PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say, good job Henderson...

HoopsDawg
05-18-2018, 09:48 AM
you started the same lineup yesterday that we did in game 3 vs UK. The same lineup I have been calling for half the season. You bunted at the right time and you let Mangum swing away. You brought in Self and you let him finish the game. I have ragged on you all year so you deserve some praise for last night. Thank you O'Sullivan for running into 2 strike em out, throw em outs. Those 2 outs were much appreciated.

Now Henderson, don't get cute today. Don't overthink it. Go with the same lineup!! Let's go Small and if we have a chance to win, bring in France. If we don't, let's start France on Saturday. You got this buddy.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Yep! I've been very hard on him this year, but I have to give credit where it is due! Great game management last night, Hendo! Same lineup tonight. I'm with you Hoops, on bringing in France if we can win tonight, or starting him tomorrow if he doesn't pitch tonight. I've wanted that all year. Let's take the series!

MarketingBully
05-18-2018, 10:02 AM
you started the same lineup yesterday that we did in game 3 vs UK. The same lineup I have been calling for half the season. You bunted at the right time and you let Mangum swing away. You brought in Self and you let him finish the game. I have ragged on you all year so you deserve some praise for last night. Thank you O'Sullivan for running into 2 strike em out, throw em outs. Those 2 outs were much appreciated.

Now Henderson, don't get cute today. Don't overthink it. Go with the same lineup!! Let's go Small and if we have a chance to win, bring in France. If we don't, let's start France on Saturday. You got this buddy.

He basically did what an average coach would do. Stay with a lineup that worked after 50 games of dumb ass lineups and let his best hitter hit with a runner in scoring position. He then let a hot pitcher finish a game. So what? He’s still -10 in coach affect this year. The players stepped up more then it was him. Hell, he will have a screwed up lineup today that includes Skelton. You watch.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2018, 10:07 AM
He basically did what an average coach would do. Stay with a lineup that worked after 50 games of dumb ass lineups and let his best hitter hit with a runner in scoring position. He then let a hot pitcher finish a game. So what? He’s still -10 in coach affect this year. The players stepped up more then it was him. Hell, he will have a screwed up lineup today that includes Skelton. You watch.

Yes, my post was 70% praise, 30% patronizing.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 10:08 AM
He basically did what an average coach would do. Stay with a lineup that worked after 50 games of dumb ass lineups and let his best hitter hit with a runner in scoring position. He then let a hot pitcher finish a game. So what? He?s still -10 in coach affect this year. The players stepped up more then it was him. Hell, he will have a screwed up lineup today that includes Skelton. You watch.

I'm sure he will. And it's just plain stupidity if Skelton is in the lineup tonight.

drunkernhelldawg
05-18-2018, 10:09 AM

I give him some credit for holding us together and getting us into the season. After the early season problems, we were in danger of just packing it in. Yet here we are competing at the end.

Hopefully, we'll take advantage of the opportunity and hire a great coach.

confucius say
05-18-2018, 10:17 AM
I give him credit for keeping the team together and playing hard, although not sure how much of that is Gautreau.

MarketingBully
05-18-2018, 10:19 AM
I give him some credit for holding us together and getting us into the season. After the early season problems, we were in danger of just packing it in. Yet here we are competing at the end.

Hopefully, we'll take advantage of the opportunity and hire a great coach.

I’d credit players like Mangum, Stovall, and Macnamee on us not packing it in. I’d also credit some of the freshmen as well. Mangum is Dak-like in his leadership abilities.

Bulldog1
05-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Well Gilbert is catching, but for some insane reason, he pulled Foscue out of the lineup.

Pit Bull
05-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Well.....Hendy could coach the game of his lifetime tonight and we still may not beat the Gators. With Singer throwing, we better hope Ethan holds them to one run or less .........and when he gives way, we can hold them some more with whoever relieves him.

yjnkdawg
05-18-2018, 05:14 PM
He basically did what an average coach would do. Stay with a lineup that worked after 50 games of dumb ass lineups and let his best hitter hit with a runner in scoring position. He then let a hot pitcher finish a game. So what? He?s still -10 in coach affect this year. The players stepped up more then it was him. Hell, he will have a screwed up lineup today that includes Skelton. You watch.

If he starts Skelton tonight then that means that Gilbert is tired or not physically able to go. Anybody should be able to see that. So if you are going to bitch and gripe about what needs to be done , and not be done. then include the S&C Program as a problem. I don't agree with everything Henderson does for sure, but he inherited a very emotional situation, with young players, and a HC position that he had not foreseen, and he was happy being the pitching coach. He took the position to help Cohen and MSU out.

I seen it dawg
05-18-2018, 05:17 PM
What did henderson do yesterday to win that game? We were mostly dead and broken when mac hit the hr and fired the kids up. Winning a game, that all henderson did was not bunt Mangum (which is gautreau anyway), has people heaping praise for some reason. Thanks for holding the program together but shit we would be better off without all the bonehead shit

tcdog70
05-18-2018, 09:40 PM
What did henderson do yesterday to win that game? We were mostly dead and broken when mac hit the hr and fired the kids up. Winning a game, that all henderson did was not bunt Mangum (which is gautreau anyway), has people heaping praise for some reason. Thanks for holding the program together but shit we would be better off without all the bonehead shit

He did write the lineup. He also let Self close the game. But he has done some boneheaded shit. But for whatever the reason we are a dang good team right now.

basedog
05-18-2018, 09:52 PM
LOL, 11-5 last 16 games.

No one is saying Henderson will be our HC next year. He inherited a shit show, he has held this team together. Yes he makes mistakes but we are hot right now and shitting on him right now is wrong. He has done a decent job, I'm surprised how he has turned this thing around.