PDA

View Full Version : I missed the game today, can someone breakdown

HoopsDawg
05-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Westburg's ABs?

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Small outstanding, again. We got their starter out after 4. They brought in 2 relievers with an era over 6.80 that completely dominated us. Westburg had a double down the 3rd base line and drove a ball to LF fence. Season over

WesternSkyDawg
05-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Season over

So your genius insights will not be displayed on the board till the last out?

#silverlinings

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:38 PM

#silverlinings

So how many wins you predicting out of last 4?

HoopsDawg
05-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Small outstanding, again. We got their starter out after 4. They brought in 2 relievers with an era over 6.80 that completely dominated us. Westburg had a double down the 3rd base line and drove a ball to LF fence. Season over

Thx. Glad to hear. I'm sure he'll be on the bench tomorrow unless UK starts a lefty.

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Thx. Glad to hear. I'm sure he'll be on the bench tomorrow unless UK starts a lefty.

That ball to the fence in the 9th was hit very well. I thought it was gone

Bulldog1
05-12-2018, 10:49 PM
That ball to the fence in the 9th was hit very well. I thought it was gone

I got so mad I had to turn it off in the bottom of the 8th.

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:50 PM
About small... overall era is now 2.75 and 2.45 in the sec. 2.75 era overall puts him top 5 in sec among starters. He is outstanding

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:51 PM
I got so mad I had to turn it off in the bottom of the 8th.

Hatcher and westburg hit balls to deep, deep left.

msstate7
05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Oh, and France is a good pitcher, but just really bad at fielding bunts and throwing to 1b

WesternSkyDawg
05-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Appears you are re-energized

Good to see

#Dawgtillwe’redead

confucius say
05-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Oh, and France is a good pitcher, but just really bad at fielding bunts and throwing to 1b

Just finished watching game and haven't read Game Thread. France should never have had to have fielded either bunt. You want your infielders fielding bunts, not your pitcher. Third basemen has to be in, and if you want to cover third run a damn wheel play Luke over there. Stupid.

The Federalist Engineer
05-12-2018, 11:20 PM

#silverlinings

MsState7 is basically the biggest MSU baseball fan there is, so when he says it's over, just accept that it is over.

We beat OM 3 of 4 this year, Ethan Small will be a #1 pick, Dakota Hudson will pitch in the majors in 2018, and we will announce a bad-ass coach in June.

msstate7
05-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Appears you are re-energized

Good to see

#Dawgtillwe’redead
Lol... sucked me back in. I can't quit even if I want to. I watched every Rick ray and Croom game... I'll watch Henderson's too, even though it'll hurt

confucius say
05-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Lol... sucked me back in. I can't quit even if I want to. I watched every Rick ray and Croom game... I'll watch Henderson's too, even though it'll hurt

Holy hell. We've had to watch croom, Ray, and Hindu coach. May be recentcy bias, but I swear Hindu is the most frustrating.

Bulldog1
05-12-2018, 11:35 PM
We better win tomorrow, or the slim chance we have to make a regional becomes no chance at all.

confucius say
05-12-2018, 11:36 PM
We better win tomorrow, or the slim chance we have to make a regional becomes no chance at all.

Better hope Denver or JB pulls smn out of their ass then.

Bulldog1
05-12-2018, 11:39 PM
I don't think we win tomorrow- we might not win a game the rest of the year.

The Federalist Engineer
05-13-2018, 12:27 AM
Better hope Denver or JB pulls smn out of their ass then.

We always say that abut JB, he did have that epic night in Hattiesburg

mstatefan91
05-13-2018, 12:34 AM
Conclusion... I wasted 3 hours of my Saturday.. But I have beer now, and it will be ok.

Pit Bull
05-13-2018, 06:38 AM
The thing that got my goat was we had men in scoring position at 2nd and 3rd TWICE......and could not deliver. And we had our best batter in Mangum up one of those times. As soon as KY got bases loaded.......they scored like gangbusters.......4 spot I think.

TNDawg35
05-13-2018, 06:38 AM
Conclusion... I wasted 3 hours of my Saturday.. But I have beer now, and it will be ok.

In the words of the late, Greta Col Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken...". -Ricky Bobby

Todd4State
05-13-2018, 07:12 AM
We always say that abut JB, he did have that epic night in Hattiesburg

He was also the MVP of the Governor's Cup three years ago. He came in and got their best hitters out with runners on base.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-13-2018, 09:29 AM

#silverlinings

Damn! Mrs. Henderson, you were up late last night.

Ari Gold
05-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Just finished watching game and haven't read Game Thread. France should never have had to have fielded either bunt. You want your infielders fielding bunts, not your pitcher. Third basemen has to be in, and if you want to cover third run a damn wheel play Luke over there. Stupid.

Agree. Dont even have to have wheel play on. 3rd baseman fields the bunt and gets the out they are giving you.
Much Greater chances things go sideways when you having ur pitcher cover the 3rd baseside on a bunt and as you saw it went sideways.

MarketingBully
05-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Not only that but Alexander and Foscue have to help France out on those two groundballs that were weakly hit that got through the infield. Foscue could have had a play at second if he fields Pompei’s ball but the ball Alexander let go through on the nine hole hitter is unacceptable. He has the range of a little leaguer at short.

I seen it dawg
05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Amazing how we latch on to one thing a player does ie a night in Hattiesburg, homer to beat OM and can't see the limitations of said player anymore. And we expect the magic every time when they aren't capable of being average much less magical.

msstate7
05-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Amazing how we latch on to one thing a player does ie a night in Hattiesburg, homer to beat OM and can't see the limitations of said player anymore. And we expect the magic every time when they aren't capable of being average much less magical.

Amazing how someone can melt 24/7 over a player and never melt out. You seriously need counseling to get over this. Day in, day out, you can count on ISID/Ari to blame Alexander for this terrible season. Maybe some blame should be saved for your hero, Cann... you remember all the "we just don't know what we hired in a baseball coach"?

Alexander leads team in RBIs and HRs and hits .287 with RISP. Is he a great player? No. Does he deserve to blame over-and-over for this team's failure? No. Suck it up, dude... move on with your life

MarketingBully
05-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Amazing how someone can melt 24/7 over a player and never melt out. You seriously need counseling to get over this. Day in, day out, you can count on ISID/Ari to blame Alexander for this terrible season. Maybe some blame should be saved for your hero, Cann... you remember all the "we just don't know what we hired in a baseball coach"?

Alexander leads team in RBIs and HRs and hits .287 with RISP. Is he a great player? No. Does he deserve to blame over-and-over for this team's failure? No. Suck it up, dude... move on with your life

This season’s meltdown/crash and burn is on Cann. This could be a regional host team with the right coaching decisions. Henderson so far is a big -10 in coach affect. Pretty easy to see that. Henderson is the worst coach we have had in any sport. He’s like Croom and Ray all wrapped into one with the amount of boneheaded decisions he makes.

I seen it dawg
05-13-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm not blaming Alexander for anything. Not his fault he keeps getting stuck in the 4 hole. This season is on the adults not the players. Starting with Cann for being a ****ing idiot. Players don't play to screw up on purpose but is the adults job to put players in positions to succeed. The adults have done a real shitty job in some aspects of doing that. You take this too personal and think it's just attacking a player while you make it so easy to really be about going after you. #Gridley

I seen it dawg
05-13-2018, 01:57 PM
And foambat7 keeps spouting off "leads team in Hrs and rbis"...I'm curious how that looks taking just the last 6 weeks