msstate7
05-12-2018, 06:51 PM
You have no reason to worry

Dawgology
05-12-2018, 06:54 PM
We would be out in the first round anyway

Bully13
05-12-2018, 07:01 PM
This season is done. But don't carry a heavy heart. Help is on the way. Let not Your Hearts Be Troubled.

Saltydog
05-12-2018, 07:04 PM
they'll end up with a losing record.

mparkerfd20
05-12-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm ready for this abortion of a season to end. I'm ready to start the next chapter. Forfeit the rest and let's move on.

Quaoarsking
05-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Disagree. While this team is nowhere near Mississippi State baseball standards, we are still a top 50 team and deserve to be one of 64 teams in the Tournament.

If they don't take us, they'll take some other mediocre team instead.

There's a strong argument that the NCAA Tournament takes too many teams in baseball. I agree with that argument, but as long as they're taking 64, we're good enough. Barely.

boonedawg
05-12-2018, 07:32 PM
We need it for the post season experience for next year, just like our young basketball needed the NIT.

MetEdDawg
05-12-2018, 07:54 PM
We need it for the post season experience for next year, just like our young basketball needed the NIT.

This. 2 games, even if they are losses in a hostile regional, would do wonders for this young team. Get them exposed to the process and allow them to get more at bats, more practice, more reps. They need to be in a regional badly.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Disagree. While this team is nowhere near Mississippi State baseball standards, we are still a top 50 team and deserve to be one of 64 teams in the Tournament.

If they don't take us, they'll take some other mediocre team instead.

There's a strong argument that the NCAA Tournament takes too many teams in baseball. I agree with that argument, but as long as they're taking 64, we're good enough. Barely.

If we want to build for the future, I hope you are right. More importantly, I hope you have a selection committee vote.

basedog
05-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Must win tomorrow and probably need 2 against the Gators. Long shot indeed but if they do this then yes they deserve.

I didn't think we would win the K'tucky series and actuall thought they would or will sweep. Too much offense.

Btw, Belmont did make some good defensive plays. We had our chances to score the last two innings but.....

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-12-2018, 08:11 PM
This season is done. But don't carry a heavy heart. Help is on the way. Let not Your Hearts Be Troubled.

Please tell me help carries the name of “Schlossnagle“or “McDonnell.”

Todd4State
05-12-2018, 09:25 PM
The team deserves a bid.

The program doesn't for this year.

WesternSkyDawg
05-12-2018, 10:31 PM
This team does not deserve an NCAA bid.

Well no shit jackass

But put up a couple more W’s, with the #19 & #1 teams in the country and SEC tournament to go, and we’ll see.

Ready to check out? See ya next year. Still digging? High fives coming your way with the next win.

Pit Bull
05-13-2018, 06:23 AM
This just a bad team.

We all pretty much knew we had to have 2 of 3 at Kentucky and it just didn't happen. Unless Florida rests all its pitchers and sluggers, we really don't have much chance to even win one game....much less the whole series. As in the words of the late Bill Paxton......for the 2018 MSU Diamond Dogs......."GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!

msstatelp1
05-13-2018, 09:25 AM
The team deserves a bid.

The program doesn't for this year.

Agree. Hate it that these guys may not get a bid after the way they came back from a horrible start.