View Full Version : Sec era leaders

msstate7
05-13-2018, 06:49 AM
1. Brady singer 2.25, k9 = 9.4, baa = .186
2. Kacey Murphy 2.30, k9 = 8.1, baa = .227
3. Jackson kowar 2.56, k9 = 8.9, baa = .223
4. Casey mize 2.73, k9 = 12.4 (wow), baa = .180
5. Ethan small 2.75, k9 = 11.1, baa = .232

Singer, kowar, and mize have all received 1st round projections in the last month. Mize and singer are locks. Ethan Small is keeping elite company.

Probably the most impressive thing about small is that he has actually dropped his era in conference. His sec era is 2.45.

TNDawg35
05-13-2018, 07:57 AM
Small has the chance to come back and be the Brady Singer or Casy Mize of next yr. whoever we hire as coach you have to know they are gonna bring an elite pitching coach with them. That is only gonna help him. To be honest, if I'm Pilk, I have to look at how far he has dropped and think about coming back and trying to work back into the 1st round.

msstate7
05-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Small has the chance to come back and be the Brady Singer or Casy Mize of next yr. whoever we hire as coach you have to know they are gonna bring an elite pitching coach with them. That is only gonna help him. To be honest, if I'm Pilk, I have to look at how far he has dropped and think about coming back and trying to work back into the 1st round.

I don't think the chances of getting small back are very good. I guess it's possible bc he RS, so he would still have leverage next season. Longshot or not, our new coach needs to visit small before any one. Maybe hire a pitching coach know for increasing velocity. If small gets back to mid-90s, he's a 1st rounder

I seen it dawg
05-13-2018, 01:23 PM
With already having an arm injury i have to believe Small has pitched his way up enough to take the money and go.

msstate7
05-13-2018, 01:26 PM
With already having an arm injury i have to believe Small has pitched his way up enough to take the money and go.

I agree.

Tbonewannabe
05-13-2018, 09:16 PM
So does a senior pitcher taken in the first round get paid like a normal first round guy? Is there any chance Pilk comes back? Like most of our returning guys, he has taken a big step backwards.

05-13-2018, 09:21 PM

Yep, and good luck to him

We are going to have a hell of a time rebuilding this staff next year

Homedawg
05-14-2018, 08:58 AM

Why? If he goes in the 5th round he will get more money than a sr in the first. They have you by the balls. Sign and move on. Only option.

Homedawg
05-14-2018, 08:59 AM
So does a senior pitcher taken in the first round get paid like a normal first round guy? Is there any chance Pilk comes back? Like most of our returning guys, he has taken a big step backwards.

No. Period. And he's not a first rounder anyway. No elite pitch.

Tbonewannabe
05-14-2018, 10:42 AM
No. Period. And he's not a first rounder anyway. No elite pitch.

I don't know if he would ever be a first rounder but he has definitely hurt his draft stock this year. I was wondering even if he came back and improved then is there even a chance it would help him. I didn't think so but I don't know if I have ever seen a senior pitcher in the first or second round.

Homedawg
05-14-2018, 11:06 AM
I don't know if he would ever be a first rounder but he has definitely hurt his draft stock this year. I was wondering even if he came back and improved then is there even a chance it would help him. I didn't think so but I don't know if I have ever seen a senior pitcher in the first or second round.

if the whole point is money, and it should be, coming back does nothing but kill him. SR get nothing to sign compared to jr or hs players......nothing. And yeah, he hurt his stock that's not in question.

tcdog70
05-14-2018, 02:59 PM

can't argue with that--spot on

Ari Gold
05-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Small and Pilk are gone.
It’s a pipe dream to think otherwise.