PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Atlanta Road Dawgs tour?

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2018, 02:52 PM
My wife and I are going to see Coach Moorhead and Cohen speak tonight. I will try to do my best and remember if anything interesting is said.

Lance Harbor
05-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Wanted to but couldn't make it. Enjoy.

My wife and I are going to see Coach Moorhead and Cohen speak tonight. I will try to do my best and remember if anything interesting is said.

West Houston Dog
05-17-2018, 03:44 PM
His hair has gone gray. talked to him for a bit and he is working in Houston some for a stem cell research firm.....

05-17-2018, 03:58 PM
I ask this a good bit but how is the ATL chapter? Specifically size wise

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2018, 05:32 PM
I ask this a good bit but how is the ATL chapter? Specifically size wise

I have been here 4 years and I hate to say it but this is the first time I have done anything with them.

Rick Danko
05-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Apparently Brandon Walker is quite upset that the chapter won?t email him back about joining....

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Apparently Brandon Walker is quite upset that the chapter won?t email him back about joining....

Well, he was there so I guess he got over it. He seems like a good dude.

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Moorhead talked about the strength coach being his first call. Same info about Stephen Guidry gaining 20 lbs of muscle. He also mentioned that we shouldn't worry about WRs. He was confident in that position. Talked about Fitz and KT both being championship level QBs. Aeris and Kylin are good. Kylin reminded him of Barkley. Oline is very good and has depth. Dline is almost 3 deep with high level SEC guys. Said Willie Gay was going to be very special. Simmons and Sweat were first time we had 2 all SEC Dline. Mentioned that we will compete and win at a high level.

He was not going for moral victories because that is what losers say. Mentioned Mullen only had one winning season in the SEC. Jackie had 2 98 & 99. Only 5 since the 70s. He is going to win SEC games because those are how you win championships.

He is a fantastic speaker. I really enjoyed it and the crowd got fired up.

Brandon Walker
05-17-2018, 09:47 PM
But I was there tonight and Joe Moorhead has me ready to run through a brick wall. His enthusiasm is contagious.

A few things that stood out to me were:

1. He said when we win the coin toss, he plans to always elect to receive the ball because he wants the offense to set the tone.
2. He said he plans to go for 2 often.
3. I get the sense that he's more excited about Kylin Hill than the fans are. And our fans are very excited about Kylin Hill.
4. He signed every autograph and took every picture. I asked him afterward if he was ready to get home after doing 10 cities in 6 days. He said "I love doing this. If anybody ever complains about what they have to do as an sec coach, they ought to be checked." He's a quality dude.

Rick Danko
05-17-2018, 09:58 PM
But I was there tonight and Joe Moorhead has me ready to run through a brick wall. His enthusiasm is contagious.

1. He said when we win the coin toss, he plans to always elect to receive the ball because he wants the offense to set the tone.
3. I get the sense that he's more excited about Kylin Hill than the fans are. And our fans are very excited about Kylin Hill.
4. He signed every autograph and took every picture. I asked him afterward if he was ready to get home after doing 10 cities in 6 days. He said "I love doing this. If anybody ever complains about what they have to do as an sec coach, they ought to be checked." He's a quality dude.

I find it honoring that I was able to get you to respond to this thread (I mean, your are BW and all), just hope you didn?t spread any stomach virus stuff to the head ball coach. All seriousness, keep doing what you do man, love the podcast and other media info you do. Just take more time out of your schedule to replace Bob on B&B for god sake, Hadad needs the help

Lance Harbor
05-18-2018, 03:45 PM
How was the attendance?

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2018, 10:13 PM
How was the attendance?

Sold out. They actually needed a bigger room. People were in the chairs around the back wall.

Bodaski
05-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Moorhead talked about the strength coach being his first call. Same info about Stephen Guidry gaining 20 lbs of muscle. He also mentioned that we shouldn't worry about WRs. He was confident in that position. Talked about Fitz and KT both being championship level QBs. Aeris and Kylin are good. Kylin reminded him of Barkley. Oline is very good and has depth. Dline is almost 3 deep with high level SEC guys. Said Willie Gay was going to be very special. Simmons and Sweat were first time we had 2 all SEC Dline. Mentioned that we will compete and win at a high level.

He was not going for moral victories because that is what losers say. Mentioned Mullen only had one winning season in the SEC. Jackie had 2 98 & 99. Only 5 since the 70s. He is going to win SEC games because those are how you win championships.

He is a fantastic speaker. I really enjoyed it and the crowd got fired up.

Wow, I've gotten blasted for bringing up Mullen's over all SEC record. Dan did wonders at MSU but he knew the same ole same ole was wearing off and he got out why his Name was still valuable and he could maximize his worth in a larger setting. We had never had the success we experienced under DM. I think hiring JoMo was exactly what we needed at the right time. I think he and this staff can recruit and coach us p to be a part of the upper echelon in the SEC.