Gary Henderson's head.

basedog
05-19-2018, 10:43 AM

+1

We have the agenda and now we have the PlayStation Coaches.

basedog
05-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Cohen has caught a lot of flack over the Cann situation- including here and including by me.

Henderson could have declined the interim position had he really wanted to and we could have gone with Gautreau as the interim. It's not like anyone put a gun to Gary Henderson's head.

Right, no experience as a HC over a guy who has.

You bitching about a team that has turned this around is ridiculous, what a joke!

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 10:49 AM
Todd I'm so glad you are an expert with your PlayStation games, once again u ain't Ric Cleveland nor do u know as much as your ego says it is on the PlayStation. Pretty easy to bash sitting on the sidelines.

Pretty easy to say u never coached but I did hear you were a 5 star band member.

Click an ad while your PlayStationing today.

And by being in the band I spent more time on the field than you.

You are evidence that "playing" (if you really even did) doesn't equal sports knowledge. You've dug yourself a massive hole by playing Polly Anna and can't back up anything sports related without name calling and accusing everyone of playing Play Station- including to some posters that played the sport at a much higher level than you. But please keep telling everyone how awesome you were at sports.

I'll take not being Rick Cleveland as a compliment.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 10:50 AM
That's why I would rather actually watch or see a game. You can add to the bashing prior to our games as well.

It is hard to read the game threads, drama queens abound. the Coach can make all kinds of moves, but if the players don't execute he looks like a Goat. They play 9 innings not 5 or 6 . As Polkie used to say, to win you must get into their bullpen. As a rule the Coach looks much better if He has a couple of stud Pitchers and a badass closer.

KOdawg1
05-19-2018, 10:50 AM
+1

We have the agenda and now we have the PlayStation Coaches.

Jesus, give it a rest man.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Right, no experience as a HC over a guy who has.

You bitching about a team that has turned this around is ridiculous, what a joke!

Where am I "bitching about the team"? Link please?

I'm very clearly calling you out over your ridiculous stance.

Yes Henderson was the obvious choice because of his experience but no one forced him to take the spot either. He had some say and choice in the matter.

And you know what else I won't find a link to? You actually defending anything Henderson did that is baseball related.

KOdawg1
05-19-2018, 10:53 AM

You are evidence that "playing" (if you really even did) doesn't equal sports knowledge. You've dug yourself a massive hole by playing Polly Anna and can't back up anything sports related without name calling and accusing everyone of playing Play Station- including to some posters that played the sport at a much higher level than you. But please keep telling everyone how awesome you were at sports.

dayummm

basedog
05-19-2018, 10:55 AM

LOL, you have no clue dude! Never have I talked about my ability, but I promise my playing days were a lot harder than marching in a straight line!

I may not have a PlayStation mainly because I know how real coaches feel and go thru. I also know how real athletes feel and what they go thru but I have not a clue about marching in the band. Is that a sport?

AROB44
05-19-2018, 10:56 AM
And by being in the band I spent more time on the field than you.[/B]

You obviously don't know basedog. And I'll just leave it at that.

basedog
05-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Jesus, give it a rest man.

+1

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 10:57 AM

In a whole season, No matter who the Coach, you can go back and find situations that failed. Here is the bottom line..
We are 8-1 against top 3 teams . So some praise has to go to the Coach.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Cleveland(award winning sportswriter> Todd ( message board Warrior)

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:02 AM
In a whole season, No matter who the Coach, you can go back and find situations that failed. Here is the bottom line..
We are 8-1 against top 3 teams . So some praise has to go to the Coach.

Are you agreeing with him putting BOTH CATCHERS IN THE STARTING LINEUP?

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:03 AM
LOL, you have no clue dude! Never have I talked about my ability, but I promise my playing days were a lot harder than marching in a straight line!

I may not have a PlayStation mainly because I know how real coaches feel and go thru. I also know how real athletes feel and what they go thru but I have not a clue about marching in the band. Is that a sport?

You obviously have no clue either. And again proved my point that "playing" doesn't make you an expert on sports of any kind.

But again keep telling everyone how awesome you are Al Bundy.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Where am I "bitching about the team"? Link please?

I'm very clearly calling you out over your ridiculous stance.

Yes Henderson was the obvious choice because of his experience but no one forced him to take the spot either. He had some say and choice in the matter.

And you know what else I won't find a link to? You actually defending anything Henderson did that is baseball related.

Help me remember, didn't Henderson win Coach of the year once, maybe I'm wrong.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Cleveland(award winning sportswriter> Todd ( message board Warrior)

Yeah I have a real job that can't be replaced by bloggers.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:06 AM

2012. Meaning he has as many coach of the year awards as Croom.

Leroy Jenkins
05-19-2018, 11:07 AM
I didn't read the last 4 pages, but, Henderson sucks. Even if we win the whole damn CWS, he still sucks. I'm out.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wj1SIvSM4ago/200w.gif

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:09 AM

Polly Anna says you just play Play Station and don't understand sports.**

In the meantime we're all still waiting on him to defend any actual Gary Henderson move with his enlightening sports knowledge. We all know that's not happening.

basedog
You obviously have no clue either. And again proved my point that "playing" doesn't make you an expert on sports of any kind.

But again keep telling everyone how awesome you are Al Bundy.

Proved your point, how funny! PlayStation Coach of year in all sports! Does it have Band Marching?

tcdog70

Dude, way to pick out one thing as a comeback. Did I say I agreed with that? He does several things I didn't agree with, but so did Polk, and the IB. Read carefully----I said over the whole course of the season you can find questionable decisions a coach makes. That was a head scratcher. He must have had a reason.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Did I dream that Henderson was fired at Kentucky, or did that really happen?

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:11 AM
I didn't read the last 4 pages, but, Henderson sucks. Even if we win the whole damn CWS, he still sucks. I'm out.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wj1SIvSM4ago/200w.gif

Ha, wow, if we win the CWS, he still sucks--get the **** out

Turfdawg67
05-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Yeah, so did Sylvester Croom...

Can't believe I just bumped this petty thread. Oh, well. Hats off to Henderson on beating top ranked teams and then losing to below .500 teams in the same season, with the same talent... late in the year.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Look- if the catcher in that game got hurt, we would have to move the one from dh to catcher- and lose the dh.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Only took 50 games to find the right lineup.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:13 AM

Your point being? He got fired so he sux? There have been lots of really good coaches that have been fired.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Look- if the catcher in that game got hurt, we would have to move the one from dh to catcher- and lose the dh.

Stovall would have caught.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Your point being? He got fired so he sux? There have been lots of really good coaches that have been fired.

What's your point with him winning coy? So did Croom.

Todd4State

No that really happened. And Cohen gave him a bone by making him our pitching coach. The reality is both of us are helping each other out.

Just like putting all of catcher in the lineup happened too.

tcdog70
2012. Meaning he has as many coach of the year awards as Croom.

Way to bring up the Slytanic, ha good one.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Stovall would have caught.

Which would have made us much weaker up the middle of the field defensively.

Todd4State
05-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Way to bring up the Slytanic, ha good one.

Maroon is all that matters.**

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:19 AM
What's your point with him winning coy? So did Croom.

Well, my point was that Cohen made him the Head Coach because he had head coaching experience and also was COY. Please don't make me ask you what your point is on about half of your post. Some people are like chickens_-they wake up in a new World everyday. Are you a youngster? Just asking

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 11:21 AM

Don’t forget about the game against Auburn he left Cole Gordon in and they scored 7 runs on us that inning before he took him out. We were up 4-0 in that game to start that inning...genius coaching.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Which would have made us much weaker up the middle of the field defensively.

Look Todd, I'm not arguing that it would or it would' have. I just pointed out that he is our 3td catcher. Guess what nobody got hurt, and our defense was Ok. And we didn't lose our DH.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Well, my point was that Cohen made him the Head Coach because he had head coaching experience and also was COY. Please don't make me ask you what your point is on about half of your post. Some people are like chickens_-they wake up in a new World everyday. Are you a youngster? Just asking

Middle aged. I'll try and tone my attitude down some. In the end, we're all Dawgs!

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Don’t forget about the game against Auburn he left Cole Gordon in and they scored 7 runs on us that inning before he took him out. We were up 4-0 in that game to start that inning...genius coaching.

I'm with you on that one, kinda silly. Like I said you can go back and find stupid decisions on any Coach. Hind-site is after all 20-20.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Middle aged. I'll try and tone my attitude down some. In the end, we're all Dawgs!

No don't tone it down, say what you want, it is a 17ing message board, after all. We are here to agree and disagree.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Yeah I have a real job that can't be replaced by bloggers.

WHAT? Are you speaking in code?

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:28 AM

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 11:36 AM
I’ll bash Henderson as much as I want and that’s my right like it was my right to bash Croom and Ray because they sucked as head coaches in their sports here. Henderson’s coaching decisions and stubbornness have cost us more wins then they have helped us win. Those are facts. After what 50 or so games he’s finally starting to use effective lineups and not have Alexander in the 2 or 4 hole. He still doesn’t know who to use as DH and the DH has been musical chairs. He’s completely waisted our best freshman in Anderson, played several of our freshmen out of position in positions they won’t play under the new head coach (Allen and Hatcher) and would trot relievers out there in games they clearly weren’t prepared to compete in. You add all this together and you have a team that will barely get into the NCAA tournament instead of a team that at the very least could have hosted a regional...

MarketingBully
05-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'm all for hearing other opinions but I would like to hear people back up their opinions (not directed at you- the board in general).

Facts? Okay. Henderson decisions directly resulted in losses to Vandy, Missouri, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, and Kentucky. You can go to those games and see the Bennie Hill decisions taking place which led to fans to nickname his idiot decisions Hendersoning.

Bulldog1
05-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Facts? Okay. Henderson decisions directly resulted in losses to Vandy, Missouri, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, and Kentucky. You can go to those games and see the Bennie Hill decisions taking place which led to fans to nickname his idiot decisions Hendersoning.

What are you coming at me for? I've expressed my problems with Henderson all year.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 12:55 PM

Not trying to dive all in this argument but....who the hell else was he gonna make Head Coach? Fitts? Gordon? Self? Mike Brown? Gautreau? Henderson being a former coach of the yr had nothing to do with it. It all was the fact he had done it before at some level, which no one else in our program has. He could have been Rick Ray and Crooms all rolled into 1 and he still would have been named interim.

tcdog70
05-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Not trying to dive all in this argument but....who the hell else was he gonna make Head Coach? Fitts? Gordon? Self? Mike Brown? Gautreau? Henderson being a former coach of the yr had nothing to do with it. It all was the fact he had done it before at some level, which no one else in our program has. He could have been Rick Ray and Crooms all rolled into 1 and he still would have been named interim.

17 me running, I agree. I was answering someone's question.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Hahahaha

I seen it dawg
05-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Shameless PlayStation ****ing bump for the mental midget horseshit from our pitching staff tonite and our catchers still not blocking ****ing balls. Pitching coach!

basedog
05-22-2018, 10:23 PM
LOL I seen it, without 34 the agenda must live. We had our chances, good game to watch. I ain't mad, I know the PlayStation gang will have much to say.

Agenda > PlayStation Coaches

Todd4State
05-22-2018, 10:49 PM
LOL I seen it, without 34 the agenda must live. We had our chances, good game to watch. I ain't mad, I know the PlayStation gang will have much to say.

Still waiting for you to support Henderson's moves with actual baseball knowledge.

preachermatt83
05-22-2018, 11:40 PM
Still waiting for you to support Henderson's moves with actual baseball knowledge.

Don't hold your breath.

basedog
05-23-2018, 07:11 AM

LOL with "My Thoughts". I'm just not into message boards 24/7 Todd, I have too many other interest and way more important things to do in my life than to moan and groan over coaching decisions. Been there done that with Coaching, it has many ups and downs something you will never know or really understand.

basedog
05-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Don't hold your breath.

God is good preacher, I did hold my breathe when I was saved, more should don't you think?

I seen it dawg
05-23-2018, 11:57 AM

It's always an agenda...why can't it just be i wish we would hammer mental toughness home woth our pitchers or recruit more mentally tough kids that don't go out and walk guys leading off innings after we score? Or 2 out walks? Or pitcher throws the damn ball to second base to start a routine 1-6-3? Or pitchers fielding their position? Or catchers not being lazy as shit and block EVERY dirt/turf ball? All that is on the pitching coach. Wtf is agenda about that? Agenda i wish our pitching coach would do those things then fine I'm guilty.

MarketingBully
05-23-2018, 12:44 PM
It's always an agenda...why can't it just be i wish we would hammer mental toughness home woth our pitchers or recruit more mentally tough kids that don't go out and walk guys leading off innings after we score? Or 2 out walks? Or pitcher throws the damn ball to second base to start a routine 1-6-3? Or pitchers fielding their position? Or catchers not being lazy as shit and block EVERY dirt/turf ball? All that is on the pitching coach. Wtf is agenda about that? Agenda i wish our pitching coach would do those things then fine I'm guilty.

If Cohen gets McDonnell or Schlossnagle, the shit we saw yesterday will be a thing of the past.

basedog
05-23-2018, 01:09 PM

Yep and and you left out clutch hitting with men on base, two double plays with men on base in scoring position, strikeouts with men on base with less than two outs, way too many flyouts. That agenda should be addressed as well, it's more than just pitching involved in baseball.

MarketingBully
05-23-2018, 01:15 PM
Yep and and you left out clutch hitting with men on base, two double plays with men on base in scoring position, strikeouts with men on base with less than two outs, way too many flyouts. That agenda should be addressed as well, it's more than just pitching involved in baseball.

Five runs is a lot and should be enough to win the game when you are pitching your Friday night guy. If Henderson goes to Self instead of France, or Neff, or Smith, or even Gordon we win that game. Hell, he could of gone to Self after France was ineffective or after Neff was ineffective and we win the game. Should we of scored more runs and capitalized? Yes, but five runs should be enough for a Friday night starter and a competent bullpen to hold.

tcdog70
05-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Five runs is a lot and should be enough to win the game when you are pitching your Friday night guy. If Henderson goes to Self instead of France, or Neff, or Smith, or even Gordon we win that game. Hell, he could of gone to Self after France was ineffective or after Neff was ineffective and we win the game. Should we of scored more runs and capitalized? Yes, but five runs should be enough for a Friday night starter and a competent bullpen to hold.

how do you know that? are you a wizard? A couple of games ago people were whinning because we didn't go to France. Now we go to France and Oh hell no we should have gone to somebody else--no Shit Sherlock--hind site if 17ing 20-20. the problem was 2 pitchers fielding the ball like coach pitch kids.

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 03:46 PM
LOL with "My Thoughts". I'm just not into message boards 24/7 Todd, I have too many other interest and way more important things to do in my life than to moan and groan over coaching decisions. Been there done that with Coaching, it has many ups and downs something you will never know or really understand.

And yet you care enough to post on one regularly.

It's pretty obvious that baseball is something you will really never understand either.

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 03:48 PM

Because that actually involves discussing the game itself. Of course that actually entails having knowledge of the sport at some level too.

I seen it dawg
05-23-2018, 04:44 PM

Go back and re-read my post and mine was addressing all mental. The things the pitching coach drills all the time. Things that can't be blamed on not having fall at the stadium, Cann banging a whore, etc. You can't dispute a word I'm saying so you post some shit that doesn't have anything to do with Henderson. So you have an agenda about it's everyone else's fault i guess. Henderson does no wrong is that it?

And not to mention you didn't start all this chirping up until we beat Florida then all of a sudden coach of the year and everyone criticizing is PlayStation coach whatever that ****ing bullshit means.

basedog
05-23-2018, 04:53 PM
And yet you care enough to post on one regularly.

It's pretty obvious that baseball is something you will really never understand either.

LOL.

Your 22k posts trumps all of my 2,438 post. Now you are a regular on all sports. Geez!

basedog
05-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Go back and re-read my post and mine was addressing all mental. The things the pitching coach drills all the time. Things that can't be blamed on not having fall at the stadium, Cann banging a whore, etc. You can't dispute a word I'm saying so you post some shit that doesn't have anything to do with Henderson. So you have an agenda about it's everyone else's fault i guess. Henderson does no wrong is that it?

And not to mention you didn't start all this chirping up until we beat Florida then all of a sudden coach of the year and everyone criticizing is PlayStation coach whatever that ****ing bullshit means.

Ok, if it makes you feel better. I ain't mad except a few idiots think they know everything about every sport? Oh I forgot it's only a message board.

As for as Henderson, never said he was COY. Chirping you say, maybe some but not every game and no way near what the PlayStation Coaches do.

tcdog70
05-23-2018, 10:31 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Ha, ha, ha tweedle Dee backing up tweedle dum. Do,you two think there is just one way to play baseball. Different coaches do different things. The bottom line is the players have to win the game. People critiqued Polk, Cohen and now are pounding Henderson.

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 11:46 PM
LOL.

Your 22k posts trumps all of my 2,438 post. Now you are a regular on all sports. Geez!

I would say 2400 posts is a lot for someone that claims that they "don't care about message boards".

Not to mention whatever you post on sixpack...

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Ha, ha, ha tweedle Dee backing up tweedle dum. Do,you two think there is just one way to play baseball. Different coaches do different things. The bottom line is the players have to win the game. People critiqued Polk, Cohen and now are pounding Henderson.

The coach puts the team in position to succeed or fail with his decisions. Do you think every coach is infallible? Even the greats make mistakes. With Henderson it isn't a question about our style of play. It's about his personnel decisions and our team's poor fundamentals at times.

Todd4State
05-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Ok, if it makes you feel better. I ain't mad except a few idiots think they know everything about every sport? Oh I forgot it's only a message board.

As for as Henderson, never said he was COY. Chirping you say, maybe some but not every game and no way near what the PlayStation Coaches do.

Ironically you're the only one telling anyone that you know everything about sports.

basedog
05-24-2018, 06:11 AM
Ironically you're the only one telling anyone that you know everything about sports.

You just can't help yourself Todd. You need some help dude, I see in every post if someone disagrees with you, you just keep coming back with more and more. No wonder you have around 23k post.

Message boards are not that important Todd, as you can see where you and I have gone with each other. I'm done dude let's see if you can?

Todd4State
05-24-2018, 08:52 AM
You just can't help yourself Todd. You need some help dude, I see in every post if someone disagrees with you, you just keep coming back with more and more. No wonder you have around 23k post.

Message boards are not that important Todd, as you can see where you and I have gone with each other. I'm done dude let's see if you can?

I'm not mad at all. Just pointing out the irony of toy telling everyone that you coached before and calling everyone names without defending any moves whatsoever with any kind of baseball knowledge... And then doubling down by saying that posters say that they know everything about baseball when in fact you are the only one making that claim.

I'm not the one with the problem here- it's you and it's called arrogance.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Muther****ing PlayStation bump for Henderson's sorry ****ing ass

bobcat91
06-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Anyone defending Henderson is a total moron. I for one can't wait to see him gone. We just got embarrassed on national tv by a damn guy who refused to put in our best relief to stop a big run. Now we are heading to the losers bracket, and we have his dumbass decisions to blame. Totally inexcusable