PDA

View Full Version : The Preachers apology

preachermatt83
05-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Let me first say that while I think it's silly to be so easily offended, it is still not Christlike to antagonize folks on the message board who are offended by things such as nicknames among other things. Therefore I offer my sincerest apologies to any who have found my communication here to be unbecoming a believer. While I do not feel anything I have said or done here to be sinful per se, there are those who have and it is best for me to do as Paul admonished the church at Thessalonica to do and that is to "Abstain from the APPEARANCE of evil" (1Thes 5:22). I think we have got to get better in the area of tearing each other down. That's what one would expect the rival schools fan base to do... but we should not eat our own and this board is the worlds worst at that sometimes. Much of the flack I've caught here is bc of my staunch defense of C34 and for that I do not apologize. I consider him a friend and I just defended my friend as any of you would do for your friend. Again, I apologize for not acting as Christlike as I should and I'll take a couple of days away from posting here. And before anyone asks the answer is no... my church has nothing to do with this apology. I have church members who read this board daily and nothing I do here or anywhere else is hidden from the flock here. We are just a body of believers who are real and do not put on a fake front... not even the pastor. Anyway be blessed my friends. I enjoy all of you guys options and posts.

shoeless joe
05-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Your opinions, handle, and calling in life make it easy for some to give you a hard time. It boosts some folks up to find fault in a clergyman and they can't wait to point out your perceived faults. IMO they're just covering for their own misgivings about themselves and prolly their feeling on religion. Because of all of that I don't think this apology was necessary...it won't make the antagonizers stop and I don't really think you had anything to apologize for...despite the fact I don't agree with a lot of what you post.

Commercecomet24
05-16-2018, 09:46 PM
While I don't feel there was any need for an apology I understand why you felt compelled to offer one. You're a standup guy. I appreciate all the different opinions that are offered on this board. It's what makes it so good.

I seen it dawg
05-16-2018, 09:50 PM
You saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!?

bulldawg28
05-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Sir, what kind of apology is this? You're apologizing but not apologizing? Fyi, I wasn't offended by any of your post. It's your opinion. But reading that I'm scratching my head.

Commercecomet24
05-16-2018, 09:54 PM

Great movie!

preachermatt83
05-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Sir, what kind of apology is this? You're apologizing but not apologizing? Fyi, I wasn't offended by any of your post. It's your opinion. But reading that I'm scratching my head.

I'm apologizing for my communication here not being as Christlike as it should have been... I'm not apologizing for my defense of C34. Thought I was clear but if not Sorry for the confusion.

shoeless joe
05-16-2018, 10:05 PM

Greatest line in the history of cinema

bulldawg28
05-16-2018, 10:23 PM
I'm apologizing for my communication here not being as Christlike as it should have been... I'm not apologizing for my defense of C34. Thought I was clear but if not Sorry for the confusion.

You're good my man.

Todd4State
05-16-2018, 10:31 PM

He's saying Jesus Christ looks curveball and adjusts to the fastball.**

BuckyIsAB****
05-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Some of us take this way too seriously.

Chill you're all good Preacher. Its a message board, not life itself

Coach007
05-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Let me first say that while I think it's silly to be so easily offended, it is still not Christlike to antagonize folks on the message board who are offended by things such as nicknames among other things. Therefore I offer my sincerest apologies to any who have found my communication here to be unbecoming a believer. While I do not feel anything I have said or done here to be sinful per se, there are those who have and it is best for me to do as Paul admonished the church at Thessalonica to do and that is to "Abstain from the APPEARANCE of evil" (1Thes 5:22). I think we have got to get better in the area of tearing each other down. That's what one would expect the rival schools fan base to do... but we should not eat our own and this board is the worlds worst at that sometimes. Much of the flack I've caught here is bc of my staunch defense of C34 and for that I do not apologize. I consider him a friend and I just defended my friend as any of you would do for your friend. Again, I apologize for not acting as Christlike as I should and I'll take a couple of days away from posting here. And before anyone asks the answer is no... my church has nothing to do with this apology. I have church members who read this board daily and nothing I do here or anywhere else is hidden from the flock here. We are just a body of believers who are real and do not put on a fake front... not even the pastor. Anyway be blessed my friends. I enjoy all of you guys options and posts.

The life of a Pastor is not an easy one. You are put on a pedestal like it or not. Some are looking for reasons to kick the pedestal out from under you. Others expect you to not be human.

I know this life ………. I have seen the tears for people in the church as they go through issues and those same people loved the idea of kicking the pedestal out from under him.

Not sure what happened here, and I don't care. It's a sports message board and things get heated every now and then. BUT it takes a big man to make this statement.

God Bless

Percho
05-16-2018, 10:51 PM

Don't everybody?***

Gutter Cobreh
05-16-2018, 11:33 PM
I will concur with the sentiment already expressed by others. The only questionable post for me was when you started a thread (which was quickly deleted) trying to get others to switch to another message board that ended with .org (I'll refrain from using the name) around the time Juan Valdez was leaving. It seemed shady and out of character for you, but maybe your affiliation with people there clouded your judgement. The other stuff you post is your opinion and you have a right to that without any apologies needed.

Your staunch defense of 34 is unbearable at times (which is why your probably catching all the flack), but I can dig loyalty to a friend.

In closing, your nickname stands just as Lateral Move earned his and when Tadlock isn't hired be prepared to again catch some flack....it's what happens on a message board.

msbulldog
05-17-2018, 06:24 AM
You can't be forgiven, unless you can forgive......

Bully13
05-17-2018, 07:35 AM
None of us are perfect, even preachers. Preach knows he erred when posting about another MSU site. I'd personally prefer to not see us make derogatory nicknames about our players even though I used it once in joking fashion a while back. ("is that the 2nd time foam bat has hit into DP's today with RISP?"

I don't think Preach was being "Non Christlike" by using the foam bat word. And yes I get it, if Christ were a MSU fan he prolly wouldn't use it buy Jesus does have a sense of humor.

Questioning Preach's loyalty to The Word for all of this though is way whacked out. "Foam Bible" is not only an inappropriate term, it doesn't make a valid point.

Lord McBuckethead
05-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Jesus doesn't have to adjust for anything. He looks curveball and fastball, but already knows what is coming. Apparently he operates outside of linear time.

tcdog70
05-17-2018, 08:52 AM
ha, ha-no apology needed. it's a message board. Say what you want. Dish it but be able to take it.

sleepy dawg
05-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Honorable move. Let us move on.

viverlibre
05-17-2018, 09:25 AM
The life of a Pastor is not an easy one.

You must not Pinelake Bruh.

05-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Nobody cares. Most of us are just making fun of you for being a tool

Grow thicker skin revrend

DawgPoundtheRock
05-17-2018, 05:28 PM

I miss Will James.