PDA

View Full Version : 05/15: D1 Baseball Regional Projections

Bulldog1
05-15-2018, 03:32 PM
D1 updated their regional projections Today.

https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-of-64-may-15/

Last Five In: Illinois, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Mississippi State, Washington

First Five Out: Arizona, Purdue, Michigan, TCU, Iowa

Here's who we are paired with:

GAINESVILLE
1) Florida
4) Hartford
3) UCF
2) Jacksonville

CONWAY
1) Coastal Carolina
4) Kent State
3) Mississippi State
2) UConn

msstate7
05-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Sign us up. I'd love that

confucius say
05-15-2018, 04:33 PM
I'll take it right now. Sign me up. No questions asked.

Bulldog1
05-15-2018, 05:29 PM
SEC has 11 teams projected in the field currently. That's ridiculous.

The Federalist Engineer
05-15-2018, 07:14 PM
I'll take that deal

sleepy dawg
05-15-2018, 07:43 PM
SEC has 11 teams projected in the field currently. That's ridiculous.

Maybe they're thinking we take down Kentucky and LSU wins the SEC tournament to get extras in... but yes, that's too many.

Choctaw Dawg
05-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Very doable, just have to win.

RezDog7
05-15-2018, 09:16 PM
I’d rather play Louisville.

Matty Dispatch
05-16-2018, 07:48 AM
You have to assume that MSU fans are D1baseball's largest audience. Or at least right there with LSU fans. And you have to wonder if these projections pander to the MSU fanbase by keeping them in the field so long as they remain on the bubble to keep them interested and coming back to the site for more clicks. I wonder if there are any discussions about this among the D1baseball staff and if so, what are their true feelings about State's chances?

Todd4State
05-16-2018, 09:26 AM
You have to assume that MSU fans are D1baseball's largest audience. Or at least right there with LSU fans. And you have to wonder if these projections pander to the MSU fanbase by keeping them in the field so long as they remain on the bubble to keep them interested and coming back to the site for more clicks. I wonder if there are any discussions about this among the D1baseball staff and if so, what are their true feelings about State's chances?

Kendall likes us but history has shown us that we are on the bubble no matter what they say. He has said that he thinks the committee takes our situation into account.

I will say this too- they pander to Ole Miss as much as they do us. If not more.

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2018, 11:05 AM

We do get the benefit of the doubt in baseball. One year we got in and didn't even make the SEC tourney. Any bad loss we have is pretty much earlier in the year and we have won 2 series against top 5 teams. I don't think it is a stretch for us to get in as a 3 seed somewhere. I am sure we are getting a slight nod for playing away from home for the first several weeks along with losing our head coach.

confucius say
05-16-2018, 11:33 AM

If they want traffic and comments they should leave us and LSU out of the projection. Pissed off readers comment more than pleased readers. And we're all clicking on the link initially anyway.

Matty Dispatch
05-16-2018, 12:39 PM
If they want traffic and comments they should leave us and LSU out of the projection. Pissed off readers comment more than pleased readers. And we're all clicking on the link initially anyway.

I don't agree because if MSU and LSU fans go to their site to view the projections to see if they are in, and they are left off, then they are more likely to just give up on the team until the team gives them reason to have hope again.

For example, everyone gave up hope before the Arkansas series, then MSU sweeps Arkansas and from that point forward MSU fans have been checking D1baseball projections to see what they say. If they leave MSU off this week with a series vs. #1 remaining then people remove caring about baseball from their minds. I don't think they get pissed at D1baseball for leaving a mediocre MSU team off their projections. Probably over 50% of MSU fans are surprised we are still on their projections this week.