PDA

View Full Version : Is Guidry trying to quit? .....again?

Jarius
05-14-2018, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/bankroll_kills/status/996117002191335424?s=21

jacksondawg
05-14-2018, 03:33 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/bankroll_kills/status/996117002191335424

smootness
05-14-2018, 03:37 PM
I won't say too much because he could still end up playing for us...but nothing with him would be a surprise.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Every time he goes home it's something. Just need to get him back on campus in a couple weeks & pray nothing happens
Between now & August.

preachermatt83
05-14-2018, 03:46 PM
I'm to the point I don't care. It gets to the point where a kid can become so negative that it harms the team.

TrapGame
05-14-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm to the point I don't care. It gets to the point where a kid can become so negative that it harms the team.

Yep, something like this could infect a locker room. It may be best for him to sit out and think.

preachermatt83
05-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Yep, something like this could infect a locker room. It may be best for him to sit out and think.

Exactly

Ari Gold
05-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Maybe he’s is worried about getting a nickname.. ***

Just like IYOK said once he gets back home for whatever reason he goes awol.
Everyone just chill. If he wants to play football he will be here if he doesn’t then best of luck to him.

05-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Maybe he?s is worried about getting a nickname.. ***

Just like IYOK said once he gets back home for whatever reason he goes awol.
Everyone just chill. If he wants to play football he will be here if he doesn?t then best of luck to him.

Why are you telling us to chill when it seems the majority here don't give a damn

Most people wrote this guy off, as far as 2018, when he did absolutely nothing in spring training, so who cares

msstate7
05-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Why are you telling us to chill when it seems the majority here don't give a damn

Most people wrote this guy off, as far as 2018, when he did absolutely nothing in spring training, so who cares

I decided not to count on anything from his last issue. Making the jump from juco to sec is tough; can't imagine how tough it would be when you are only half into it

yjnkdawg
05-14-2018, 04:39 PM
We have had some other big time signees in the past who considered leaving school, after being on campus, but ended up having a great career here. Sometimes it is being homesick, and then it may be that once they get on campus that there are players on the current roster who may be as good or better than the highly recruited signee currently is, and it's difficult for some to accept that.

msstate7
05-14-2018, 04:41 PM
We have had some other big time signees in the past who considered leaving school, after being on campus, but ended up having a great career here. Sometimes it is being homesick, and then it may be that once they get on campus that there are players on the current roster who may be as good or better than the highly recruited signee currently is, and it's difficult for some to accept that.

Yeah, but he's been living in hinds county for 2-3 years going to HCC

Ari Gold
05-14-2018, 04:46 PM

I’m too tired to even explain.

yjnkdawg
05-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but he's been living in hinds county for 2-3 years going to HCC

True, but sometimes it is a big transition from JUCO to a university, and not even including the football aspect. Guess we will see what happens.

Johnson85
05-14-2018, 04:51 PM
It's weird that he says he's planning on coming back for the spring. I think he'll be in his last year of eligibility at that point.

Bothrops
05-14-2018, 04:52 PM
WR is, and will continue to be the most difficult position for MSU to recruit. Can't go in-state, and can barely go out of state.

whosyourdawgy
05-14-2018, 05:00 PM
You are only gonna get so many chances to play D1 football. Seems to me he’s on about his 7th or 8th life by now. What in the world does that even mean. “I’ve decided to sit out this semester and come back for the spring”???? Hell thats another year wasted and not even practicing to learn the offense. Smdh!!

Todd4State
05-14-2018, 05:03 PM
I bet Joe and Getsy get this straightened out.

Sounds like he is getting really bad advice from people back home.

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2018, 05:05 PM

Its hard to stay patient but I've seen kids turn around. Now obviously he is a different case bc he only has 2 years if Im not mistaken.

Give it time

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2018, 05:06 PM
I bet Joe and Getsy get this straightened out.

Sounds like he is getting really bad advice from people back home.

I hate to speculate bc you never know what someone could be going through but Folk in LA are pissed hes not at LSU and letting him know about it if I had to guess

Dawgology
05-14-2018, 05:10 PM
I hate to speculate bc you never know what someone could be going through but Folk in LA are pissed hes not at LSU and letting him know about it if I had to guess

I would hope that isn't so but with that lot it wouldn't suprise me. I still think he will be here come fall.

msstate7
05-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Didn't have an offer there this year. Well, pretty sure

mstatefan91
05-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Some guys just never get it. Hope he isn’t one of them

Pit Bull
05-14-2018, 05:20 PM

Yep.....he has some history now. Feels like to me he never wanted to be here.

Tbonewannabe
05-14-2018, 05:45 PM

He seemed to have his heart set on LSU but they never offered.

bulldawg28
05-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Go find a graduate transfer. I hear Ole Miss has some talented WR's that are available without having to sit.

Turfdawg67
05-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Let's move on... I'll take our chances with Whop, Williams, Couch, Dear, Mitchell, Thomas, Mixon, Todd & Green. Done.

Turfdawg67
05-14-2018, 05:57 PM

Good, done... buh, bye. 17, he ain't that big a difference maker or he'd have more "bigger" offers. Blah...

HaggardDawg
05-14-2018, 06:00 PM
I know people say don't pay attention to players social media because they're all immature. But if you go look at his Instagram and twitter, I question whether the kid is a football player at all. Never anything about football. Just every of pic of him posing flipping the bird. Go look at Kylin's social media. It's mostly him talking about football and how he strives to be great. Guidry doesn't have that passion.

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Let's move on... I'll take our chances with Whop, Williams, Couch, Dear, Mitchell, Thomas, Mixon, Todd & Green. Done.

Its do or die time for Couch and Todd.

But to their credit they havent been distractions like Guidry has

msbulldog
05-14-2018, 06:10 PM
It's one or two things guys:
1. He has found a new or old girlfriend back home.
2. He is doing a magnificent trolling job.

Todd4State
05-14-2018, 06:15 PM

That could very well be. But I don't think he had a LSU offer? If I'm right they need to be pissed at Coach O.

KOdawg1
05-14-2018, 06:22 PM
I'm at the point that I dont care either. He'll either grow up or he won't. I'm thankful that Whop seems to have his head on straight and has his shit in order. It looks like he'll be the only new guy to contribute. We need some of the older guys like Todd, Couch, Mitchell, and others to step up. The receiving corps this year is the difference between 10-2 and 8-4 imo. Need them to be vastly improved.

msbulldog
05-14-2018, 06:23 PM
LSU is well stocked at WR and they don't have a QB that can connect! They don't need another receiver.

msstate7
05-14-2018, 06:25 PM
LSU is well stocked at WR and they don't have a QB that can connect! They don't need another receiver.

May get Ohio st transfer. No idea if he is good, but I bet he's been extremely well coached

msbulldog
05-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Austin Williams is going to surprise us all. Bookmark this post I dare you!

msbulldog
05-14-2018, 06:33 PM
May get Ohio st transfer. No idea if he is good, but I bet he's been extremely well coached

Well according to national reporters today, it's between LSU and Cincinnati, the guy has 1 year to play. From Ohio, former Mr. Ohio Football, he's a pro style QB, Ogre's new OC wants to go West Coast or spread. You think think this guy will go play for Ed O, His father is a college coach?

Walkerhill
05-14-2018, 06:37 PM
This episode with Guidry is dumb. He could be in the NFL by spring if he would just invest in JoMos offense.

Walkerhill
05-14-2018, 06:39 PM
I think the OSU grad transfer actually has 2 to play 2 after graduating early. 90% sure on that, but not certain.

Bothrops
05-14-2018, 06:40 PM
LSU backup receivers get drafted. It's ridiculous what they get at that position. No qb, no problem.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Why would LSU want him?

Seems like they made an exceptional decision to not offer.

How in the world did Hinds keep him on track?

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2018, 07:07 PM
It may not be other people in LA, it may be him going home and wishing he was at LSU.

Just calm down. This too shall pass. I think he will be on the team in the fall.

bulldawg28
05-14-2018, 07:32 PM
It may not be other people in LA, it may be him going home and wishing he was at LSU.

Just calm down. This too shall pass. I think he will be on the team in the fall.

If he keeps this up too much longer the players will turn on him. Players hate drama queens that aren't helping them win.

Bothrops
05-14-2018, 07:47 PM
If he keeps this up too much longer the players will turn on him. Players hate drama queens that aren't helping them win.

This

deltadawg99
05-14-2018, 08:10 PM
I’m sure the coaches will smooth this over. Hopefully it’s a case of him just being homesick and frustrated about not being 100% for spring practice and workouts.

Any talk of him to LSU is dumb. We wouldn’t allow him to transfer there.

tcdog70
05-14-2018, 08:34 PM

I've been saying all along, he didn't do very much at Hinds. Like 20 catches. Don't think he lead the team. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

tcdog70
05-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Its do or die time for Couch and Todd.

But to their credit they havent been distractions like Guidry has

Williams and Dear

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Williams and Dear

Dear will be good but he will never be as good as he can until he allows himself to be.

Everybody hating on Guidry would be mad at Dear too he just doesnt put it on twitter

Bodaski
05-14-2018, 09:16 PM
I decided not to count on anything from his last issue. Making the jump from juco to sec is tough; can't imagine how tough it would be when you are only half into it

He also had to sit out due to academic reasons. He just got here in January and already having academic issues tells me he isn't real interested in being a part of the program. I think part of the reason for missing some practice time was due to having a little surgery to cleanup a prior shoulder injury.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Bat shit crazy

Doggie_Style
05-14-2018, 10:02 PM
When he got to State he realized rather quickly that he wasn’t the top dog at WR, he doesn’t want to compete....time to move on

msstate7
05-14-2018, 10:19 PM
I really was looking forward to our great wr recruiting class coming in. That great class of 3 WRs is quickly becoming 1 great wr. Disappointing

Ari Gold
05-14-2018, 10:34 PM
When he got to State he realized rather quickly that he wasn’t the top dog at WR, he doesn’t want to compete....time to move on

Totally incorrect

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2018, 10:43 PM
He'll still make an impact on the field this year.

maroonmania
05-14-2018, 10:44 PM
I've been saying all along, he didn't do very much at Hinds. Like 20 catches. Don't think he lead the team. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

He actually had 30 catches but only played in 6 or 7 games. Not sure if that was injury related, disciplinary or some other reason. He graduated in '15 from HS but does not appear on the Hinds CC roster for the Fall of 2015. Did he play at Hinds 2 seasons or just 1? Did he start somewhere else? By my calculation though if he misses this Fall then he only has one season of eligibility left. My concern is that he may have it in his mind somehow that he could sit out this Fall and transfer at the end of this semester to play somewhere else in 2019. That would be the only sane reason to say you are sitting out this Fall. Not sure who would want him though since that would mean he would have missed football altogether for 2 full seasons.

Todd4State
05-14-2018, 10:48 PM
He actually had 30 catches but only played in 6 or 7 games. Not sure if that was injury related, disciplinary or some other reason. He graduated in '15 from HS but does not appear on the Hinds CC roster for the Fall of 2015. Did he play at Hinds 2 seasons or just 1? Did he start somewhere else? By my calculation though if he misses this Fall then he only has one season of eligibility left. My concern is that he may have it in his mind somehow that he could sit out this Fall and transfer at the end of this semester to play somewhere else in 2019. That would be the only sane reason to say you are sitting out this Fall. Not sure who would want him though since that would mean he would have missed football altogether for 2 full seasons.

Football stats are also dependent so much on the style of the offense and in this case can be because of the QB's talent and possibly the fact that every defense schemed to try to limit Guidry.

So, I'm not sure that I would read much into his stats.

The thing is we know he had a shoulder injury- I assume that he sustained that playing JUCO ball?

preachermatt83
05-14-2018, 10:54 PM

I completely agree with this and have said the same since I first saw him at hinds... HOWEVER are u Berating one of our players after arguing against that very thing all day.

Bulldog1
05-14-2018, 11:01 PM
He'll still make an impact on the field this year.

I love the new handle under your name "That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach."

msbulldog
05-15-2018, 06:30 AM
I love the new handle under your name "That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach."

Yep and it looks like IYOK got out of the dawghouse his rep bars are back to green.

tcdog70
05-15-2018, 08:53 AM
I completely agree with this and have said the same since I first saw him at hinds... HOWEVER are u Berating one of our players after arguing against that very thing all day.

did I call Him a shitty nickname?--has he played a Down for MSU? my comment was of his performance at Hinds. Read this and comprehend (if that is possible) It is ok to be critical of a Bulldogs play--but not to ridicule them by calling them shitty nicknames.I agree that Luke should sit by tanner Poole but I refuse to call Him foambat. Luke has giving 100% and tried his best--so He has my respect. Now SG , to this point has done nothing to make Me feel like he will ever be a player for MSU. He wasn't much of a difference maker at Hinds--why would you think He will be really good at State. Nice try-Preach-go study Deuteronomy-31-8.

smootness
05-15-2018, 08:58 AM

http://www.alternativephysics.org/comedy/img/facepalm.jpg

Lord McBuckethead
05-15-2018, 09:11 AM
This episode with Guidry is dumb. He could be in the NFL by spring if he would just invest in JoMos offense.

Bingo. Some guys have trouble seeing the forest through the trees.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-15-2018, 09:18 AM

I'm just now seeing this.

Ari Gold
05-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Guidry is a player, and would be a tremendous help to our WR core and team.
Saying that haven’t some of you learned by now not to take to seriously what a college football player or recruit for that matter puts on social media.
Let this staff handle this situation.
And when it comes to stats Guidry had at Hinds . Go look at Austin Williams stats in high school .. they don’t always tell the story of how productive and good a kid will be
In spring ball running drills it was easy to pick out Guidry. And it wasn’t because he had a yellow jersey on

tcdog70
05-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Saying that haven’t some of you learned by now not to take to seriously what a college football player or recruit for that matter puts on social media.
And when it comes to stats Guidry had at Hinds . Go look at Austin Williams stats in high school .. they don’t always tell the story of how productive and good a kid will be
In spring ball running drills it was easy to pick out Guidry. And it wasn’t because he had a yellow jersey on

i keep hearing what you preaching and hope you are correct--but the proof will be in the pudding.

HaggardDawg
05-15-2018, 10:34 AM

I'm going to have disagree and say you can tell a lot about a person by their social media. Why did we all know D'runnya would make a bad decision in the draft? None of us know him personally. It's because we saw the maturity on social media. Same with JRob. I'm agree you have to take of lot of things these players put on social media with a grain of salt but the majority of time it reveals their character and priorities.

Go look at Kylin, Fitz, A.J. Brown, Jalen Hurts, Jeff Simmons, Errol Thompson, and basically any other elite player's social media. They all have something in common. Yes there are a few selfies here and there but it's mostly football. Players like them are cut from a different cloth and posts their priorities. In the case of Fitz, it's his hot girlfriend and football.

BuckyIsAB****
05-15-2018, 10:59 AM
R E L A X

msstate7
05-15-2018, 11:02 AM
R E L A X

Who is upset? Most of us just don't care anymore

BuckyIsAB****
05-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Who is upset? Most of us just don't care anymore

If any of us really knew what it was like inside of the program dealing with kids then there would probably be one thread like this a day about a lot of different kids.

Thats all im saying

Homedawg
05-15-2018, 11:45 AM
If any of us really knew what it was like inside of the program dealing with kids then there would probably be one thread like this a day about a lot of different kids.

Thats all im saying
This..... the board would be a constant melt. Story after story. We have people that play and play a lot, that try to quit, during the season!!!!

Leroy Jenkins
05-15-2018, 01:16 PM

*Corps.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2018, 03:10 PM

He was one of the top LSU targets at one time, on their board, but then some academic issues, JUCO and him decommitting from LSU twice, and Coach O apparently lost interest.

Mac Banks
05-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Last night at the Memphis Road Dawgs dinner Moorehead was talking about the strength and conditioning program. He used Guidry as an example of a player who added a bunch of muscle mass during the Spring. This was only hours after Guidry made his tweet that he was sitting out. It seemed more than ironic that Moorehead said this. I dont think he mentioned another player by name the entire time.

maroonmania
05-15-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm going to have disagree and say you can tell a lot about a person by their social media. Why did we all know D'runnya would make a bad decision in the draft? None of us know him personally. It's because we saw the maturity on social media. Same with JRob. I'm agree you have to take of lot of things these players put on social media with a grain of salt but the majority of time it reveals their character and priorities.

Go look at Kylin, Fitz, A.J. Brown, Jalen Hurts, Jeff Simmons, Errol Thompson, and basically any other elite player's social media. They all have something in common. Yes there are a few selfies here and there but it's mostly football. Players like them are cut from a different cloth and posts their priorities. In the case of Fitz, it's his hot girlfriend and football.

Well, those 2 may have been immature on social media, but I don't remember having any issues with Bear or JRob when it came to getting out on the field and playing some football. JRob may have had some off the field issues but he was never seemingly trying to quit. In fact JRob sat behind players that he was better than at RB for a couple of years without quitting and then showed out when he did finally get his turn.

HoopsDawg
05-15-2018, 08:47 PM
Last night at the Memphis Road Dawgs dinner Moorehead was talking about the strength and conditioning program. He used Guidry as an example of a player who added a bunch of muscle mass during the Spring. This was only hours after Guidry made his tweet that he was sitting out. It seemed more than ironic that Moorehead said this. I dont think he mentioned another player by name the entire time.

Thanks for the update.

coastratdog
05-15-2018, 09:34 PM

Just got back from the Road Dawg show on the Coast and this is exactly what Coach JoMo said. Only player to be talked specifically about as if Coach was excited about his presence on the field next year.

HaggardDawg
05-15-2018, 10:12 PM
Well, those 2 may have been immature on social media, but I don't remember having any issues with Bear or JRob when it came to getting out on the field and playing some football. JRob may have had some off the field issues but he was never seemingly trying to quit. In fact JRob sat behind players that he was better than at RB for a couple of years without quitting and then showed out when he did finally get his turn.

Fair enough but I was talking more along the lines of mature decision making. I'm sure Guidry can ball, but he hasn't proved to be a good decision maker or having a passion for football.

coastratdog
05-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Just got back from the Road Dawg show on the Coast and this is exactly what Coach JoMo said. Only player to be talked specifically about as if Coach was excited about his presence on the field next year.

Ok stupid me, I forgot we have two Guidry's on the team. CoJoMo was probably referring to the freshman safety.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Ok stupid me, I forgot we have two Guidry's on the team. CoJoMo was probably referring to the freshman safety.

He's talking about Stephen

Coach007
05-15-2018, 10:52 PM
He has 14 day to report. If he isn't here, he won't like the results. He has no redshirt to burn.

Coach007
05-15-2018, 11:01 PM
When he got to State he realized rather quickly that he wasn?t the top dog at WR, he doesn?t want to compete....time to move on

He will be on the field.

This guy came in and put on 20 pounds of pure Muscle. JoMo is bragging on this kid all across the state.

msstate7
05-16-2018, 06:08 AM
He will be on the field.

This guy came in and put on 20 pounds of pure Muscle. JoMo is bragging on this kid all across the state.

20 lbs of pure muscle in less than 6 months? With shoulder surgery also...

Bothrops
05-16-2018, 07:35 AM
I look forward to seeing him catch the first touchdown pass against Don's Raccoon Lizards.

Turfdawg67
05-16-2018, 09:46 AM
He deleted the tweet about sitting out until Spring.

Ari Gold
05-16-2018, 10:08 AM
He deleted the tweet about sitting out until Spring.

What a 21 year old put out a tweet and then deleted it..? Shocking.
Kid will be here and he will be a very good one.

msstate7
05-16-2018, 10:18 AM
What a 21 year old put out a tweet and then deleted it..? Shocking.
Kid will be here and he will be a very good one.

Really hope you're right, and it looks like you are

tcdog70
05-16-2018, 10:44 AM
20 lbs of pure muscle in less than 6 months? With shoulder surgery also...

Landon Guidry?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Landon Guidry?

Stephen

Coach007
05-16-2018, 10:19 PM
Stephen

Hate to bump this thread, but JoMo just mentioned him again tonight.....

BuckyIsAB****
05-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Like I said

R E L A X.

Some of yall couldnt make it a day without getting pissed off or pissed on

Bully13
05-17-2018, 07:52 AM
I feel better now. Thanks Ari. My coffee just started tasting better.

Doggie_Style
05-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Like I said

R E L A X.

Some of yall couldnt make it a day without getting pissed off or pissed on

Yea but if we did that there would be no reason to read the boards**

Covercorner2
05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Question for those that may know or have followed Penn State:

Did Penn State have a "deep threat" last year?

Looks like their top WR last year was DaeSean Hamilton, but I can't find his 40 time. Also, according to the below link it doesn't look like speed was his strong suit?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/daesean-hamilton?id=32462018-0002-5600-196a-1006c37c4e42

Looks like their second WR isn't very fast either:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/181490/juwan-johnson

Just trying to figure out if Moorhead's offense can be very good without a deep threat?

msstate7
05-17-2018, 08:53 AM

Looks like their top WR last year was DaeSean Hamilton, but I can't find his 40 time. Also, according to the below link it doesn't look like speed was his strong suit?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/daesean-hamilton?id=32462018-0002-5600-196a-1006c37c4e42

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/181490/juwan-johnson

Just trying to figure out if Moorhead's offense can be very good without a deep threat?

They beat Ohio state deep a few times last year, and Ohio state is always stacked with DBs

Johnson85
05-17-2018, 09:05 AM

I think his offense is very dependent on making people pay for going man on the outside, so I don't think you necessarily need a speedster, you just have to have somebody that can win one-on-one battles on the outside. I would think the percentage of one-on-one battles you win is more important than whether you are fast enough to take it to the house. So Bear would be better than say O'Neal (or whoever the track guy was thath played for Croom and Mullen before going back to track full time).

MetEdDawg
05-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Beating guys deep is as much a function of speed as it is design and execution of the offense. Getting safeties and corners to look where they shouldn't. Or set up a certain look where they begin to anticipate something, then give that same look a different design to win deep.

We had plenty of chances deep this past year and didn't execute. That's the one area of our offense I never liked. I'm still stunned at the amount of offensive success we were able to have under Mullen without ever having a deep threat on our team to worry about. That should change this year.

This is why I think Moorhead has a chance to be very successful here. Mullen didn't maximize us but he got us a lot better. We are never going to get the top talent. We may get some, but we will always be behind the big boys in talent acquisition. Means we need an innovator and a thinker on offense to scheme our ways to victory. We can beat the big programs, but it's rarely going to be by going toe to toe with them. We are going to have to play smarter and execute more efficiently. We did as much as we could in that regard under Mullen. I think the ceiling for those things is higher under Moorhead.