PDA

View Full Version : So many millions of reasons to thank Mike Slive

Rick Cleveland
05-17-2018, 02:25 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/05/17/mike-slive-truly-right-person-at-right-time/

Lord McBuckethead
05-17-2018, 02:44 PM
As much as I disliked how he handled the Cam Newton stuff, the guy did oversee one of the largest increases in sports footprint in the history of the world. SEC football changed dramatically under his leadership. Some of it due to his work, some of it because of excellent individuals like Tebow, Meyer, Saban, Johnny Football, and Les Miles.

He was the head man at the right time and started the ball rolling.

AROB44
05-17-2018, 03:28 PM
As much as I disliked how he handled the Cam Newton stuff, the guy did oversee one of the largest increases in sports footprint in the history of the world. SEC football changed dramatically under his leadership. Some of it due to his work, some of it because of excellent individuals like Tebow, Meyer, Saban, Johnny Football, and Les Miles.

He was the head man at the right time and started the ball rolling.

This trumps everything! He refused to handle this correctly and instead accused us of not following "procedure". Never like him....he favored the "anointed ones".

PassInterference
05-17-2018, 03:41 PM
I also didn?t like how he sat on his hands when Swat broke the NCAA career blocks record, was recognized, and applauded by the rest of the crowd.

Cooterpoot
05-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Meh....Roy got all that money rolling. Slive just covered up the messes that would disrupt the cash flow.

basedog
05-17-2018, 04:29 PM
This trumps everything! He refused to handle this correctly and instead accused us of not following "procedure". Never like him....he favored the "anointed ones".

+1

Slive had no love for MSU. Wasn’t a fan at all.

msstatelp1
05-17-2018, 04:31 PM

This. He did everything he could to **** us and protect Cam and Auburn.

Todd4State
05-17-2018, 04:59 PM
I think his policies helped Ole Miss out a lot too.

Like not turning in other schools for violations. He basically made it OK to cheat.

Sad for his families loss but an average commissioner.