Hypnodawg
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Wow

FISHDAWG
10-08-2013, 01:54 PM
No Bo Wallace ???

Dawg61
10-08-2013, 02:06 PM
And AJ McCarron isn't in the top 50. That should tell you what that stat is worth. Still nice to see Dak up there.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 02:12 PM
And AJ McCarron isn't in the top 50. That should tell you what that stat is worth. Still nice to see Dak up there.

Look at the others in the top 10....that is some really good company, man. I think you are downplaying that way too much. Especially considering he's QB'd against two SEC teams

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Bama offense has been pretty shitty this year. I think this is more accurate than old qb rating.

dawgs
10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
mccarron hasn't played all that well. he had 1 good game against a&m, but otherwise has been pretty pedestrian this year. the whole bama offense has been pretty meh outside the a&m game.

MadDawg
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Any QB rating that has Dak in the top 10 has some serious, serious flaws. And don't get me wrong, I like Dak. A lot. But come on man.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Any QB rating that has Dak in the top 10 has some serious, serious flaws. And don't get me wrong, I like Dak. A lot. But come on man.

Only our fans

FISHDAWG
10-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Debbie Downers everywhere right now

SignalToNoise
10-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Explanation of Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating)

Average is considered 50, and he is well above that. I'm sure some of you just hate for him to be there but he's subject to the same formula that every other college football quarterback is.

FlabLoser
10-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Hopefully AJ has a bad game against us. You'd think the law of averages would work for us eventually. Eventually, a QB at an elite school (like say a Zach Mett) will not have a career day against us. Eventually some good schools is going to play down when we play up and we get an upset. Eventually.

hailmari
10-08-2013, 03:15 PM
The best part is that it can/should get even better over his career.

MadDawg
10-08-2013, 03:15 PM
It could be Debbie Downers or just horrible fans. Or it might just be some folks thinking we don't really have a top ten QB.

But I could be wrong and you guys are right that Dak is the 10th best QB in college football and the 4th best QB in the SEC. That's quite a limb to be on, but you got a ESPN ranking to back you up, so I say stick with it.

tcdog70
10-08-2013, 03:17 PM
And how many passes have our wrs dropped?

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I would say he is 4th best in the SEC. This actually takes into consideration his ability to not get sacked and run for 30 yards. He has done very well against some decent defenses.

smootness
10-08-2013, 03:31 PM
So I assume the 'adjusted' QBR is due to strength of opponents?

If so, I'm always wary of stats that do something like that. I get some things that are park-adjusted for baseball because you can get a clear analysis of the park dimensions and the result of certain batted balls in one park compared to another.

But any time you're trying to evaluate how good an opponent is and use that to change a stat, it starts to take away from the stat itself and make it more useless.

It may be adjusting for something else, I don't know. And I'm certainly not saying that to try to take away from Dak. Heck, I was happy when Russell led the country in rating after one week two years ago. These are just my overall thoughts on that stat.

I'd rather they just give me the number and let me adjust myself for how good I think their competition has been.

dawgs
10-08-2013, 03:32 PM
It could be Debbie Downers or just horrible fans. Or it might just be some folks thinking we don't really have a top ten QB.

But I could be wrong and you guys are right that Dak is the 10th best QB in college football and the 4th best QB in the SEC. That's quite a limb to be on, but you got a ESPN ranking to back you up, so I say stick with it.

no one actually thinks dak is the 10th best QB in the country. for instance, i'd still say mccarron is the better QB because of track record and small sample sizes. however it is fair to cite the QBR rankings as evidence of dak playing very well and is worth citing when arguing that dak should get full time snaps instead of splitting time with russell.

dawgs
10-08-2013, 03:36 PM
So I assume the 'adjusted' QBR is due to strength of opponents?

If so, I'm always wary of stats that do something like that. I get some things that are park-adjusted for baseball because you can get a clear analysis of the park dimensions and the result of certain batted balls in one park compared to another.

But any time you're trying to evaluate how good an opponent is and use that to change a stat, it starts to take away from the stat itself and make it more useless.

It may be adjusting for something else, I don't know. And I'm certainly not saying that to try to take away from Dak. Heck, I was happy when Russell led the country in rating after one week two years ago. These are just my overall thoughts on that stat.

I'd rather they just give me the number and let me adjust myself for how good I think their competition has been.

then just sort the list by "raw QBR"?

i think it's fair to adjust based on the opposing D rankings. everyone's adjustments are based on the same D numbers.

CadaverDawg
no one actually thinks dak is the 10th best QB in the country. for instance, i'd still say mccarron is the better QB because of track record and small sample sizes. however it is fair to cite the QBR rankings as evidence of dak playing very well and is worth citing when arguing that dak should get full time snaps instead of splitting time with russell.

Exactly. In madDawgs defense, it is not saying that Dak is the 10th best QB in all of college football. It is saying he has the 10th best QBR, which is simply a collection of stats.

QB is hard to judge, that is why I like stats like these. For instance, for MSU's offense...Dak would probably be top 5 in the country while McCarron would be dead last in the country. But for Bama's offense, Dak would be last and McCarron top 5, and Tyler would probably be top 25 for their offense. It's hard to say who are the top 10 QB's so stats like thes are good to have

FlabLoser
I'll tell ya OM keeps trying to get their WRs touchdown passes (throwing, not catching) and it ain't working!

Coach34
10-08-2013, 03:39 PM
You could go the Darkhorse route (Hack's new buddy) and decide the only measure of a QB is his completion percentage

FlabLoser
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Jameon Lewis - 100%

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Believe it or not, Mett didn't have a career day against us. He did that against Georgia.

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Also, if you take the rapist convict off the team their RBs aren't that great. I can see why Lessie sold his soul on that one I guess. Really that kid has no business playing football right now. At the very least, he shouldn't be playing football and should be spending a year in jail. Even the prosecutor stated that the outcome was disturbing. At least when you say LSU has convicts on their team, you would actually be correct.

FlabLoser
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Believe it or not, Mett didn't have a career day against us. He did that against Georgia.

He set a career record against us in one stat. It might have been completion %.

MarketingBully01
10-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Oh, when you say career game I'm thinking TD passes and yards. Those are the stats that make the most sense. Completion percentage is nice but it really doesn't matter. For instance, one of those incompletions that Mett threw ended up being an interception. He probably much rather have the 375 3 TD 0 int game then the one he had against us where he only got 2 TDs and thew one int but I digress.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Jameon Lewis - 100%

I was very impress with him and the way Mullen used him Saturday. Those DB's did not have a answer for him and I was very please with the speed after the catch. We are going to ripe Bowling Green and KY to pieces.

Bullmutt
10-09-2013, 09:18 AM
It I'm not mistaken, I believe fwtcbt had Dak ranked 14th in the SEC in terms of QB efficiency. How can two stats assumed to measure "overall" performance be so different?

RougeDawg
10-09-2013, 09:23 AM
What the **** is wrong with you people? Dak is what we have needed at QB since Dan got here. He's playing well and gives us the best chance to win. You think the bear fans would have any negative comments if Goldie locks was top 10 in QB rating? Some of you ****s need to start giving credit and praise when it's due. We haven't had much to hang our hat on lately. Id expect us to use this and promote Dak, our program, it's direction, and our University. It's a step in drawing positive attention and influence subsequent recruiting classes. Why must we continue this "woe is me"/"we are m state" shit attitude. We will never get away from it as long as we keep this shit up. Grow a pair, refuse to accept anything less than winning, and do whatever you can to keep us going in the positive direction.

I've been a Dak fan since I first saw him last year. I wish he had played all of last year. We would have still won 8 games with him at QB, and he would have been ready to go in Houston this year. But Dan is stubborn, loves playing the upper classmen no matter what, and has little foresight for what's best for the program in the future.

SignalToNoise
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM
What the **** is wrong with you people? Dak is what we have needed at QB since Dan got here. He's playing well and gives us the best chance to win. You think the bear fans would have any negative comments if Goldie locks was top 10 in QB rating? Some of you ****s need to start giving credit and praise when it's due. We haven't had much to hang our hat on lately. Id expect us to use this and promote Dak, our program, it's direction, and our University. It's a step in drawing positive attention and influence subsequent recruiting classes. Why must we continue this "woe is me"/"we are m state" shit attitude. We will never get away from it as long as we keep this shit up. Grow a pair, refuse to accept anything less than winning, and do whatever you can to keep us going in the positive direction.

I've been a Dak fan since I first saw him last year. I wish he had played all of last year. We would have still won 8 games with him at QB, and he would have been ready to go in Houston this year. But Dan is stubborn, loves playing the upper classmen no matter what, and has little foresight for what's best for the program in the future.

http://www.ski-epic.com/gifs/g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif