PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brewer has died

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2018, 12:21 AM
He was 83.

Bully13
05-13-2018, 05:17 AM
That sux. was a character. I'll give him a break on this day. My mom knew him. Rest in Peace sir and God Bless Your Family.

dogshiek
05-13-2018, 09:32 AM
I really can't say anything bad about a guy nicknamed dog. He loved his university just like I love mine.

dawgoneyall
05-13-2018, 12:39 PM
He hated MSU....but there was nothing wrong with that.

msbulldog
05-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Prayers for family and love ones. I always hated to play his teams, because they were always tough.

"He loved his university just like I love mine."

That is the exact sentiment that is most appropriate at this time.
Hail State/1

Bully13
05-13-2018, 03:27 PM
I used to enjoy the back and fort shit talking he and JWS would have. Dog called Jackie a perpetual liar and Jackie came back saying "perpetual winner".

And that Egg Bowl we won when Dog thought he had a Bowl Game wrapped up regardless of the outcome. We whipped tsun's ass and they stayed home while we Bowled. "DECEIVED!!!" Shouted The Dog. Laughed my Ass Off. Good Times indeed. Then Jackie afterwards saying I'm sure a lot of MSU fans who will go into the office Monday morning proud of that MSU cup they'll be sipping their coffee from. I miss Jack & Jackie.

msbulldog
05-13-2018, 03:31 PM
"I miss Jack & Jackie."

Amen, Bully 13

Maroonthirteen
05-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Brewer called Jackie a cheat and a habitual liar. Jackie said Billy couldn’t spell habitual.

Brewer was the quenessential rebel. Calling someone a liar while he sat on his thrones of lies built of Rogue boosters, bag men and NCAA violations.

Todd4State
05-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Brewer called Jackie a cheat and a habitual liar. Jackie said Billy couldn’t spell habitual.

Brewer was the quenessential rebel. Calling someone a liar while he sat on his thrones of lies built of Rogue boosters, bag men and NCAA violations.

To me, he was Hugh Freeze before Hugh Freeze.

Similar tenures in some ways but of course Freeze's was way more over the top than Brewer's.

RocketDawg
05-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Can't believe he was 83. Jackie must be getting close to that age now.

klong-dog
05-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Jackie will be 75 in November.

IMissJack
05-13-2018, 07:21 PM

Similar tenures in some ways but of course Freeze's was way more over the top than Brewer's.

I don't remember Brewer putting the religious angle in people's face the way Hugh did.

Bully13
05-14-2018, 07:13 AM
As much as I enjoyed "hating" Dog, He loved the school he went to and he was genuine about his passion for tsun. I respect that. Can't say that about Freezus. My mom knew Dog but I forget to what degree. I'll find out when she wakes up and I'll give her a buzz. If memory serves me, she had positive things to say about him as a person. I'll confirm that today. She could give 2 17's about football but I don't even have to ask what her opinion of Freezus is.

LC Dawg
05-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Brewer was "poor white trash" and the only reason he was accepted at Ole Miss is because he could play football. A lot of Ole Miss people looked down their nose at him even after he became a football star and later the head coach. They also had no problem turning on him quickly when the NCAA stuff happened. I didn't like Brewer because he was a Rebel but the truth is that he would have fit in at State had he gone there. I loved the rivalry between Brewer and Jackie. It was obvious that Jackie was much smarter than Brewer and the Ole Miss people knew it which made it even funnier.

Todd4State
05-14-2018, 01:47 PM
I don't remember Brewer putting the religious angle in people's face the way Hugh did.

He didn't. That was part of the over the top comment I was referring to about Freeze.

What I remember was Ole Miss fans loved him because he played for Vaught, he cheated in recruiting, and won about 8 games a year before Jackie came along. To me, he was sort of their "ideal" coach until Freeze came along and then they improved Freeze's image with the Christian stuff and ramped up the cheating to the point where it was much more complicated.

Saltydog
05-14-2018, 03:25 PM
up hookers himself.

Jack Lambert
05-14-2018, 03:35 PM

Billy played football at Ole Miss. Freeze played with his ball at USM.

Saltydog
05-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Last time I saw him he was coming out of the Aberdeen Marina. I didn't recognize him at first as he was walking out the door with his back to the door because he had a case of beer under each arm. He barely made it to his truck. He had to drive home. Yep, he was too drunk to walk.

TrapGame
05-14-2018, 03:42 PM
What kills me is before Brewer they had Sloan who never went to a bowl game in like 12 years. That would never fly in the SECW these days. Year three or four and no bowl game, you're gone.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-14-2018, 03:55 PM
What kills me is before Brewer they had Sloan who never went to a bowl game in like 12 years. That would never fly in the SECW these days. Year three or four and no bowl game, you're gone.
Luke says "Hold my beer"

Howboutdemdogs
05-15-2018, 06:35 AM
I often wondered if the cheerleader he got caught screwing in the laundry room was blind. I had to guide for him one morning on a duck hunt,,,,, as sat there, I could not believe anyone would screw his ugly ass.

Bully13
05-15-2018, 06:43 AM
I often wondered if the cheerleader he got caught screwing in the laundry room was blind. I had to guide for him one morning on a duck hunt,,,,, as sat there, I could not believe anyone would screw his ugly ass.

Rep given because I just laughed my ass off before 7 a.m.