PDA

View Full Version : RPI of 36 after the win today

MetEdDawg
05-13-2018, 06:23 PM
I think if we beat UF once we are in the NCAA Tournament regardless of SEC Tournament performance.

Best chance for a win will be the Saturday game (which is really the Sunday game). I thought our pitching staff did as expected or a little better against a great hitting UK team. Could have won all 3 games.

Big thing here is we have to win 1 of our 3 against UF to GUARANTEE a chance at the NCAA Tournament. For weird SEC Tournament outcomes, we could get swept by UF, win the first game of the SEC Tournament, then lose the next 2 in the tournament and end up with a .500 record and be out of the NCAA Tournament because we have to be above .500 to get in.

So we need to beat UF to guarantee our record be above .500. And I also think that would be enough to get us in.

msstate7
05-13-2018, 06:28 PM
If you're correct, we should hold small till Saturday. Say we wanna keep him on normal rest coming off TJ surgery.

Todd4State
05-13-2018, 06:28 PM
I'm not too surprised that this is coming down to the last weekend for us. We never do anything the easy way.

How many 13 win SEC teams have gotten in before though? That worries me some because I think Ole Miss was in that range last year and got left out with a similar RPI.

It would be helpful if Tennessee wins the Mizzou series as well and keeps them out of the SEC Tournament.

Bulldog1
05-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Small or Pilk should pitch the Saturday game. I highly doubt we win Thursday vs. Singer.

Todd4State
05-13-2018, 06:47 PM
I'd start Cole Gordon Thursday. He shut Florida down last year in the SEC Tournament and not really a lot to lose. Start McQuary on Friday and then go Small on Saturday.

Henderson will start Pilkington, Small, and JB.

MaroonFlounder
05-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Small or Pilk should pitch the Saturday game. I highly doubt we win Thursday vs. Singer.

Small. Because Pilk seems to be done.

msstate7
05-13-2018, 06:49 PM
O'Sullivan could hold singer and kowar for Friday Saturday. Auburn held mize till Friday last week on a thurs-sat series.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-13-2018, 06:57 PM
I'd go France or McQuary on Thursday. Depending on how lucky we're feeling. Keep Pilk and Small in their normal spots

msstate7
05-13-2018, 07:00 PM
I'd go France or McQuary on Thursday. Depending on how lucky we're feeling. Keep Pilk and Small in their normal spots

It'd be interesting if we use one of those guys Thursday and find ourselves up late. Would you go with pilk in relief?

Bulldog1
05-13-2018, 07:14 PM
I think we will take at least one vs. Florida.

MetEdDawg
05-13-2018, 07:35 PM
None of these guys are going to go a long time for UF I don't think. And I doubt they change a lot up. They already have the SEC locked up. They will most likely play conservative this weekend. I think we should pitch Pilk Thursday (I think a little heathy competition on the other side of the mound from Singer might get him pumped), Gordon, Billingsley, or McQuary Friday, then Small Saturday. We need France in relief this series.

Thrill1
05-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Up to 35 now.