PDA

View Full Version : Great times

Dawgcap
05-15-2018, 09:31 PM
I said this before but damn why look for the negatives in everything? Our sports teams and academics are top notch. It?s not cyclical, we have arrived! I hate losing and was worried about sending my kids to a school with that attitude. They love State cause they believe and I think we are just beginning to enjoy the best times ever. Remember we are still in an amazing conference with 14 teams. In a division with 7 teams! Facilities improving, budget improving but guess what so are everyone else! We are relevant!! But we will still have a tough time. If life was equal we would win a west title in every sport once every 7 years. But life isn?t equal and we are competing against numerous teams with major advantages. I love where we are, believe where we are going and my kids actually expect it. Something I couldn?t say when I graduated!
Our coaches make decisions based on athletes they think can compete. Are they always right? No. Do the players always perform? Nope. But the thing is most of these athletes want to win more than we do! Will they? Hell no! Will they hurt more than you? If so they deserve to wear maroon as much or more than we do!
Guess my point is we have kids and families that love this school as much as us. My kids are badass in a lot of things but I?m actually cool they aren?t SEC athletes cause some of the stuff said would piss me off! These athletes are my family now, your family so remember these guys and girls love this school as much as we do!

sleepy dawg
05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Robert-Redford-Nod-of-approval.gif